Travel

Canadapost lost Indian Passport (March 20, 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2020 10:45 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10945 posts
7279 upvotes
GTA, ON
I wonder why the package wasn't just brought to the local post office. With Passport Canada, any passport that can't be delivered in hand is sent to the post office for pick-up. Does the Indian embassy / consulate not request the same? You would think an important document like that would have instructions not to drop.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Sep 19, 2004
599 posts
232 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I wonder why the package wasn't just brought to the local post office. With Passport Canada, any passport that can't be delivered in hand is sent to the post office for pick-up. Does the Indian embassy / consulate not request the same? You would think an important document like that would have instructions not to drop.
Passport sent from Ottawa does require signature, however due to the pandemic it’s lifted, we don’t obtain signatures and we can just deliver it. For some foreign embassies, they don’t even ask for the signature service.

But for me, when I have a passport to deliver, I always put it in the mailbox or card it. This is a very important document, I always treat it seriously. Sadly it all depends on who is doing the job.

Looks like op is living in a apartment, where the envelope can easily fit the mailbox, only possible to lose it is either carrier put in someone’s mailbox this is likely or roommate cleared the mailbox but throw it away especially when the mailbox was full of flyers. But I doubt it.
[OP]
Apr 14, 2020
5 posts
Any one who applied for new Indian Passport recently?????????????????
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3105 posts
398 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I know this doesn't help but avoid CP for now..stick with Purolator/Fedex/UPS
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6842 posts
1286 upvotes
Scarborough
DeepikaG wrote: Any one who applied for new Indian Passport recently?????????????????
Sorry no idea. Hope you can get help from the indian consulate. Also notify cic-ottawa about your situation by email or web