116 posts
38 upvotes
Markham

Canadian International Auto show discounted tickets $15

Price:
Savings:
35%
Not sure if its hot or warm.

Just found out Nextmod has Autoshow tickets for $15. When i picked it up, they told me they still have about 300 tickets left. Its good for any time during the show and its 1 time use.

Picked 2 up at the Markham location for $30+t. But i think its $30 flat if you pay with cash.

$20.70 + taxes at the door
http://www.autoshow.ca/cias2015_v6/tickets.htm

$33.90 at Nextmod or I think $30 flat if you pay with cash
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/nyzb0y.jpg[/IMG]

290 York Tech Drive Unit 27, Markham, ON L6G 0A7
(416) 800-9139

And i think their Mississauga location has it too but not sure how many.

unit#1 - 776 Dundas Street East
Mississauga, Ontario
(905) 566-4888
145 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1007 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone working in buildings with Eservus, I just purchased 2 tickets including tax and fees for $32.42 for two or $16.21 each.
Aug 1, 2009
71 posts
6 upvotes
silverferrari wrote: For anyone working in buildings with Eservus, I just purchased 2 tickets including tax and fees for $32.42 for two or $16.21 each.
i did the same thing...and the convenience of free delivery...
Aug 1, 2009
71 posts
6 upvotes
axelasp23 wrote: Not sure if its hot or warm.

Just found out Nextmod has Autoshow tickets for $15. When i picked it up, they told me they still have about 300 tickets left. Its good for any time during the show and its 1 time use.

Picked 2 up at the Markham location for $30+t. But i think its $30 flat if you pay with cash.

$20.70 + taxes at the door
http://www.autoshow.ca/cias2015_v6/tickets.htm

$33.90 at Nextmod or I think $30 flat if you pay with cash
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/nyzb0y.jpg[/IMG]

290 York Tech Drive Unit 27, Markham, ON L6G 0A7
(416) 800-9139

And i think their Mississauga location has it too but not sure how many.

unit#1 - 776 Dundas Street East
Mississauga, Ontario
(905) 566-4888
thanks OP...i miss the 2 day pass for 30 dollars they had - you could split the ticket with someone else and have it 15 dollars per person.
Sep 30, 2010
440 posts
157 upvotes
Markham
Premium wrote: Can someone confirm if this is $30 taxed in if paid with cash? My phone going through updates, cant call :(
CONFIRMED!

They are $15 each if cash, only charged tax if using credit card.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
Serious question, what do you guys really do there that you cant do at a car dealer for free?

Its been a while since i went, unless things have changed?
Life is short make it long
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3322 posts
387 upvotes
Mississauga
darkmagician wrote: Serious question, what do you guys really do there that you cant do at a car dealer for free?

visiting 20+ dealerships in the GTA vs. visiting 1 location with 20+ brands
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
108 upvotes
Vaughan, On
I thought these shows are free to admit.... who in their right minds would want to pay to view some cars that you probably won't own?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6001 posts
1135 upvotes
darkmagician wrote: Serious question, what do you guys really do there that you cant do at a car dealer for free?

You get to touch (and sit in) the car without pushy sales people, especially those dealership you will never set foot in.

I went to the auto show last year after a 5 year break, I can say the place got smaller and the manufacturer got more frugal with brochures.

Back in the days, there were 3 venues - MTCC North, MTCC South and Skydome, now just MTCC South and some of MTCC North.
Jul 24, 2005
369 posts
486 upvotes
GTA
The Toronto AutoShow is a pure joke and not worth the money or even the time. They take a few cars park them on carpet and that is it. For what they charge to view this is absolutly mental.

If you have even been to a real show like Detroit (NAIAS) you will know what I mean with this comparison.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
At a dealer you can actually test drive the car you might want, plus incentives for going to test drive.

Only thing i might be interested in are McClaren or Ferrari at the show. I dont remember if they are even there and if you can touch them either.
Apr 28, 2014
120 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2kaccordcoupe wrote: The Toronto AutoShow is a pure joke and not worth the money or even the time. They take a few cars park them on carpet and that is it. For what they charge to view this is absolutly mental.

If you have even been to a real show like Detroit (NAIAS) you will know what I mean with this comparison.
Yeah, but we're not in Detroit unfortunately. It is what it is.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
Long time ago you could make deals with the dealership there and buy a vehicle at a remarkable price. Ya that was a longggggg time ago
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
yeah this place is pointless now...

its honestly worth it to just drive to detroit if you are actually serious about wanting to look at a few new models or whatever... they just drop some cars on the carpet, have some b-grade model girls stand around for the nerds, and the rest is i dont even know, maybe 5-10 nice cars tops? you wont see ANYTHING special at the toronto auto show. they dont even bring many concepts out at all, just new factory releases..
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
tomtomtom wrote: You get to touch (and sit in) the car without pushy sales people, especially those dealership you will never set foot in.

I went to the auto show last year after a 5 year break, I can say the place got smaller and the manufacturer got more frugal with brochures.

Back in the days, there were 3 venues - MTCC North, MTCC South and Skydome, now just MTCC South and some of MTCC North.
+1

It is a good place to actually sit in all the cars I am considering, looking at the trunk space, window view and so on.
My wife is short, she keeps adjusting the seats and some vehicles fit her great, others not so much.
In the past, I have discarded some cars from my shortlist by visiting the autoshow. Test drove the final 2 and made my decision.
Do not want to go to 10 different dealers. Once drove a RDX, sales guy calls me every few months. Same with a Nissan Rogue, but that time I gave him email only.

Lets say you are considering a 3 row SUV. Makes perfect sense to see what is in the market first.
Also, if you really love cars and don't think of them as an appliance, I don't see why not. Its not big as before, and I don't go every year, but it's fun.
I see they have finally removed the 2-day ticket for $30. This was actually 2 separate tickets, which could be used on the same day, and thus an easy way for 2 people to get a cheaper rate.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
But your budget would dictate which car(s) you will buy. Do you really need to look at 10 different brands when you are budgeted to an amount? And also preference. If you looking for an american car, there arent that many brands. Honestly, if you need to go to the autoshow to narrow down which compact car you want to get, u should start with a used car.

Iono about other ppl, but when i buy a call i do most of my research online and narrow down to the 2-3 i want to get and go to the deal and test it.

Also there are many all-in-one dealerships that have 10+ brand in one location. Just as convenient

This should be for free. $15-$20 for max 2hr trail hike with nothing really to offer that you wont find online or at the dealership just doesnt sound right. If your single its an ok fee to pay, but for larger family dropping $100 is too much
Mar 7, 2008
99 posts
28 upvotes
for the past few years I used TD credit card to buy the tickets and always 15. We don't have this option this year?
Banned
Jan 27, 2015
172 posts
89 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
There are people who go there to bring their $300 SLR and take facebook pictures of themselves sitting in a Pontiac or next to a Ferrari.

Then there's the people who are in the market for a car. You have your side by side comparisons because all the major dealers are in one location. From a convenience perspective, it's worth spending ~$15 if you're looking to make a $20k+ purchase.

For the rest, it's an event, they look at the small section of classic cars, accessories, etc.
Banned
Jan 27, 2015
172 posts
89 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
darkmagician wrote:
Iono
You sir, just won this post. You wrote 12 paragraphs trying to beat your ideology into a grown man's head, because you are probably better than them, but you knocked it out of the park with "Iono".