Expired Freebies

[Canada Post] Ship a package for free within Canada every Tuesday in October for Solutions for Small Business members!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 2:00 pm
May 26, 2011
122 posts
5 upvotes
RICHMOND
Do you have to have a small business to qualify?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4255 posts
2651 upvotes
Edmonton
marcuslo721 wrote: Do you have to have a small business to qualify?
No. Anyone can register for a free Solutions for Small Business account and take advantage of this promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9002 posts
13266 upvotes
eager beaver wrote: I remember hearing about someone who did an entire move by mailing everything. Don't know how a sofa would fit in a mail slot though.
I remember that one, but in the end, they weren't able to ship the furniture! ;)

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2082 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have to pay, print and send on a Tuesday?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2406 posts
1207 upvotes
London
cardle wrote: Do you have to pay, print and send on a Tuesday?
u have to print it on the Tuesday but u can drop off later
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2082 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote: u have to print it on the Tuesday but u can drop off later
Thanks, I will have to think of a way round it as I can't print it on a Tuesday. Maybe screenshot it?
Nov 4, 2011
625 posts
384 upvotes
YYZ
cardle wrote: Thanks, I will have to think of a way round it as I can't print it on a Tuesday. Maybe screenshot it?
You could print it to a PDF? In any case, Canada Post sends a link to print the label which is valid for 5 days once you make a Snap Ship shipment. There's no rush to print the label, just make the shipment.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2082 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
zappy312 wrote: You could print it to a PDF? In any case, Canada Post sends a link to print the label which is valid for 5 days once you make a Snap Ship shipment. There's no rush to print the label, just make the shipment.
That works for me then as there is no rush to do everything in the same day.
Mar 15, 2007
517 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
How big is one of these labels that you print?

Want to keep the box as small as possible but not so small that I won't be able to tape the label to it.
Apr 29, 2018
69 posts
93 upvotes
ON
Anyone know how the extra charges are calculated for items over 5kg? Curious if it's only a few bucks extra to go from 5kg to 6kg or a lot more.
Don't forget to like and subscribe
Sep 30, 2015
308 posts
389 upvotes
East York, ON
nonlinear wrote: How big is one of these labels that you print?

Want to keep the box as small as possible but not so small that I won't be able to tape the label to it.
About half of a standard 8.5 x 11 page.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2406 posts
1207 upvotes
London
fusion52 wrote: Anyone know how the extra charges are calculated for items over 5kg? Curious if it's only a few bucks extra to go from 5kg to 6kg or a lot more.
last year they didn't charge anything to go over 5 it still was free weather they do this year who knows.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3169 posts
462 upvotes
Don't be nosey
The code is available but when can we start creating labels? I'm assuming 12am midnight?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1040 posts
538 upvotes
Richmond
RunOrDie wrote: The code is available but when can we start creating labels? I'm assuming 12am midnight?
I think 12am EST. Last year the codes expired at 9pm PST. It's up on the site too now but not working as of yet. Might have to wait 40 minutes.

https://www.canadapost.ca/freeshipping
Dec 17, 2014
640 posts
188 upvotes
zappy312 wrote: You could print it to a PDF? In any case, Canada Post sends a link to print the label which is valid for 5 days once you make a Snap Ship shipment. There's no rush to print the label, just make the shipment.
Where does it say 5 days? Curious.