Expired Hot Deals

[Canadaluggagedepot] Briggs & Riley Kinzie Street Small Wide-Mouth Backpack (RFID Blocking) $139.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 4:58 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 23, 2010
54 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Briggs & Riley Kinzie Street Small Wide-Mouth Backpack (RFID Blocking) $139.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$139.99
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Canadaluggagedepot
I was looking for a school bag for my kid and noticed this backpack is currently 50% off.

I hope it helps someone needs a small backpack. :)
Images
  • 66F9A827-6760-407B-AD03-A714DC2AB624.jpeg
  • 8F5F7391-C6DD-43E5-A5C4-293C36855BEF.jpeg
Thread Summary
Here is the details of spec.
For the inspired minimalist. Still large enough to hold a day's worth of ideas and essentials, but small and light enough to not slow you down. This Small Wide-mouth Backpack is the favorite of the on-the-go urban maverick living a non-stop lifestyle.

Interior Features:

Unique top u-shaped opening offers quick and easy access to main compartment
Unique rigid wire frame easily forms a wide opening, providing ultimate accessibility and making it easier to pack or to search for contents
Cavernous main compartment holds clothing and bulky or odd-shaped items
Textured, herringbone polyester lining is durable and soft; fully lined interior treats items gently; light color makes finding contents easy
Generously padded tablet slip pocket with screen-protective felt lining fits most tablets and e-readers in or out of their cases
RFID blocking pocket for credit cards, passports and wallets protects personal data from digital pickpockets
Genuine top-grain leather pen loops for writing implements of any size; removable knurled hardware key keeper (included in Welcome Kit) can be hung from loops
Genuine top-grain leather tab with clasp closure to securely hold a range of small items such as cords, earbuds and USB drives
Exterior Features:

Proprietary Tartex™ is a unique, embossed, coated polyester that provides durability and moisture resistance
Luxurious genuine top-grain leather touch points and accents
Rolled, genuine top-grain leather carry handles for a comfortable grip and easy carrying
Self-repairing YKK® RC zippers for smooth zipper action
Knurled hardware and zipper pulls offer an industrial feel and modern aesthetic
Main compartment zipper pulls can be used with a cable lock to keep contents secure
Adjustable padded neoprene backpack straps
Aerated mesh back padding allows air to circulate against body, keeping back cool while generously padded back panel adds lumbar support
Slip-through back panel allows bag to slide over any Briggs & Riley Outsider® handle for fast, convenient travel
SpeedThru™ pocket for quick storage of items at security checkpoints; orange lining makes finding contents easier and alerts user if pocket is open; inside pen loops and small slip pocket for additional organization
Hidden RFID blocking security pocket on back panel for credit cards, passports and wallets protects personal data from digital pickpockets
Two side PVC-lined slip pockets are ideal for storing a water bottle or umbrella; protective coating ensures that interior of bag is protected from water and moisture
Specs:

Zipper: Self-repairing YKK® RC zippers for smooth zipper action
Fabric: Proprietary Tartex™ is a unique, embossed, coated polyester that provides durability and moisture resistance
Capacity: 823.8 cubic in./13.5 L
Case Dimensions: 15" x 10" x 7" / 38 x 25.5 x 18 cm
Weight: 0.7 kgs / 1.5 lbs.
Warranty:

