Shopping Discussion

Canadian stores with Free Shipping (no minimums) during Covid

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 2:27 pm
Newbie
Aug 25, 2017
54 posts
21 upvotes
Does this thread included website only businesses or it's only for Canadian Storefronts?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1546 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
Ventorro wrote: Does this thread included website only businesses or it's only for Canadian Storefronts?
I've been putting both. Any place that is doing free delivery, that usually does not have free delivery. But with no minimum. Not "free delivery with minimum $25 spend".
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18451 posts
26459 upvotes
ONTARIO
That Ontario wine list is quite large. Does anyone know if any of them (or any other site) sells equipment as well? Things like homebrewing equipment, or even just wine bottles (empty). Looking for a site to buy that kind of stuff with no shipping minimums.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1546 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
Luzer123 wrote: Dickies Canada workwear now has free shipping, no minimum: https://www.dickies.ca/en/home
Do you know if there's a code? When I put something in the cart, it says free shipping, but when I go through checkout, at the shipping part it says $8.
Jr. Member
Apr 29, 2015
132 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Skilas wrote: Do you know if there's a code? When I put something in the cart, it says free shipping, but when I go through checkout, at the shipping part it says $8.
When I put something in the cart and go through checkout it still says free shipping.
Newbie
Oct 21, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
Madden, AB
Aritzia is no longer offering free shipping
It is now free shipping over $150
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1546 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
linp1988 wrote: Aritzia is no longer offering free shipping
It is now free shipping over $150
I've removed them, and a bunch more that have stopped.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
19706 posts
4301 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Add Woodstream Brands to the list. They supply bird feeders, gardening supply, electric fencing and pest control products.

Free shipping for all orders. Ships from Brampton.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Newbie
Apr 26, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
I noticed that you have a list of big retail chains and no local businesses. During COVID-19 many small local businesses are starting online stores and offering free shipping to promote them. It would be nice to include local businesses in your list, perhaps have a list of the big cities with local businesses that offer free shipping under each city. My local optometrist just launched her store this morning while the in-person side of her business is shutdown due to the pandemic. She is offering FREE SHIPPING until June 30 Canada-wide. Here is the link: https://shop.perspectiveoptometry.ca/

Let's support local small business!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1546 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
Dealduff wrote: I noticed that you have a list of big retail chains and no local businesses. During COVID-19 many small local businesses are starting online stores and offering free shipping to promote them. It would be nice to include local businesses in your list, perhaps have a list of the big cities with local businesses that offer free shipping under each city. My local optometrist just launched her store this morning while the in-person side of her business is shutdown due to the pandemic. She is offering FREE SHIPPING until June 30 Canada-wide. Here is the link: https://shop.perspectiveoptometry.ca/

Let's support local small business!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I have no problem promoting small business. The only problem would be if not everyone has access to the deal (eg: local shipping only). But in your case, shipping is Canada Wide, so I'll be happy to add them to the post.

EDIT:
The flip side we need to remember is that small purchases could hurt small businesses. People love free shipping because they can buy smaller orders without fear of having to pay more. There's less guilt about buying a $10 item from Staples or other big box stores, and getting it shipped for free. So it's just something to keep in mind with small businesses.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1546 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
Made some updates. Removed some companies. Added Reebok for online ordering.

Top