[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1927 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Canada's Largest Indoor Home Improvement Center to Open June 25th in Vaughan

http://www.improvecanada.com/stores

Rejoice homeowners! No more driving around to visit various vendors or contractors and see/compare everything under one roof!

About improve
This 320,000 sq.ft. building is strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area (Vaughan). Improve is a permanent, one-stop home improvement centre, dedicated to providing both consumers and the trades with approximately 400 construction and design related businesses, all under one roof. Improve will provide the quality of an international selection and the choice of dozens of categories of home improvement products.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7702 64 Core & Dual 3950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
16 replies
Jul 11, 2009
655 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
what's strategic about its location? convenient for people who are in Vaughan?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4142 posts
971 upvotes
so it's basically a home show that's going to be open every day?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1198 posts
299 upvotes
Vaughan
assuming it's free to check out? if it is, sounds great to me since I live in Vaughan!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20136 posts
7433 upvotes
Socially Distanced
JimU wrote: what's strategic about its location?
i think thats code words for cheapest to rent
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5092 upvotes
ON
Keele and Steele's, not really Vaughan , I guess Concord doesn't sound prestigious enough ?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16942 posts
1787 upvotes
Thornhill
Now that's a weird thing to have running all year round.

I thought it was going to be a massive Lowes or something.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1927 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JimU wrote: what's strategic about its location? convenient for people who are in Vaughan?
No idea - just copying pasting their website :D
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7702 64 Core & Dual 3950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1927 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nx6288 wrote: so it's basically a home show that's going to be open every day?
Judging from the facebook page, you can actually see more "finished product" of various contractors instead of the temporary setup in home shows.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1472 posts
571 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
They were advertising on CP24 for awhile. But I haven't seen their commercials in a long while.
Feb 17, 2004
765 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Their original commercials on CP24 were so amateurish, it was painful to watch. They spent all that money building the place but couldn't spend the money to market the place properly.
Jan 3, 2005
704 posts
107 upvotes
This place is too large to survive for long I think. Plenty of Lowes/HD's, etc around where the same stuff can be had.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4593 posts
1075 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'd probably check them out initially.

I'm hoping there won't be sales hounds pushing their stuff.

It would be nice if this makes it easier to haggle.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7504 posts
754 upvotes
Toronto
They came to us, desperate for us to buy into a location (high pressure style). Yes, I said BUY. They weren't offering leasing, though obviously that's changed now since nobody was buying in. This was probably 3-4 years ago now. It's been under construction for a long time. I don't expect it to last.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20136 posts
7433 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Drew_W wrote: They came to us, desperate for us to buy into a location (high pressure style). Yes, I said BUY. They weren't offering leasing, though obviously that's changed now since nobody was buying in. This was probably 3-4 years ago now. It's been under construction for a long time. I don't expect it to last.
You should have asked for a ridiculous price, like $1 a year :D
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29203 posts
14964 upvotes
Toronto
... at least you can find these contractors in that one place now ... should the completed jobs are not to the homeowners' satisfaction. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7504 posts
754 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: ... at least you can find these contractors in that one place now ... should the completed jobs are not to the homeowners' satisfaction. :)
Yes but you forget that these showrooms must be tended to, have a cost to maintain (and to keep updating with current trends), and all of these have to be paid by client projects. This overhead drives pricing up and makes being competitive more difficult. Smart contractors for non-decor type items have ways of showing you jobs. GCs should have good enough relationships with past clients to have prospective clients (serious and vetted ones in a final decision process) tour completed jobs. This happens a lot for mega bucks jobs. These guys are NEVER going to sit around in a home improvement showroom and wait for business. You're hunting, not fishing.