• Nov 27th, 2020 11:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1356 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
JonahMan01 wrote: You holding or selling? If holding what your PT?
I love KNR's story even before the COVID play. One of my larger positions and it will be a long term play

If Covid play works out later this week, I think $5-10 is in the realm of possibilities short term. Up from there when contracts are signed, which I'm expecting with their close contact and consistent mention of schools.

Long term, I'll probably always hold a position until the eventual buyout or becoming a dividend player like they've been selling for years.
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7315 posts
1875 upvotes
GTA
Sold SPOT @ .195 (avg .14) and half of my KNR position at 1.94 (avg 1.02).

Bought VST @ .52 and TBR @ .29.

Victory Square Technologies Reports a Record First Half 2020

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... -2020.html

EDIT: Took a few more VST near close at .49.
Last edited by izzyzz on Sep 1st, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54067 posts
18990 upvotes
For the gold diggers, check MMS (Macarthur Minerals) out. I'm up more than 40% now and still averaging up. It's an Australian iron ore play that may be fully operational in 2023. $4b off-take agreement with Glencore and the market cap at $55m is still a joke.

I'm going to hold at least until 2025, hopefully it will be $5/share then. Maybe $10 by end of the decade, if it follows Champion Iron (CIA). It's nothing glamorous or fancy but when you have one big bold bet, might as well choose the safer (is anything even really safe?) stock haha.

They did have TD (as per CEO) as the lead underwriter in 2011 ($3.50/share raise for about $40-50m cash -- was close to $200m market cap at that time; Fiera Capital invested $10+m I believe) when iron ore was hot but you know what happens when it goes out of favor when MJ and bitcoin became the rage.

More discussions on:
https://ceo.ca/mms

Aug 29, 2012
41 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
How much do people buy for it to be "worth it" on these penny stocks? It's obvious that if a stock goes from .10 to .50, that's great. But if you only had 100 shares, does that even make up for commission? Do you tend to buy in lots of 1000 or something?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54067 posts
18990 upvotes
Honestly, to be able influence the price movement, we probably need hundreds to millions of dollars and multiple trading accounts, or concerted effort from people with a few ten thousand dollars lying around.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5237 posts
2426 upvotes
Vancouver
cbalain wrote: How much do people buy for it to be "worth it" on these penny stocks? It's obvious that if a stock goes from .10 to .50, that's great. But if you only had 100 shares, does that even make up for commission? Do you tend to buy in lots of 1000 or something?
My initial positions are usually $5k and then I add up to a max of $20k for small cap positions.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2711 posts
811 upvotes
Vaughan
cbalain wrote: How much do people buy for it to be "worth it" on these penny stocks? It's obvious that if a stock goes from .10 to .50, that's great. But if you only had 100 shares, does that even make up for commission? Do you tend to buy in lots of 1000 or something?
Usually at least $1k worth of shares, this makes any 10%+ move worth it.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7315 posts
1875 upvotes
GTA
cloakster wrote: Usually at least $1k worth of shares, this makes any 10%+ move worth it.
I am playing with slightly larger amounts these days but $1K is a good amount per stock when you're starting out, otherwise the transaction fees are starting to eat into the gains.
Oct 12, 2009
426 posts
137 upvotes
izzyzz wrote: I am playing with slightly larger amounts these days but $1K is a good amount per stock when you're starting out, otherwise the transaction fees are starting to eat into the gains.
You can make some huge gains on them that's for sure. I had a reverse split on one the other day, a ridiculous ratio to hit the NASDAQ and now its crashing. I'm not fond of them!!!
2010 Contest Wins: 0
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7315 posts
1875 upvotes
GTA
CupOfCats wrote: You can make some huge gains on them that's for sure. I had a reverse split on one the other day, a ridiculous ratio to hit the NASDAQ and now its crashing. I'm not fond of them!!!
You have to research them and time your entries very carefully if you want to make consistent gains. Diversification and risk management are essential, especially on the Canadian stock exchanges.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1356 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: For the gold diggers, check MMS (Macarthur Minerals) out. I'm up more than 40% now and still averaging up. It's an Australian iron ore play that may be fully operational in 2023. $4b off-take agreement with Glencore and the market cap at $55m is still a joke.

I'm going to hold at least until 2025, hopefully it will be $5/share then. Maybe $10 by end of the decade, if it follows Champion Iron (CIA). It's nothing glamorous or fancy but when you have one big bold bet, might as well choose the safer (is anything even really safe?) stock haha.

They did have TD (as per CEO) as the lead underwriter in 2011 ($3.50/share raise for about $40-50m cash -- was close to $200m market cap at that time; Fiera Capital invested $10+m I believe) when iron ore was hot but you know what happens when it goes out of favor when MJ and bitcoin became the rage.
I actually just exited my 1 year long position today at 60cents lol
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7315 posts
1875 upvotes
GTA
Out of VST @ .54 (avg .51).

In TRIP @ .07 and NSG @ .40.