Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$140 Ninja Ultima Blender - 40% off reg. $250

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 6:27 am
[OP]
Sep 3, 2009
143 posts
51 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] $140 Ninja Ultima Blender - 40% off reg. $250

Entry level Ninja Ultima blender (BL800) - 3 speeds (low, medium, high) and no accessories. NOTE: In store only.

Next model up is (BL810) $240 - 20% off reg $300 and has two individual blending cups.

Both have 1500 Watt and 2.5 horsepower motor.

Check link below to compare models:
http://www.ninjakitchen.com/ninja-ultim ... e-and-buy/

Gets good reviews for the pricepoint:

http://www.cnet.com/products/ninja-ulti ... der-bl810/ - BL810 model - same motor.
30 replies
Dec 13, 2005
138 posts
62 upvotes
Can anyone comment on this item? Seems like a fair price for the power. Wish it had more accessories though...
Feb 1, 2015
897 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LINK604 wrote: Can anyone comment on this item? Seems like a fair price for the power. Wish it had more accessories though...
I picked one up three months ago after my vitamix broke, and it's been nothing but excellent. I use it twice daily and its been amazing
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
ironmen77 wrote: I picked one up three months ago after my vitamix broke, and it's been nothing but excellent. I use it twice daily and its been amazing
Which model? Also if you dont mind, what do you usually use it for everyday? Thanks
Nov 27, 2011
488 posts
224 upvotes
NEPEAN
It's a shame noone carries the 810 model, it would be nice to get those 16oz cups. Ya I could just pore it from the big jar into a shaker cup, but this would save me from washing that big jar each time.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10285 posts
4741 upvotes
Toronto
isn't 40% off $150? interesting marketing technique…under promise and over deliver!
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
557 upvotes
Calgary
The Ninja is cheaply built. Everything made from hollow plastic. Feels like the case of vacuum cleaner. Can't add ingredients while it's blending either. Save your money.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1973 posts
697 upvotes
Edmonton
Rudee wrote: The Ninja is cheaply built. Everything made from hollow plastic. Feels like the case of vacuum cleaner. Can't add ingredients while it's blending either. Save your money.
for this sale price its totally fine. have had mine for a long time and it blends up quick. Using twice daily. The only step up from this is blendtec or vita so choose this or choose $380+

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3555 posts
1797 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked up a Oster versa from shop.ca sales for under 100.. gotta say the smoothies are awesome. It breaks down the seeds of berries.!!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3555 posts
1797 upvotes
Mississauga
Yup... with the Shop 20% off sale and the yougurtys $40 off coupon it was like $80ish.

And.. to make it even sweeter.. I was missing a set of blades when it arrived.. so shop.ca stepped up and along with the vendor just sent me another blender.. So I ended up getting 2 !! 1 became a great mothers day gift !
Feb 16, 2005
870 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary
TLSRULZ wrote: Yup... with the Shop 20% off sale and the yougurtys $40 off coupon it was like $80ish.

And.. to make it even sweeter.. I was missing a set of blades when it arrived.. so shop.ca stepped up and along with the vendor just sent me another blender.. So I ended up getting 2 !! 1 became a great mothers day gift !
I'm impressed that it can get rid of the seeds! I am getting tired of seeds in my smoothies.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3555 posts
1797 upvotes
Mississauga
yea I find you just have to make sure you dont overfill it and let it mix and fold the contents (using the smoothie setting) .. and then I add ice and pulse it a bit ..
Mar 30, 2013
421 posts
228 upvotes
Petawawa
can you make green smoothies with this guy? Might be suitable as a backup in my office.
Usually throw:
spinach, swiss chards, kale, brocoli crowns, almonds, chia seeds, beets, celery, cukes

think it can handle the above? For $140 it doesn't have to be blendtec/vitamix good
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10463 posts
644 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Have to chime in here... that's the old model I believe?

Do yourself a big favor, print a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond Coupon and buy this Ninja

It is incredible with the programs. You press a button and its programmed to grind that stuff to nothing. I have shoved in about 4 cups of frozen strawberries and it does such a good job you wouldn't know my smoothie contained actual fruit. The program for Frozen Drink Smoothies (top left button) for example is 75 seconds... goes on for about 10 seconds, stops, starts again for 10 a bit higher RPM, stops, repeats, stops, then goes on for 30 seconds, etc. The times are wrong but that's the gyst of it, it stops and the food settles before it starts again so I have yet to see the slightest amount of solid remaining in my smoothies.

I have no issue with the build quality either... it's not a vitamix, but I couldn't be happier.
Oct 24, 2010
112 posts
115 upvotes
Great White North
Feneant wrote: Have to chime in here... that's the old model I believe?

Do yourself a big favor, print a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond Coupon and buy this Ninja

It is incredible with the programs. You press a button and its programmed to grind that stuff to nothing. I have shoved in about 4 cups of frozen strawberries and it does such a good job you wouldn't know my smoothie contained actual fruit. The program for Frozen Drink Smoothies (top left button) for example is 75 seconds... goes on for about 10 seconds, stops, starts again for 10 a bit higher RPM, stops, repeats, stops, then goes on for 30 seconds, etc. The times are wrong but that's the gyst of it, it stops and the food settles before it starts again so I have yet to see the slightest amount of solid remaining in my smoothies.

I have no issue with the build quality either... it's not a vitamix, but I couldn't be happier.
I did the exact same thing...20% off at BBB on this model and also could not be happier. This thing is awesome. You might want to invest in some ear plugs though.
Banned
Jan 14, 2015
1586 posts
84 upvotes
So the bbb is better? How does this compared to the lower W models? Like what is the minimum you need for smoothies?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3555 posts
1797 upvotes
Mississauga
mrpricematch wrote: can you make green smoothies with this guy? Might be suitable as a backup in my office.
Usually throw:
spinach, swiss chards, kale, brocoli crowns, almonds, chia seeds, beets, celery, cukes

think it can handle the above? For $140 it doesn't have to be blendtec/vitamix good
You would need some liquid but I dont see why not.. I typically have spinach, celery, cukes, and bunch of nuts in my smoothies. I thow in a bit of OJ.. or some fruit punch.. and some water as I dont want too much of the juice....
You dont have to spend 140.. there are always promos on shop.ca The nice thing about the Oster is that it reverses the blades in its cycle.. to that really prevents anything from getting stuck.. ie no need of the tamper etc.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
557 upvotes
Calgary
The best blender that I've used that is excellent at pulling stuff down into the blade without a Tamper is the Breville Hemisphere. They sell for around $200 on Amazon. Pulls food into the blades better than a Blendtec and Vitamix. It doesn't blend as smooth as the Vitamix on it's default 'Smoothie' setting though, so instead of using the Smoothie setting, just blend at the highest setting a bit longer and you'll have results similar to the Blendtec and Vitamix, with half the noise and half the cost. It also doesn't forcefully splash half the smoothie up the sides of the jar and under the lid like the Blendtec and Vitamix do, and it's easier to clean. We use our Breville Hemisphere more than our Blendtec.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)