Apr 16, 2002
24384 posts
33393 upvotes
Toronto

Canada's Wonderland - 2020 season pass includes 2021 now too

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/ticke ... son-passes

Expected to reopen this month with strict COVID measures

From Reddit:

Cedar Fair, and most other major theme parks, are running their parks(or planning to, in Wonderlands case) at about 25% capacity. For Wonderland that's about 15k people, at peak they see over 60,000 in the park at once. In addition masks will be mandatory for all guests everywhere including on rides(except for "rest zones" which have more strict distancing than the rest of the park). Distancing markers will be all over the park including in the lines, and guests will be distanced on rides(which means coasters are being sent half full at most, usually less). On top of that they'll be doing extra cleaning and sanitizing and have added hand sanitizing stations all over the park.

I don't know what the regulations are or will be, but this is what Cedar Fair, Disney, and Universal have all done regardless of where the parks are located or whether they're required to have such strict precautions in place or not. They're doing more than most businesses in that regard, honestly.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
32 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20036 posts
5749 upvotes
Scarberia
Won't ur masks just flyoff during the rides Face With Tears Of Joy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3189 posts
868 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Oh hell no
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8004 posts
2339 upvotes
Toronto
Plus Free Ncovid-19. Lol
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10255 posts
3761 upvotes
Meh, not sure how this is going to work, and to be honest, at this point I don't care. Sounds like a pain in the anus
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14567 posts
31388 upvotes
25% capacity , how are they going to make any money with added costs and lower attendance ?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
Maybe Cedar Fair or Wonderland should take a cue from Japan Face With Tears Of Joy

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/japa ... index.html
Thrill seekers in Japan will soon get to enjoy their favorite roller coasters again now that amusement parks around the country are reopening.
But there's one request they might struggle with: No screaming.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
lineups in hot sun wearing a mask.....They'd have to pay me to go
Dec 23, 2009
59 posts
47 upvotes
The lines outside to get in the park will go to Vaughan Mills - this is crazy.

Imagine waking up your kids at 5am to go wait in like for 2.5 hours for the park to open and hope you get in as part of the fisrt batch. Otherwise you keep waiting another 2-4 hours.

On the flip-side some entrepreneurs may see an opportunity to suit up with masks, water and other supplies and sell to these massive lines becuase they will be there all day.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2158 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
I don't go to Wonderland as I hate the environment for so many different reasons but have been keeping a close eye on things because I have two family members that go that decided last year to buy season passes with fast lane plus with the dining plan which wasn't cheap.

Near enough 99.9% sure that there will be a mandatory mask policy which is putting them off as I can't find the words to describe how bad that will be in the heat. Nevermind the issues of wearing them on the rides.

I just hope they can use those passes next year with no restrictions as I can't see Wonderland extending it to 2022.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
cardle wrote: I don't go to Wonderland as I hate the environment for so many different reasons but have been keeping a close eye on things because I have two family members that go that decided last year to buy season passes with fast lane plus with the dining plan which wasn't cheap.

Near enough 99.9% sure that there will be a mandatory mask policy which is putting them off as I can't find the words to describe how bad that will be in the heat. Nevermind the issues of wearing them on the rides.

I just hope they can use those passes next year with no restrictions as I can't see Wonderland extending it to 2022.
I am a season pass holder and received an email saying that my pass is good for the remainder of this year when it reopens as well as all of next season.

Anyhow, no plans currently to go this year, that’s for sure.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2158 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
HDawg wrote: I am a season pass holder and received an email saying that my pass is good for the remainder of this year when it reopens as well as all of next season.

Anyhow, no plans currently to go this year, that’s for sure.
Yes, but the issue is will everything be back to normal in April? If there are still restrictions next year, then they probably won't go then.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5045 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
If someone sneezes in the front of the coaster then everyone in the back gets free covid... good deal Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2255 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto West
What is the deal here? I dont mean that in a rude way, I really mean what do you gain?

Isnt is common that wonderland end of year does, buy next years season pass and you can come this year for free? So its a gain of what 2 Months during Covid?
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1453 posts
470 upvotes
GTA
urbantroll wrote: The lines outside to get in the park will go to Vaughan Mills - this is crazy.

Imagine waking up your kids at 5am to go wait in like for 2.5 hours for the park to open and hope you get in as part of the fisrt batch. Otherwise you keep waiting another 2-4 hours.
Other cedar fair parks are requiring people to "reserve" their attendance online in advance before getting int the park. This would stop the huge lineups and uncertainty about getting in to the park. Hopefully wonderland does the same.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2556 posts
789 upvotes
Vaughan
I love Wonderland and hope they are able to financially make it through this rough period. It would be a huge loss to so many people if this place closed down.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4228 posts
4586 upvotes
Whitby
Wt AF. This is a joke right.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4228 posts
4586 upvotes
Whitby
Halloween Haunt early this year I see. Face With Medical Mask