Canadian Small caps and Penny stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2021 1:50 am
Tags:
None
Jul 25, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Lostwords wrote: been monitoring it. Saw them on some youtube video when they were 0.03 .. Still don't know enough about them to jump on it
I watched some YouTube interview and bought some at .006 and bought more at .11 two days ago. I am some profit now but not sure should keep holding.
Nov 30, 2015
314 posts
377 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
MN finally showing signs of life again. Up 40% on strong results from their investigations. I made some good profits trading it a few months back but then was left bag holding for a while when my stoploss didn't execute. I'm only up around 10% now.
Sep 28, 2006
761 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
GroverTime wrote: MN finally showing signs of life again. Up 40% on strong results from their investigations. I made some good profits trading it a few months back but then was left bag holding for a while when my stoploss didn't execute. I'm only up around 10% now.
I came across this company last night and I'm trying to figure out whether their idea of manganese will replace the colbolt in ev battery is even viable? I can't really come across any articles about the usage of manganese except from news release of this company. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Jan 5, 2015
160 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kkl1208 wrote: I came across this company last night and I'm trying to figure out whether their idea of manganese will replace the colbolt in ev battery is even viable? I can't really come across any articles about the usage of manganese except from news release of this company. Any feedback would be appreciated.
There's this blog that cites some graphs from UBS estimates but I can't find any direct links to their sources. It's also from 2019.
http://min-eng.blogspot.com/2019/07/is- ... nable.html

It does make sense though considering a lot of manganese is already being mined for steel production and other purposes. The demand increase from battery packs would be relatively tiny.

I don't have anything good to say about MN.V itself from what I've looked into previously
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9639 posts
1687 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: MEAT.CN Astonished Face

https://thedeepdive.ca/modern-meat-post ... -of-82144/

Modern Meat (CSE: MEAT) last night quietly filed its year end financial statements for the period ended August 31, 2020. The filings reveal that the company managed to generate revenues of $82,144 for the full fiscal year, of which $57,914 came from the fourth quarter. The company meanwhile managed to post a net loss of $5.2 million for the year, of which $4.7 million was attributable to the fourth quarter, largely due to listing expenses of $3.4 million.
Is this good or bad?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5859 posts
2924 upvotes
Vancouver
spike1128 wrote: Is this good or bad?
Company with market cap of 100m+ has annual revenue less than my annual income. I'll let you be the judge of that Winking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1876 posts
1698 upvotes
Toronto, ON
notenoughsleep wrote: Company with market cap of 100m+ has annual revenue less than my annual income. I'll let you be the judge of that Winking Face
Amazon famously lost money for its first 17 straight quarters as a public company, bleeding a combined $2.8 billion. Once Amazon did start making money, it made very little of it.
Jan 5, 2015
160 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wrestlemania wrote: Amazon famously lost money for its first 17 straight quarters as a public company, bleeding a combined $2.8 billion. Once Amazon did start making money, it made very little of it.
He's talking about revenues though. Amazon had a pretty reasonable price-to-sales ratio across the past two decades. They could have shifted into profitability sooner if they wanted to, but obviously everyone would rather see the resources continue to be put into growth
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9639 posts
1687 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Company with market cap of 100m+ has annual revenue less than my annual income. I'll let you be the judge of that Winking Face
Hahaha. Buying small cap is about taking huge risks. When the stock goes from 4 to 20, people will say they made an amazing investment call. This is what I hate when I talk to my real life colleagues and acquaintances. Everyone somehow become some sorta expert. These food stocks I not really invested to invest in the first place.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5859 posts
2924 upvotes
Vancouver
FML, I sold AT.TO a year ago at around $1.40, checked today and it's over $21 Crying Face
Jan 5, 2015
160 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GSI.V is in the 0.80's now if anyone still remembers this exists. Penny stock that acts like a bluechip just slowly moving with organic growth.

Averaged up to 10K shares to a 0.72 cost basis recently so this was a nice surprise. Depending on Q1 this week, I might average up with a few more grand while this thing still has 0% institutional ownership
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5859 posts
2924 upvotes
Vancouver
aronpm wrote: GSI.V is in the 0.80's now if anyone still remembers this exists. Penny stock that acts like a bluechip just slowly moving with organic growth.

Averaged up to 10K shares to a 0.72 cost basis recently so this was a nice surprise. Depending on Q1 this week, I might average up with a few more grand while this thing still has 0% institutional ownership
I'm holding 8500 shares at average cost of 0.71. Too bad I didn't add more during the private placement debacle.
Jul 28, 2019
19 posts
19 upvotes
I think Loop Insights ticker MTRX &
Datamatrex ticker DM are sure fire winners (at least I hope).

The news coming out from them is too good. Every other day, contract after contract and expansion.
I was worried they would have some crossover and be at each others throats, but seems they don't have overlap.

Datametrex is expanding AI Software in South Korea LOTTE (multinational) , SAMSUNG, US/ CAN Government, and killing it with selling Covid tests to Mining companies and Movie/ Tv sets.

Loop is partnering with so many companies in Canada / worldwide and focusing on the venue management/ live data analytics side.
Amazon preferred partner AWS, NTT (Japan but multinational), Telus, Your CBD Store (all locations), bdG Sports (Golf / NCAA). Many Canadian small caps too.

I think both are gonna go to the moon once financials are released. Not sure which one to bet on, halfers?
Can guess at the margins and revenue though on the press releases, its somewhat spelled out.
Images
  • dm lotte.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1544 posts
153 upvotes
badass wrote: Hey loopy1984

Any other penny stocks you can recommend?

Have made some wrong buys but stubborn and have held onto them:

This is what I currently own and would like your thoughts on them:

AXM - the best of them all, Thank you
CAF - this has been moving up

AAT - not much action but have gains
CNO - not much action but have gains
NPT- not much action but have gains
EHT - not much action but have gains
AIS -have been slowly climbing

PWM.V - no move
MOON - no move

NGZ - big loss
LEXI - big loss

KFG
FMG

Thank you.
Trying to exit AAT at 0.095 , yes I held it since first mentioned here Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat , talk about getting distracted with life ... JIM and ATT shares will follow me to my grave.
Jan 5, 2015
160 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GSI.V just hit the $1 milestone today. Actually it's over $1.10 already

This is so nice to hold, risk-reward continues to be great
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5859 posts
2924 upvotes
Vancouver
cfcbug wrote: Anyone here has QYOU.V? I believe it’s a 10 bagger potential. Please take a look and let me know what you think.
Did you end up buying? At $0.37 now
Jul 28, 2019
19 posts
19 upvotes
Datamatrex ticker DM. Made killing today, 66.67% up and that's before the Q4 results and other catalysts. Damn!