[Canada Post] YMMV? One free parcel shipping with Canada Post

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2018 1:46 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3122 posts
1802 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I hate Canada Post and I always avoid if possible. They always deliver my packages to the wrong house.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Mar 11, 2004
726 posts
409 upvotes
Quebec City
Doesn't work here either.
Aug 3, 2011
890 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 8:39 pm
I hate Canada Post and I always avoid if possible. They always deliver my packages to the wrong house.
You got me started on a small rant. I have a bad bad bad mailman in my area and my parcels are going missing. Happened thrice already.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11330 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
Perhaps you have to have a business account?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3122 posts
1802 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
ritz1010 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 9:04 pm
You got me started on a small rant. I have a bad bad bad mailman in my area and my parcels are going missing. Happened thrice already.
And the stupid thing is they admit no wrongdoing and won't do anything about it. Our whole neighborhood probably complained but nope, nothing can be done.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Apr 8, 2017
486 posts
303 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Hugh Jass wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 9:06 pm
Perhaps you have to have a business account?
Got a small business account. Not working :/
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Aug 24, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
Unable to get this code to work. Was there any specific requirements for use?
Aug 26, 2008
292 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 8:39 pm
I'm equally pissed with ups that delivers only during business hours (no safe drop), makes only two tries, then stores the parcel at god forgotten location near international airport. And returns it to sender after 5 days.
Apr 15, 2004
674 posts
120 upvotes
vkrasov wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 5:46 am
I'm equally pissed with ups that delivers only during business hours (no safe drop), makes only two tries, then stores the parcel at god forgotten location near international airport. And returns it to sender after 5 days.
I believe you can authorize UPS to safe drop, by submitting a form either by paper or online (can't remember which). Same goes for FedEx and Purolator. I've personally not had issues with UPS safe dropping after simply talking to the driver.
Dec 27, 2012
107 posts
34 upvotes
Bowmanville
I phoned customer service last night and the rep said that he had already received multiple calls from people having problems getting it to work, but the manager was the only person who could deal with it and that they wouldn't be in until Monday.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6286 posts
746 upvotes
Toronto
davidj8580 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:40 am
I phoned customer service last night and the rep said that he had already received multiple calls from people having problems getting it to work, but the manager was the only person who could deal with it and that they wouldn't be in until Monday.
Hilarious that a billion-dollar corporation has only one staff person who can fix a minor system failure. What if he/she goes on a two-week vacation?
Last edited by Inno on Aug 26th, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 3, 2011
890 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 9:09 pm
And the stupid thing is they admit no wrongdoing and won't do anything about it. Our whole neighborhood probably complained but nope, nothing can be done.
Cause they are unionized aka no one can touch them. Every time my parcel went missing calling Canada post has been a big PITA. One hour of wait only to hear that the receiver cannot lodge a trace on the missing parcel. Contact sender and they will do the needful. In my last case the sender was from US, so I call sender, sender calls USPS, usps calls Canada post and the results go back the reverse order. And who’s is suffering in all this.....the poor receiver, who paid in full for the time, paid for shipping and calling/running post to pillar.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1259 posts
1669 upvotes
Ottawa
The Canada Post website has been down since 11pm ET last night. Looks like their programmers don't work weekends.
Apr 8, 2017
486 posts
303 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Guess i'm playing the waiting game. Got a return to make, and if I don't have to pay for it, I won't! :P
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?