Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] $10 off for synthetic oil change at Canadian tire for triangle rewards member

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:49 am
[OP]
Oct 27, 2019
66 posts
157 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] $10 off for synthetic oil change at Canadian tire for triangle rewards member

Got an email from Triangle rewards.
Could be useful for someone who's due for an oil change. Im assuming the code is Generic and telling the Auto Staff what to enter.
Maybe you can just show the coupon and get the $10 discount even if you aren't a Triangle rewards member, not sure tho.

Hey , Thank you for choosing Canadian Tire for your oil changes! We wanted to let you know that you are almost due for an oil change. As a valued Triangle Rewards Member, we have included a coupon for you to save $10 on a synthetic oil change this month.
Images
  • 20191204_091854.jpg
14 replies
Sep 10, 2018
244 posts
1254 upvotes
Do I care?
Do you want to
1) trust Canadian tire and pray they don't strip the drain bolt thread?
2) pay hyper-inflated upcharge for synthetic oil?

You can buy synthetic oil in store and bring it to trusted mechanic for $20 labor.
Last edited by LULUMON on Dec 4th, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4981 posts
1358 upvotes
Kitchener
Not in before Crappy Tire rip lol
[OP]
Oct 27, 2019
66 posts
157 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Do you want to
1) trust Canadian tire and pray they don't strip the drain bolt thread?
2) pay hyper-inflated upcharge for synthetic oil?

You can buy synthetic oil in store and bring it to trusted mechanic for $20 labor.
True
I personally do my own oil changes. I don't trust any mechanics even the dealers. I've had bad experience with dealers putting more oil then supposed to. Also with them tightening the bolt so tight that the next time they went to change it got stripped and had to pay for a new one.
So yh i don't trust anyone now and do my own oil changes.

Just thought coupon could maybe help someone who already goes to Canadian tire for oil changes.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2500 posts
1764 upvotes
Sorry, not my business in their garage.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11651 posts
8086 upvotes
GTA, ON
Friends don't let Friends service their vehicle at Canadian Tire
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1028 posts
338 upvotes
Lol - would not let them pay me to touch my car.

Heaven forbid that they could even get a tire swap right.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Nov 12, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
I had 2 oil changes on very special prices so far & they were satisfactory. I went to the Lakeshore Leslie one. What i paid them was not enough to buy the synthetic oil for my car at regular price plus filter ($60 when not on sale), plus my car needs a special filter which another guy charged me $35 alone just for that. Canadian Tire used a less expensive one & just charged me the difference. So far so good. Don't know about their other work.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9665 posts
9119 upvotes
Markham
ivanadeal wrote: I had 2 oil changes on very special prices so far & they were satisfactory. I went to the Lakeshore Leslie one. What i paid them was not enough to buy the synthetic oil for my car at regular price plus filter ($60 when not on sale), plus my car needs a special filter which another guy charged me $35 alone just for that. Canadian Tire used a less expensive one & just charged me the difference. So far so good. Don't know about their other work.
Six bullets in a revolver chamber, only takes one to kill you.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11651 posts
8086 upvotes
GTA, ON
Anikiri wrote: Six bullets in a revolver chamber, only takes one to kill you.
🤣

Or Russian roulette
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 2, 2011
357 posts
58 upvotes
Gloucester
I am a Triangle card holder and every year i get a free conventional oil change when they renew my roadside assistance pass. Basically it ends up costing me $7. Done it twice, so far, they've actually put new oil in the car since I check right after before leaving the parking lot lol
Dec 10, 2006
345 posts
88 upvotes
Had to get tires changed out of province in a pinch. Major scratches on two of my rims, denial of all responsibility. Never again.
Dec 25, 2012
545 posts
627 upvotes
Ontario
Been going to CT for oil changes for years. Especially since it's free conventional with those roadside assistance coupons or only $20. I never had a problem. The guys that work in mine are older men and do a great job. TONS of quick oil change places have their fair share of monkeys kids who don't know what they are doing. I've been to midas, Mr.lube, dealerships, and great Canadian oil and they all staffed by young kids who rush and offered misleading information or upsells. Not right to label every garage in a franchise as bad. Go wherever you trust. Honestly doing it at home is best and safest but it's not worth my $$ and time when CT can do it for me for free or cheap while I shop.
Jun 17, 2007
267 posts
224 upvotes
Terrace
I did the $9.99 oil change at CT if you buy your oil there. Like an hour long in the waiting room while they do everything BESIDES the oil change so they can come up with a stack of papers telling you to change all the other fluids, filters and get alignment "based off the mileage of your car", even though they have no clue when those things were done. I did my coolant a week prior and they told me I should have it done. Then the manager basically looks pissed because they spent an hour on you and got $9.99.

Also some teenager stole a wheel end cap from my Honda. Probably very YMMV depending on who's staffed. It's faster to do my own oil change.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1316 posts
909 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Canadian Tire probably does more oil changes than any other company in Canada, while having similar 'fault' percentages as any other major retailer (no I don't have proof of that and neither do you - I'm just guessing here), yet people always come in here pretending like they are the spawn of Satan. Of course you've heard more horror stories from them vs Bill's auto care across the street... they do 1000000x more oil changes than Bill. lol

It's an oil change - not rocket science. You don't need to come in to a deals thread and share your opinions on a company everyone is already very aware of. Imagine if people went in to Amazon deal threads and complained their packages were late. It's a deals thread... not your life story.
Elanzer wrote: I did the $9.99 oil change at CT if you buy your oil there. Like an hour long in the waiting room while they do everything BESIDES the oil change so they can come up with a stack of papers telling you to change all the other fluids, filters and get alignment "based off the mileage of your car", even though they have no clue when those things were done. I did my coolant a week prior and they told me I should have it done. Then the manager basically looks pissed because they spent an hour on you and got $9.99.

Also some teenager stole a wheel end cap from my Honda. Probably very YMMV depending on who's staffed. It's faster to do my own oil change.
They checked your vehicle service history via your VIN, and there was nothing as you did it yourself. They just assumed it hadn't been done in forever, and they were making suggestions based off your vehicles suggested intervals. It's kind of annoying since you know those suggestions are mostly a money grab, but it's not like they are suggesting anything that isn't in your owner's manual. Blame Honda, not CT for that.