Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] 15% off Chemical Guys Products - Canadian Tire

[OP]
Jun 27, 2019
19 posts
33 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] 15% off Chemical Guys Products - Canadian Tire

Enjoying this hot weather outside? Need a cool down? Why not give your car some love with a nice car wash!

Canadian Tire is having 15% off their products SELECT PRODUCTS ONLY

Here is the list that's on sale:
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1318 posts
211 upvotes
Thanks!

I was hoping to give Jet Seal a go... Or get some bettee Hex pads for polishing :(
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4996 posts
453 upvotes
I think a few of these are available at Walmart, at least the wheel cleaner for $9.99. Not sure if any of the other ones are (potentially the leather cleaner but I don't know if that's also at $9.99 or more expensive at Walmart).
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2875 posts
3739 upvotes
Edmonton
Chemical guys leather cleaner took the used 2017 Q7 I purchased from disappointingly worn to brand new. Along with their horse hair brush it's my absolute numberwang recommendation for interior detailing.

Before and after pics below. Bear in mind an upholstery repair shop quoted me to repair this and said it might not be possible even with re-staining to fix it.

Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1174 posts
1149 upvotes
West GTA
mmagda wrote: Thanks!

I was hoping to give Jet Seal a go... Or get some bettee Hex pads for polishing :(
I've used Jet Seal three times now, and can confidently say it's 'okay'. By that I mean the car looks great (almost as good as carnauba), it does last longer than carnauba, and it's easier to apply than carnauba... but it doesn't last nearly as long as advertised and there's still a bit of elbow grease to remove it once applied. I wouldn't say it's any better than any other synthetic sealant, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. It's solid but unexceptional. If you find a good deal it's likely worth it - sometimes Amazon's dynamic pricing will give you a silly deal on the stuff.
Aug 1, 2016
267 posts
417 upvotes
NICE! I've always wanted to try out their Honey Dew snowfoam in my foam canon
Aug 20, 2009
7991 posts
2913 upvotes
Grimsby
Blubbs wrote: Chemical guys leather cleaner took the used 2017 Q7 I purchased from disappointingly worn to brand new. Along with their horse hair brush it's my absolute numberwang recommendation for interior detailing.
Upvoted for numberwang reference.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1318 posts
211 upvotes
grumble wrote: I've used Jet Seal three times now, and can confidently say it's 'okay'. By that I mean the car looks great (almost as good as carnauba), it does last longer than carnauba, and it's easier to apply than carnauba... but it doesn't last nearly as long as advertised and there's still a bit of elbow grease to remove it once applied. I wouldn't say it's any better than any other synthetic sealant, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. It's solid but unexceptional. If you find a good deal it's likely worth it - sometimes Amazon's dynamic pricing will give you a silly deal on the stuff.
That's it, I wanted to use it for the hell of it. Despite reading that Collonite 845 is (still) the shit many years later I'm the detailing world.

I'll just look out for that instead, based on your info!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9693 posts
853 upvotes
Mississauga
Canada_7 wrote: I think a few of these are available at Walmart, at least the wheel cleaner for $9.99. Not sure if any of the other ones are (potentially the leather cleaner but I don't know if that's also at $9.99 or more expensive at Walmart).
I was just there and there was for $9.98

Total Cleaner
Diablo
Tire Kicker
Quick leather cleaner
Synthetic Detailer - Picked this one up for some exterior quick details
Citric Wash $7.98

and a few others.... there is an older thread here

Ive used the following CG products;
Silk Shine
2-1 Total Cleaner
2-1 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
VRP

All are great for the price, would recommend
RFD 42-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Nov 21, 2010
860 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
Prices are not good. Chemical Guys Canada sells these for a lot cheaper. I know things have been in and out of stock but take for example:

Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner

CT: $19.49 AFTER 15% discount
CG Canada: $12.19

Cold as ice, my guy. Wal-mart had a sale the other month where they were closer to $10 for a lot of these cleaners.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2784 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
Any comments/experiences on the hydro suds ceramic?? Just started using a foam cannon and honeydew has been good but want something that adds a bit of protection after wash
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41484 posts
6508 upvotes
Some of the stuff is also $9 or $10 ish at Walmart.
Proud to be an Indian.
3845 posts
3952 upvotes
GTA
likebutta wrote: Prices are not good. Chemical Guys Canada sells these for a lot cheaper. I know things have been in and out of stock but take for example:

Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner

CT: $19.49 AFTER 15% discount
CG Canada: $12.19
Good point. For those that might not know, Chemical Guys has several retail locations in Canada. They're called "Detail Garage".

Kitchener, ON
Mississauga, ON
Pickering, ON
Vancouver, BC
[OP]
Jun 27, 2019
19 posts
33 upvotes
derass wrote: Good point. For those that might not know, Chemical Guys has several retail locations in Canada. They're called "Detail Garage".

Kitchener, ON
Mississauga, ON
Pickering, ON
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for this. I certainly didn’t know that they had a shop like this. Definitely going to check it out.

As for Walmart, it’s pretty much YMMV since the website is mainly online only products and they don’t have store stock inventory. But from what you say, $9-$10 is a pretty good deal. Will keep an eye out for that whenever I pop in one.