Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$100 bonus Canadian Tire Money on first purchase with new Triangle Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 2:00 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 7, 2018
162 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
I also received my $100 reward from the world elite card signup. I purchased an item at Canadian Tire for curbside pickup and got my reward a week later.
Oct 17, 2014
419 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greybuds wrote: For you guys who have received the $100 dollar bonus, did you get instant approval when you applied for the credit card? I called in and they stated that they won't apply the $100 CT money because it wasn't "approved" during the promotion time. The representative was not willing to budge.
I applied for the credit card during the promotion time and the website stated that it will take time to review my details. One to two weeks later, they called me to verify my details and it was around this time that I officially got "approved".
My son wasn't instantly approved then was approved later when the promotion was over but still received $100 CT Money.

When you make your first purchase, only 4% CTM (plus $5 if you give your email and activate that offer) shows up in your Triangle account.
Within a week, 2 other separate entries for CTM will show up: one for $100 bonus CTM and another one for 11% of your purchase.
In total you'll get $100 + 15% of your purchase in CT Money (+ plus $5 if you give your email)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1501 posts
1787 upvotes
I received the $100 CTM - was one of the ones that wasn't approved automatically, but was instantly approved after some phone verification of past accounts held. GL all!

Great promo - thx a mint, OP!

ETAsk: is it worth getting the Triangle app - like are the promos better/different than the ones emailed weekly already? I know it's free but if the app is bad, I'd rather have one less. TIA! :blush:

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1735 posts
8087 upvotes
klamchowder wrote: ETAsk: is it worth getting the Triangle app - like are the promos better/different than the ones emailed weekly already? I know it's free but if the app is bad, I'd rather have one less. TIA! :blush:
The app is worth having, IMHO. You can "swap" offers in the app and you can't do that on the web site, so the app is definitely handy. 👍🏼
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3945 posts
1376 upvotes
Vancouver
klamchowder wrote:
ETAsk: is it worth getting the Triangle app - like are the promos better/different than the ones emailed weekly already? I know it's free but if the app is bad, I'd rather have one less. TIA! :blush:

cheers,
I mainly use the Triangle app to keep tabs on my credit card transactions. But I think it's handy the triangle rewards info is rolled into the same app.

I think it's a good app, I haven't had too many issue with it.
Jun 26, 2019
24 posts
4 upvotes
greybuds wrote: For you guys who have received the $100 dollar bonus, did you get instant approval when you applied for the credit card? I called in and they stated that they won't apply the $100 CT money because it wasn't "approved" during the promotion time. The representative was not willing to budge.
I applied for the credit card during the promotion time and the website stated that it will take time to review my details. One to two weeks later, they called me to verify my details and it was around this time that I officially got "approved".
Ignore my previous post. I received my $100 CT Money!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1501 posts
1787 upvotes
switcheroo wrote: got $100 for wc, but not the $5
cardero wrote: I never received the $5 either.
Mine came via email and required "activation". Maybe it was swept to spam?

cheers,
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
Finally got my $100. It was close, though. I initially thought any purchase qualified, but it had to be a purchase from CT. With about a week left I went to CT, bought a $10 granite stone flying pan and qualified.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
BoxsterS wrote: Finally got my $100. It was close, though. I initially thought any purchase qualified, but it had to be a purchase from CT. With about a week left I went to CT, bought a $10 granite stone flying pan and qualified.
When was the last date to make a qualifying purchase for the 100$ promotion? I made mine on April 25th - hopefully I still qualify.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
addicted2it wrote: When was the last date to make a qualifying purchase for the 100$ promotion? I made mine on April 25th - hopefully I still qualify.
I think the 29th since that was the end date of the promotion.
Nov 18, 2008
751 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
BoxsterS wrote: I think the 29th since that was the end date of the promotion.
Can anyone confirm Apr 29 as the last day to qualify? I might have missed the window :(
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
2176 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like there is a similar offer going on for 75 CTM
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
I purchased something from Staples last month but no bonus CT yet. Does the first purchase must be from CT store to qualify the $100 CT money? Is there a time limit I have to make the first purchase? thanks
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I have world elite and received a notice from the last statement. If you do not have a balance of more than $2 in 2 statement period, they will charge inactive fee.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1501 posts
1787 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I have world elite and received a notice from the last statement. If you do not have a balance of more than $2 in 2 statement period, they will charge inactive fee.
Thx for the heads up - wow, pretty harsh - I understand 6 or 12 months but each statement!

cheers,
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
253 posts
197 upvotes
Scarberia
82 wrote: I purchased something from Staples last month but no bonus CT yet. Does the first purchase must be from CT store to qualify the $100 CT money? Is there a time limit I have to make the first purchase? thanks
the purchase has to be from a CT store, and you have 30 days from card approval. i've made the call to their customer reps before and found out the hard way by having the fine print of the promo pointed out to me, but i did end up getting it honoured by escalating to a kind manager for a manual adjustment

edit: the 30 days approval vs card activation part can be argued, but you need to fulfill the requirement of having a purchase at a CT store - non negotiable
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I have world elite and received a notice from the last statement. If you do not have a balance of more than $2 in 2 statement period, they will charge inactive fee.
Did anyone else receive this notice as well? So you gotta use this card once a month I suppose.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)