Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Post

Ship a package for free within Canada every Tuesday in October for Solutions for Small Business members!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 2:00 pm
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
Here we go again!

Now, I need to figure out if I need to ship anything :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: I'm moving to Vancouver and need to ship things! Not in a huge rush so I can easily ask family to ship each Tuesday. Only thing is the 5kg limit doesn't really seem so great given the potential volume of things I'd want to ship

Am I able to create the account and have someone drop off at Canada Post on my behalf? Can I just pay some difference or something over the 5kg limit?

Basically how can I make the most of this, shopping some of my belongings out to bc :)
It doesn't matter who drops off at the post office. Since you would have already created a shipping label and printed it at home all the counter person does is accept it and scan it.

Easiest thing would be for you to make up a bunch of 5kg parcels in advance. Then have a family member create an account and print one label every Tuesday.
Last edited by Inno on Sep 19th, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Inno wrote: It doesn't matter who drops off at the post office. Since you would have already created a shipping label and printed it at home all the counter person does is accept it and scan it.

Easiest thing would be for you to make up a bunch of 5kg parcels in advance. Then have a family member create an account and print labels every Tuesday.
Okay thanks. Having a hiccup creating account on mobile, but it includes the default $100 insurance right? What about tracking?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Kaitlyn wrote: I'm moving to Vancouver and need to ship things! Not in a huge rush so I can easily ask family to ship each Tuesday. Only thing is the 5kg limit doesn't really seem so great given the potential volume of things I'd want to ship

Am I able to create the account and have someone drop off at Canada Post on my behalf? Can I just pay some difference or something over the 5kg limit?

Basically how can I make the most of this, shopping some of my belongings out to bc :)
From one of my posts in last year's thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/send-pac ... k-2128367/
"Our last week parcel was 20 lbs and this weeks was 18 lbs. No charge for either on the receipt beside the label print out. Both say 'Total Transaction Amount= $0.00 CAD'"
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Kaitlyn wrote: but it includes the default $100 insurance right? What about tracking?
Yes, Xpresspost comes with both tracking and $100 liability coverage.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Being a Small Business / VentureOne account holder always gives you free tracking and $100 insurance, even for the basic "Business Expedited " service.

Also I always select Do Not Safe Drop, so they don't just dump the package at the door, leaving it vulnerable to porch pirates. That's a free option.
Last edited by Inno on Sep 19th, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
This
+ ebay sell you item for 1$
Perfect match Ok Hand Sign
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal.. there are 5 Tuesdays in October as well!

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
esq05 wrote: Just to be clear - its not just one package - you can ship as many as you want on that Tuesday?
I remember hearing about someone who did an entire move by mailing everything. Don't know how a sofa would fit in a mail slot though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Tuesday is 24 hours. Just login during low traffic times.
as i said, good luck. last year it was down LITERALLY the entire day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Not getting too excited. Might be a postal strike I just heard.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
Shame on the posters shipping 18kg and abusing this promo. Rfd abuse results in deals like this not happening again.
Autocorrect sucks
Jul 18, 2015
22 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
whats the cost for setting up a small business account with canada post? can't seem to find anything on it.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
braddd wrote: whats the cost for setting up a small business account with canada post? can't seem to find anything on it.
No cost.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
GangStarr wrote: Shame on the posters shipping 18kg and abusing this promo. Rfd abuse results in deals like this not happening again.
18 lbs, not kg, if you're referring to my post.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
I was waiting on this promo to ship my Denon AVR in for RMA to local depot to avoid the hour drive in traffic and gas money. I just checked the website and its 20.7 lbs (hoping some of that is accessories, I should double check it myself). I was really assuming a 10kg limit so sucks that its 5kg. But I'm hopeful that if it doesn't prevent me from filling out the shipping label, it'll be good to go.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Dec 17, 2014
801 posts
386 upvotes
HYPE. Been waiting all year for this deal... and quite possibly once of the best deals of the year IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)