Shopping Discussion

Canada Post tracking numbers do not update...what to do?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2012 2:33 am
Tags:
None
Jun 23, 2009
184 posts
34 upvotes
canadiankorean wrote: +1

Even if it looks like a tracking number, you need to pay for it to see information.
Xpresspost has it. The cheapest shipping does not.
And canadapost will not update you with info until it is delivered.
They'll tell you if it was delivered or not.
It happened to me.

I sold on eBay. The buyer ripped me off by disputing the charge
and saying he never got it.

This is correct and answers all the questions in this forum. CanadaPost is not UPS, and doesn't have point-to-point updates for every location it is moved to. Majority of their services have Delivery Confirmation, which confirms (via tracking number) that the delivery has been made the day the package gets delivered. The tracking number doesn't do anything else.

CanadaPost's cheapest shipping method is their Light/Small Package USA/International service which does -not- have delivery confirmation (not availabe for in-country deliveries so that's a good thing). Do not use this service unless it's to someone you know because you can easily get scammed for selling stuff using this delivery method. Besides, it's only very slightly cheaper so don't do it.

Anyway, some deliveries take a while because of customs. As long as you have a tracking number for some delivery confirmation, you are safe from getting scammed because it will eventually update before dispute start deadlines (30 days from expected delivery date). Moral of the story, don't cheap out on $1-2 :( . If your buyer wants more information, tell them they should have paid for a more expensive delivery service.
Aug 22, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
NORTH BAY
I ordered a guitar from the USA on eBay on Monday April 16, 2012. It was sent by the seller USPS International Priority Shipping. While it was in the USA, it moved quickly and efficiently and got to Canada Customs in Vancouver BC by Friday April 20th, 2012. All was just great UNTIL it arrived in CanadaCustoms. The seller told me he had sent many guitars to Canada without any problems. The feedback from other customers of this seller NEVER had a bad thing to say about them. The guitar is actually for my brother as a gift for surviving an illness. My brother will be here this weekend and I'd love to be able to give him this guitar. According to the tracking number, the guitar has been sitting in CanadaCustoms since 1:25PM Pacific Time on Friday April 20, 2012, ever since it arrived in Canada. If I do NOT receive this guitar by Friday April 27 2012, CanadaCustoms will be to blame. I won't say what WILL happen as a result of this delay, but if you work for CandaCustoms ANYWHERE in Canada, you will pay somehow. That ain't a threat, it's a direct promise. Bunch of lazy government employees. Par for the course in Canada, is that a large percent of the cushy high paying Canadian Federal Jobs are had by just arrived immigrants from Pakistan, Africa and Europe. You'd think a true BORN IN CANADA person would have first bids on these incredibly lucrative dog reamin' government jobs. Maybe if a Canadian was actually WORKING there at CanadaCustoms, the job would get done right. Why does my American made product bought from an American in America by a Canadian take longer to arrive in Canada than in Australia? I'm not happy one bit about CanadaCustoms ********. If I don't get this guitar by Friday May 4 2012, the $58,000 per year they get for...whatever at CanadaCustoms won't nearly be enough. I AM EXTREMELY PISSED. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/images/i ... vil-16.png
Oct 16, 2007
680 posts
88 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote: i need advice on what to do...i am going to call canada post when they re-open but i have a feeling that they will just say that they have access to the same information that is being displayed online. any suggestions?
My memory is kind of hazy but I remember once I had a problem with tracking numbers not working last year so I called Canada Post and they actually did had an update for it that was beyond what I could see myself. I don't know if it would be the same as the other cases mentioned above but I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to call.
Aug 23, 2010
548 posts
283 upvotes
zeezee420[QUOTE]I ordered a guitar from the USA on eBay on Monday April 16, 2012. It was sent by the seller USPS International Priority Shipping. While it was in the USA, it moved quickly and efficiently and got to Canada Customs in Vancouver BC by Friday April 20th, 2012. All was just great UNTIL it arrived in CanadaCustoms. The seller told me he had sent many guitars to Canada without any problems. The feedback from other customers of this seller NEVER had a bad thing to say about them. The guitar is actually for my brother as a gift for surviving an illness. My brother will be here this weekend and I'd love to be able to give him this guitar. According to the tracking number, the guitar has been sitting in CanadaCustoms since 1:25PM Pacific Time on Friday April 20, 2012, ever since it arrived in Canada. If I do NOT receive this guitar by Friday April 27 2012, CanadaCustoms will be to blame. I won't say what WILL happen as a result of this delay, but if you work for CandaCustoms ANYWHERE in Canada, you will pay somehow. That ain't a threat, it's a direct promise. Bunch of lazy government employees. Par for the course in Canada, is that a large percent of the cushy high paying Canadian Federal Jobs are had by just arrived immigrants from Pakistan, Africa and Europe. You'd think a true BORN IN CANADA person would have first bids on these incredibly lucrative dog reamin' government jobs. Maybe if a Canadian was actually WORKING there at CanadaCustoms, the job would get done right. Why does my American made product bought from an American in America by a Canadian take longer to arrive in Canada than in Australia? I'm not happy one bit about CanadaCustoms ********. If I don't get this guitar by Friday May 4 2012, the $58,000 per year they get for...whatever at CanadaCustoms won't nearly be enough. I AM EXTREMELY PISSED. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/image...ad-evil-16.png[/QUOTE]

