Canadian signup for Amazon.com Prime?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2021 7:38 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2018
26 posts
6 upvotes

Canadian signup for Amazon.com Prime?

Does anyone in Canada have Amazon.com prime membership? Wonder if that prime would give free shipping to Canada from Amazon.com? I have the Amazon.ca prime already but there are just way many product options on Amazon.com in the same product category...
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16129 posts
21055 upvotes
Toronto
m1xed0s wrote: Wonder if that prime would give free shipping to Canada from Amazon.com?
No, you do not get free shipping to Canada

Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... NVUDYCBG24

The following items are ineligible for Prime Shipping:
  • Items fulfilled by Amazon Marketplace sellers that aren't marked as Prime-eligible
  • Magazine subscriptions
  • Personalized gift cards
  • Any item that doesn't have a message indicating that it's eligible for Prime on its product page
  • Addresses in the US territories, possessions, and protectorates (other than Puerto Rico)
  • International destinations
  • Items with Scheduled Delivery
Destiny is all
[OP]
Jan 26, 2018
26 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks, that's clear. Also wonder is it even legal to subscribe to Amazon.com prime as a Canadian?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
m1xed0s wrote: Thanks, that's clear. Also wonder is it even legal to subscribe to Amazon.com prime as a Canadian?
It is pretty well the same thing. Prime Video is administered through the US site for both the US & Canada. Also the US site uses the same credentials & account I have in Canada (by phone number). I do not think they make a distinction between US & Canadian accounts in their system, only what you see on each site.
Last edited by lecale on Aug 28th, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 22, 2017
403 posts
269 upvotes
Unfortunately US prime doesn’t give free Canadian shipping on.com and vice versa.
No prime in any country Has free international shipping (in the past I’ve tried with.com,.ca,.co.jp and.co.uk primed or not you still pay for shippingConfused Face)
All accounts are universal, but entitlements like prime are not. (E.g. addresses says will automatically show up on.ca if you login with a.com account and vice versa and stuff of that nature but whether or not you have prime, prime video etc. are unique to each country even using the same account so you need to pay twice if you want prime in both countries.)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7342 posts
8018 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I've had multiple free prime trials on .com over the years.
lecale wrote: It is pretty well the same thing. Prime Video is administered through the US site for both the US & Canada. Also the US site uses the same credentials & account I have in Canada (by phone number). I do not think they make a distinction between US & Canadian accounts in their system, only what you see on each site.
I'm pretty sure your Amazon log-in credentials work on literally every available country's specific store. You'll be able to get onto .co.uk with no issues either.

It's only things like Prime that don't work in multiple countries, and I know if you permanently relocate you need to "transfer" stuff like Kindle purchases to your new country.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1333 posts
2067 upvotes
Saint John
Thanks, that's clear. Also wonder is it even legal to subscribe to Amazon.com prime as a Canadian?
It's legal but you will have much fewer benefits. Also, you will be billed in US currency. (Most credit cards charge foreign exchange fees)