• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 11:57 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2011
10 posts
3 upvotes
VICTORIA

canadian index etfs

i've seen a post mentioning a reference to a list of "award winning" index etfs before but can't track it down. can anyone enlighten me on some of the more go-to products for canadian index etfs?
5 replies
[OP]
Jul 13, 2011
10 posts
3 upvotes
VICTORIA
sorry just answering my own question here i guess... Vanguard, BlackRock (iShares) and BMO seem like the go-to's here in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3997 posts
1662 upvotes
Quebec
i dont suggest you anything, but i can say to you what are the etf i have invested in. they are in red right now in my portfolio...just so you know.

1 XUS
2 XIU
3 XIC
4 XAW
5 XUU
6 XQQ
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4352 posts
2756 upvotes
rocketboy2000 wrote: i've seen a post mentioning a reference to a list of "award winning" index etfs before but can't track it down. can anyone enlighten me on some of the more go-to products for canadian index etfs?
Having watched the TD e-Series index funds since they were first released in 1999 and then actually buying them just over a decade later, it was kind of hard to adjust my thinking on slice and dicing a few funds to actually having one ETF do it all for me, re-balancing and all. For this year, I actually switched to a "one-fund solution" ETF for the registered accounts, much like in Couch Potato's Model Portfolio choices except instead of Vanguard or iShares, I took BMO. Super simple.

https://canadiancouchpotato.com/model-portfolios/