• Jan 24th, 2019 6:08 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes

Canadian Protein too expensive?

So looking at their website, for a natural flavoured whey isolate, they want $45 a kg when at Costco, off the shelf, I can get the same isolate for $50 for TWO kgs? WTF?

And honestly, I would wager a bet that these companies (alomg with essentially all Canadian protein companies) are all the same. In fact, I know a few ARE the same "manufacturer" and they simply rebrand for different markets.
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
14 replies
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sibica wrote: So looking at their website, for a natural flavoured whey isolate, they want $45 a kg when at Costco, off the shelf, I can get the same isolate for $50 for TWO kgs? WTF?

And honestly, I would wager a bet that these companies (alomg with essentially all Canadian protein companies) are all the same. In fact, I know a few ARE the same "manufacturer" and they simply rebrand for different markets.
Just bought 5kg (11 lbs) from them for $119, great deal IMO, especially for the fact that their isolate is easily the best I've ever had. Makes me question everyone else's.

Are you talking about their all natural New Zealand. Here's a tip for everyone. Don't buy New Zealand whey unless the company can produce a COA, FYI, kaizen will not. I know the Canadian distributor for kaizen, and you'll be surprised to hear what he has to say about kaizen including the Costco stuff, lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
I'm not concerned about whether it's NZ grass fed since the point of GF beef is the fat profile, which is irrelevant for whey isolate.

My reason for choosing that Kaizen is the Stevia. Nothing more. And as I mentioned, all whey comes from a very small handful of processors, so as I said before, most protein from Canada comes from the same source, most of which are located in QC.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
proteinco has a better deal on right now for stevia sweetened isolate.
get 2 of the 5lb containers and then use code 10030 to get $30 off orders $150+. works out cheaper/ lb than canadian protein.
http://www.proteinco.ca/new-zealand-whe ... n-isolate/
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ShoNuff2 wrote: proteinco has a better deal on right now for stevia sweetened isolate.
get 2 of the 5lb containers and then use code 10030 to get $30 off orders $150+. works out cheaper/ lb than canadian protein.
http://www.proteinco.ca/new-zealand-whe ... n-isolate/
lol, good luck with those guys. I actually bought from them before and they admitted to me that it was "grass-fed so it can be considered New Zealand", lol who does that.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
Yeahbuddy wrote: lol, good luck with those guys. I actually bought from them before and they admitted to me that it was "grass-fed so it can be considered New Zealand", lol who does that.
if it's grass-fed who cares where it comes from? anyhow, the main thing for me is it's stevia sweetened without much of the other crap most flavoured protein powders come with.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ShoNuff2 wrote: if it's grass-fed who cares where it comes from? anyhow, the main thing for me is it's stevia sweetened without much of the other crap most flavoured protein powders come with.
Lol, you're joking right. So, if a company is that bold to lie about it being New Zealand what makes you think it's actually grass-fed. You can't be serious with your comment.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
Do you work for Canadian Protein? Or do you simply order from them yourself and now feel the need to defend your decision? No one here asked for your opinion on why you feel Canadian Protein is so great.

Canadian Protein is over priced. Period.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: if it's grass-fed who cares where it comes from? anyhow, the main thing for me is it's stevia sweetened without much of the other crap most flavoured protein powders come with.
Label looks good as does the flavour selection. Have you tried blueberry or maple? Any good?

Thanks man
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
Sibica wrote: Label looks good as does the flavour selection. Have you tried blueberry or maple? Any good?

Thanks man
i've only tried the vanilla. i enjoyed it. i find vanilla is a good base flavour that i can add other flavour combinations to.

edit: actually, i remember i tried the strawberry once. they had a great deal on shop.ca with a bunch of discounts. strawberry was the only flavour they had left. i wasn't a fan of that one.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: i've only tried the vanilla. i enjoyed it. i find vanilla is a good base flavour that i can add other flavour combinations to.

edit: actually, i remember i tried the strawberry once. they had a great deal on shop.ca with a bunch of discounts. strawberry was the only flavour they had left. i wasn't a fan of that one.
Cheers. True about vanilla and I hate strawberry as well.
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sibica wrote: Do you work for Canadian Protein? Or do you simply order from them yourself and now feel the need to defend your decision? No one here asked for your opinion on why you feel Canadian Protein is so great.

Canadian Protein is over priced. Period.
Lol, don't say I never said anything. If you remember back a company called "All the whey" from the States was cutting their products with stuff and got caught. Well, low and behold, ya do a little digging and you find out that good ol' proteinco is the same company. Good luck, bet ya it's not even stevia being used. Guys are shady obviously why my chargeback was granted cuz they couldn't prove otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
I just noticed they changed the pricing unit to kilograms. 2 months ago I purchased 5lbs at 49.99, now you get 2 kg for 49.99 which is around 4.4lbs. Been a fan of them since they first came out but can't stand shifty practices like this. Guess I need a new source for whey as they lost a long time customer.
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jarko wrote: I just noticed they changed the pricing unit to kilograms. 2 months ago I purchased 5lbs at 49.99, now you get 2 kg for 49.99 which is around 4.4lbs. Been a fan of them since they first came out but can't stand shifty practices like this. Guess I need a new source for whey as they lost a long time customer.
Just buy the 5kg. Cheaper than the 25lb boxes were per pound.
Dec 24, 2007
106 posts
66 upvotes
I'm very satisfied with their product, they are more expensive than Myprotein but I rather buy a Canadian product.
Don't blame me, blame my gender

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)