Shopping Discussion

Canadapost shipping to the USA - actual delay experiences?

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 11:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1631 posts
1216 upvotes

Canadapost shipping to the USA - actual delay experiences?

Hi am asking on this forum for actual experiences, as I can not get thru to Canadapost over the phone, while I get no response thru their facebook / web ticket services :(

Has anyone here shipped any parcels to the US within the past month via Canadapost? If so can you tell me if it was via expedited or xpresspost, and how many days extra it took for the recipient to receive the package passed the estimated timeframe?

I was considering Xpresspost even though it is much costlier, but read on the CP website that the on time guarantee will not be honoured, so I'm wondering how late expedited deliveries to the US are arriving?
Always hungry ;)
10 replies
Jan 7, 2006
426 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I was wondering the same thing about incoming shipments.
Oct 2, 2001
439 posts
37 upvotes
Mont-Tremblant
Paid for 4 days delivery, will take 7. Montréal to Virginia.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1631 posts
1216 upvotes
stooker wrote: Paid for 4 days delivery, will take 7. Montréal to Virginia.
Was that expedited or xpresspost?

I went ahead and paid for xpresspost. It gave a guaranteed delivery date of friday. I will report back when it arrives to let anyone else wondering know.
Always hungry ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2144 posts
436 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I sent a package from Ancaster to Chicago, just paid whatever the cheapest rate was and it took 12 days, and I think the delays in the postal service were worse than they are now. But based on previous non-COVID time, this package arrived in about the same amount of time, so I have nothing to complain. However, had I mailed the same package from Buffalo it would have arrived in 2 days. Sending some more stuff out this week.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2982 posts
516 upvotes
Vancouver
Shipped with expedited USA at the beginning of May. The expected delivery day was supposed to be Wednesday but it ended up getting delayed till Saturday. The business I was shipping to wasn't open on Saturday so it ended up being delivered on the Monday.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1939 posts
932 upvotes
London
i shipped to the us using netparcel its cheaper using them then Canada post they get u a discounted ups shipping label. even with ups packages are 1 working days behind what it normally takes not even ups fault its us customs they seem to hold packages now at least 24 hours before clearing them though.

Canada post service though this whole time has been awful i had a package from b.c to Ontario that took over 3 weeks to show up with little to no scans.

ups/fedex at most have been a day maybe two behind. but canada post are weeks behind purolator they seem to get the package to the detestation city on time but then the driver will load the package on the truck 3 or 4 days in a row without showing up.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1931 posts
1383 upvotes
Montreal
aaron158 wrote: i shipped to the us using netparcel its cheaper using them then Canada post they get u a discounted ups shipping label. even with ups packages are 1 working days behind what it normally takes not even ups fault its us customs they seem to hold packages now at least 24 hours before clearing them though.

Canada post service though this whole time has been awful i had a package from b.c to Ontario that took over 3 weeks to show up with little to no scans.

ups/fedex at most have been a day maybe two behind. but canada post are weeks behind purolator they seem to get the package to the detestation city on time but then the driver will load the package on the truck 3 or 4 days in a row without showing up.
If your UPS package has to go at the Concord plant in Ontario, you should expect delays (3 days +)
FS Ridgid 3D Tool or Battery Bracket
ridgid-battery-tool-3d-bracket-holder-2385643/
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1939 posts
932 upvotes
London
SquadG wrote: If your UPS package has to go at the Concord plant in Ontario, you should expect delays (3 days +)
all my packages i've sent in the past month go though that stop before going to Detroit there in and out within hours once they get to Detroit ups transferred it to us customs warehouse were it sits for 24 hours before being handed back to ups.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5380 posts
4050 upvotes
I have no experience going south. My last shipment to US is pre-COVID.

Coming up on the other hand it was 4 days on one package and 3 weeks now on another and it has not arrived.