Canadian Direct Financial - Unable to Direct Deposit

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2012 10:02 am
[OP]
Nov 15, 2012
13 posts
8 upvotes

Canadian Direct Financial - Unable to Direct Deposit

So I have a Savings account at Canadian Direct Financial. I tried to setup my job payroll to direct deposit my pay into this account, but the payroll department is telling me their software is rejecting the account number. I tried to setup my CRA tax refunds/rebates to direct deposit into this account, but the online site (CRA MyAccount) is also rejecting the account number.

I have confirmed the account number with both CDF and the company I work for. There were no typos.

Anyone have/had similar problems with their CDF Savings account? Any solutions?
1 reply
Oct 8, 2010
174 posts
33 upvotes
yeahmike wrote: So I have a Savings account at Canadian Direct Financial. I tried to setup my job payroll to direct deposit my pay into this account, but the payroll department is telling me their software is rejecting the account number. I tried to setup my CRA tax refunds/rebates to direct deposit into this account, but the online site (CRA MyAccount) is also rejecting the account number.

I have confirmed the account number with both CDF and the company I work for. There were no typos.

Anyone have/had similar problems with their CDF Savings account? Any solutions?
IIRC, for CDF savings accounts, one has to add "880" before the number CDF gave you to make it your account number for use by external institutions to deposit or withdraw funds. Bank# is: 030, Transit#: 03909. If you have already done that, please ignore my post. If you have not, I suggest you call CDF about this.

Disclosure : I don't have any account with CDF.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)