Simple as that® lifetime warranty—same as all Briggs & Riley bags
15 replies
Sr. Member
Apr 6, 2017
820 posts
1294 upvotes
High quality products. Blows away Tumi.
Member
Mar 9, 2016
211 posts
107 upvotes
Wish it was a bit bigger to fit a 15 inch laptop with case. Looks a really well designed backpack for work and play
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
4847 posts
2151 upvotes
Markham
tfong010 wrote: High quality products. Blows away Tumi.
Totally agree with this, amazing warranty to boot
Sr. Member
May 17, 2007
586 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
tfong010 wrote: High quality products. Blows away Tumi.
Best luggage brand ever. For Tumi, you're buying it because it's expensive and that's about it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15890 posts
8772 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
evoviii wrote: Totally agree with this, amazing warranty to boot
I would say that the best thing about anything from Briggs and Riley is the warranty as they actually stand behind the product with free repairs for life without the need of a proof of purchase or any talk about who damaged what. In other words, it may be the last piece of that type of luggage you will buy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
4847 posts
2151 upvotes
Markham
craftsman wrote: I would say that the best thing about anything from Briggs and Riley is the warranty as they actually stand behind the product with free repairs for life without the need of a proof of purchase or any talk about who damaged what. In other words, it may be the last piece of that type of luggage you will buy.
I would say it's built into the price but obviously they have to make it well enough so you don't need to send for warranty service. Definitely geared towards business/frequent travelers.


Grey is sold out already
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15890 posts
8772 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
evoviii wrote: I would say it's built into the price but obviously they have to make it well enough so you don't need to send for warranty service. Definitely geared towards business/frequent travelers.
For the occasional user, yes it is. But you can say the same for any high priced luggage... unfortunately, very few of those companies actually stand behind their products as well as Briggs and Riley.

For the heavy user, no it's not. I recently had a 25+ year old 24" luggage replaced (with a demo) by Briggs and Riley as it was no longer economical to repair. The replacement piece had a MSRP of $700 US. My level of use was so high that I probably bought the piece in for repair at least 10+ times over the years and each time everything was repaired without an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8570 posts
5408 upvotes
Kootenays
Would the RFID pocket create problems with airport security if you used it as a carry-on?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1093 posts
315 upvotes
Does the inside tablet pocket fit a Microsoft surface pro?
Sr. Member
Nov 25, 2016
543 posts
395 upvotes
Burnaby
craftsman wrote: For the occasional user, yes it is. But you can say the same for any high priced luggage... unfortunately, very few of those companies actually stand behind their products as well as Briggs and Riley.

For the heavy user, no it's not. I recently had a 25+ year old 24" luggage replaced (with a demo) by Briggs and Riley as it was no longer economical to repair. The replacement piece had a MSRP of $700 US. My level of use was so high that I probably bought the piece in for repair at least 10+ times over the years and each time everything was repaired without an issue.
Is the repair center same as their stores? Couldn't figure it out from the Briggs & Riley website. I really like the looks of the backpack an considering it but Canada luggage depot doesn't cover shipping for returns in case I don't like it, so a bit hesitant to get it. Also, grey wold have been better than Blue :D
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1093 posts
315 upvotes
nicermog wrote: Is the repair center same as their stores? Couldn't figure it out from the Briggs & Riley website. I really like the looks of the backpack an considering it but Canada luggage depot doesn't cover shipping for returns in case I don't like it, so a bit hesitant to get it. Also, grey wold have been better than Blue :D
Not as good of a deal but you get 4% back from Rakuten and a $30 credit. They have grey.
https://www.luggagepros.com/briggs-and- ... pack.shtml
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15890 posts
8772 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nicermog wrote: Is the repair center same as their stores? Couldn't figure it out from the Briggs & Riley website. I really like the looks of the backpack an considering it but Canada luggage depot doesn't cover shipping for returns in case I don't like it, so a bit hesitant to get it. Also, grey wold have been better than Blue :D
Not necessarily. Some of the repair centres are really just luggage repair centres that accept Briggs and Riley under warranty while others do a bit of both.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2016
14 posts
3 upvotes
Luggagepros is an american company and seems to only ship to the states when you add the item to your cart. The price listed of $186.75 is in American currency which would translate to $240.89 (not to mention customs and duties and shipping fees when you purchase from the states) so even with the $30 credit pretty expensive.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 23, 2010
54 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
nicermog wrote: Blue is OOS too now. Dead deal?
Navy is still available as of Dec 14th.

Top