relax, i order lots from ebay and US.sometimes it's normal. the longest was 2 weeks sitting in customs. i also bought in march something from china(arrived customs vancouver 3 weeks ago) and i got it after 2 weeks. i wonder what they are doing that it takes so long. :mad:
Aug 23, 2010
548 posts
283 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote: i have recently been selling stuff on ebay and while most people seem to have received their items, one person claims to have not received it (they live in england if it matters) and they opened a dispute on ebay. the problem is that all the tracking numbers do not update for me, they all say: "Order information received by Canada Post" regardless of whether the packages have been delivered or not, and they don't update even after weeks have passed.

i know that people have received their items since they leave me positive feedback so i am sure the items are being delivered.

i need advice on what to do...i am going to call canada post when they re-open but i have a feeling that they will just say that they have access to the same information that is being displayed online. any suggestions?

when did you send the package. i send a package overseas 6 weeks ago. (i payed freak n $77 shipping).after 5 weeks it still wasn't there and i called canadapost.they told me that it is still on the ship(not air? and i paid $77??? WTF :evil :) if there is no update since it was last scanned for departure from canada(quebec). i didn't know they send it via ship(can take up to 6 weeks so they told me). the package arrived after almost 6 week(a couple days ago).(tracking was updated at the time it arrived in europe).
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
182 upvotes
Burnaby
zeezee420 wrote: If I do NOT receive this guitar by Friday April 27 2012, CanadaCustoms will be to blame. I won't say what WILL happen as a result of this delay, but if you work for CandaCustoms ANYWHERE in Canada, you will pay somehow. That ain't a threat, it's a direct promise. I AM EXTREMELY PISSED. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/images/i ... vil-16.png
I'm sure they're quaking in their boots over at "CanadaCustoms". Especially since you've lodged your complaint here on RedFlagDeals, the official customer service website of the Canadian Government.

