Canadian Citizen - Returning after TN - Business Systems Analyst
I have ~5 years of experience working as an IT - Business Systems Analyst in the US. Due to CoVID-19, I was let go from my position, along with 3 other teammates of mine. Due to how the TN visa is structured, I had to leave everything, including loved ones, materials, and possessions, and move back to Canada within 60 days. The materials and posessions are salient, but being forced out of the US due to the CoVID-19 situation was the most difficult part, apart from having to leave family behind.
1. Went to High School in the US
2. Went to college in the US (Bachelor's in Finance, Minor in Management Information Systems)
3. Subsequently, after degree, began working as Business Systems Analyst
4. Began a Master's program (MBA - concentration in Project Management), taking a year break from working to complete my Master's
5. Completed Master's and began working again as a Business Systems Analyst for 2 consecutive years for the same company
6. Laid off due to CoVID and returned back home to Canada.
I have experience in a multitude of projects, from:
- ERP implementations/upgradations/support
- Focus on Payables, GL, Receivables modules
- Human Resource Information Systems (Automating Onboarding of new internal hires, Offboarding existing employees, Transitions within departments)
- Web App projects
- Report Generation using SQL/Oracle/Power BI/MS SQL/Others
- API fields requirements gathering
- Sales Commissions - Automated process to calculate commissions
- Creation and presentation of Summary and reports to reduce charges caused by Data Delay and other Performance Metrics failing (Telecom Industry)
It seems in Canada, most of the jobs revolve around Domain knowledge. However, with my background, I believe I am well suited to learn the intricacises and would be quickly adaptable to the Role, if hired. The problem seems to be getting my foot in the door! Any suggestions, advice, networking?
Thanks in advance,
Caeteris paribus, great to be back home in Canada!