Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24374 posts
33376 upvotes
Toronto

Canada's 10 worst-selling vehicles in 2020's first six months: COVID Edition

Canada's 10 worst-selling vehicles in 2020's first six months: COVID Edition

https://driving.ca/jeep/features/featur ... id-edition

I live in downtown Toronto, haven't spotted one VW Arteon yet. Exclusivity !
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2354 posts
3073 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Auto sales in general were down over 50% in the first 6 months of 2020, so a model or 2 being down means nothing particularity f they were not popular to begin with.
https://business.inquirer.net/302537/ve ... t-6-months
If the averages sales are down 45% put particular models are down 85% or down 15% - then that does mean something quite particular with respect to a change in relative popularity. Unfortunately, this comparison was looking at overall worst sellers not worst change in sales.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1041 posts
800 upvotes
I wonder what kind of deal can be snagged on a new Toyota Avalon considering they only sold 91..

Wouldn't dealers be desperate to get rid of stock? Perhaps there was little to no available stock to begin with.. anyone know?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15507 posts
10148 upvotes
Toronto
1theguy1 wrote: I wonder what kind of deal can be snagged on a new Toyota Avalon considering they only sold 91..

Wouldn't dealers be desperate to get rid of stock? Perhaps there was little to no available stock to begin with.. anyone know?
Hard to say but I'd rather say no, dealers are probably not desperate to move vehicles, even low volume movers. I think it's just myth that stock plays a role in the ability to gain a good deal on a purchase. You just really need to do your homework and play hardball with all dealers that have stock.

That's my 2 cents.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1068 posts
1183 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote: I wonder what kind of deal can be snagged on a new Toyota Avalon considering they only sold 91..

sprung wrote: Canada's 10 worst-selling vehicles in 2020's first six months: COVID Edition

https://driving.ca/jeep/features/featur ... id-edition

I live in downtown Toronto, haven't spotted one VW Arteon yet. Exclusivity !
Most of those vehicles on the bottom 10 list were already low volume sellers pre-covid, not surprising they would sell even worse now. Who tf is going to touch a Fiat 500 LOL

FWIW I love the Arteon design and would consider purchasing at some point in time, but if I'm spending $50k+, I'd rather pony up a few grand more and get a base Audi A5 sportback.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1068 posts
1183 upvotes
koffey wrote: Hard to say but I'd rather say no, dealers are probably not desperate to move vehicles, even low volume movers. I think it's just myth that stock plays a role in the ability to gain a good deal on a purchase. You just really need to do your homework and play hardball with all dealers that have stock.

That's my 2 cents.
Agreed, assembly lines have been closed/operating at minimal capacity for the past few months. No new inventory coming in, no need to firesale existing inventory. There are good deals out there whether low vs high volume make/models, but need to do your homework before engaging with dealers.