:facepalm:
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21532 posts
2324 upvotes
zeezee420 wrote: I ordered a guitar from the USA on eBay on Monday April 16, 2012. It was sent by the seller USPS International Priority Shipping. While it was in the USA, it moved quickly and efficiently and got to Canada Customs in Vancouver BC by Friday April 20th, 2012. All was just great UNTIL it arrived in CanadaCustoms. The seller told me he had sent many guitars to Canada without any problems. The feedback from other customers of this seller NEVER had a bad thing to say about them. The guitar is actually for my brother as a gift for surviving an illness. My brother will be here this weekend and I'd love to be able to give him this guitar. According to the tracking number, the guitar has been sitting in CanadaCustoms since 1:25PM Pacific Time on Friday April 20, 2012, ever since it arrived in Canada. If I do NOT receive this guitar by Friday April 27 2012, CanadaCustoms will be to blame. I won't say what WILL happen as a result of this delay, but if you work for CandaCustoms ANYWHERE in Canada, you will pay somehow. That ain't a threat, it's a direct promise. Bunch of lazy government employees. Par for the course in Canada, is that a large percent of the cushy high paying Canadian Federal Jobs are had by just arrived immigrants from Pakistan, Africa and Europe. You'd think a true BORN IN CANADA person would have first bids on these incredibly lucrative dog reamin' government jobs. Maybe if a Canadian was actually WORKING there at CanadaCustoms, the job would get done right. Why does my American made product bought from an American in America by a Canadian take longer to arrive in Canada than in Australia? I'm not happy one bit about CanadaCustoms ********. If I don't get this guitar by Friday May 4 2012, the $58,000 per year they get for...whatever at CanadaCustoms won't nearly be enough. I AM EXTREMELY PISSED. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/images/i ... vil-16.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2717 posts
321 upvotes
Ontario GTA
zeezee420 wrote: I ordered a guitar from the USA on eBay on Monday April 16, 2012. It was sent by the seller USPS International Priority Shipping. While it was in the USA, it moved quickly and efficiently and got to Canada Customs in Vancouver BC by Friday April 20th, 2012. All was just great UNTIL it arrived in CanadaCustoms. The seller told me he had sent many guitars to Canada without any problems. The feedback from other customers of this seller NEVER had a bad thing to say about them. The guitar is actually for my brother as a gift for surviving an illness. My brother will be here this weekend and I'd love to be able to give him this guitar. According to the tracking number, the guitar has been sitting in CanadaCustoms since 1:25PM Pacific Time on Friday April 20, 2012, ever since it arrived in Canada. If I do NOT receive this guitar by Friday April 27 2012, CanadaCustoms will be to blame. I won't say what WILL happen as a result of this delay, but if you work for CandaCustoms ANYWHERE in Canada, you will pay somehow. That ain't a threat, it's a direct promise. Bunch of lazy government employees. Par for the course in Canada, is that a large percent of the cushy high paying Canadian Federal Jobs are had by just arrived immigrants from Pakistan, Africa and Europe. You'd think a true BORN IN CANADA person would have first bids on these incredibly lucrative dog reamin' government jobs. Maybe if a Canadian was actually WORKING there at CanadaCustoms, the job would get done right. Why does my American made product bought from an American in America by a Canadian take longer to arrive in Canada than in Australia? I'm not happy one bit about CanadaCustoms ********. If I don't get this guitar by Friday May 4 2012, the $58,000 per year they get for...whatever at CanadaCustoms won't nearly be enough. I AM EXTREMELY PISSED. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/images/i ... vil-16.png

why would you dig up an old thread just to rant about canada customs? especially since it's not really related to the OP?
Jan 9, 2011
334 posts
154 upvotes
Montreal, QC
So which is it, April 27th or May 4th?

They'll be waiting.

Bring friends. Lots of friends.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6317 posts
979 upvotes
zeezee420 wrote: I ordered a guitar from the USA on eBay on Monday April 16, 2012. ........... I AM EXTREMELY PISSED.
If this item was so important then you should have allowed extra time for the uncertainty of customs clearance and ordered it SOONER. Failure to get it in time is TOTALLY YOUR FAULT. Customs makes no promise whatsoever as to how long it will take to clear items and so there is nothing whatsoever that you can fault them on. You should have taken that into account. Apologize to your brother for your negligence which resulted in the guitar not arriving in time..
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3434 posts
1153 upvotes

LOL
The RCMP will be breaking down your door any minute now
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1755 posts
442 upvotes

How is this related to the OP?