• Aug 15th, 2019 8:08 pm
[OP]
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] 15% off Sport Chek & Mark's Work Warehouse GCs - starts Aug 8th

On Page 7.

Deal starts Aug 8th. In store only. Cannot use CT money. No rainchecks. The offer is available in upcoming flyer.
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
118 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4863 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP! And thanks for covering the questions each time this comes up.

I need some back-to-school shoes for the kids and the 50% clearance promo yielded no keepers.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Apr 7, 2014
74 posts
37 upvotes
ON
Do they limit how much you can buy? If I’m looking to get an Apple Watch from Sport Chek, is this the way to go? Also, can gift cards be used online?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4863 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
juniorspank wrote: Do they limit how much you can buy? If I’m looking to get an Apple Watch from Sport Chek, is this the way to go? Also, can gift cards be used online?
No limit. However, I'm not sure they have giftcards in store over in $100 denominations.

There used to be a limit of two giftcards you can use online at one time. However, you can go into store and they can combine into one.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4573 posts
2071 upvotes
Toronto
*Gta ah shit here we go again pic*
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Apr 7, 2014
74 posts
37 upvotes
ON
jcon wrote: No limit. However, I'm not sure they have giftcards in store over in $100 denominations.

There used to be a limit of two giftcards you can use online at one time. However, you can go into store and they can combine into one.
Awesome, thanks for the help!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3255 posts
2141 upvotes
Langley
Here we go again!!! I guess this is a profitable promotion. They seem to be doing them more and more..
Feb 24, 2017
145 posts
211 upvotes
Combine this with Mark's 30% entire store sale to get work boots for ~40% off. Even better if those boots are already on sale.

Last fall I believe this sale was 20% off the GCs and I bought $150 worth for $120. Then used that to buy a pair of Timberland Pros that were originally $250 but marked down to $210 and with the 30% off came to only $147 plus tax. Essentially half price for some of the best work boots out there.
Aug 24, 2015
404 posts
1287 upvotes
AB
jellytime wrote: Here we go again!!! I guess this is a profitable promotion. They seem to be doing them more and more..
As long as everything is marked up at least 17.6% on average, which is most definitely is, then it’s profitable. Maybe less profitable when you combine this with their employee pricing events that seem to happen more frequently..
[OP]
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes
The trick is to buy these now and hold on to them until either Boxing day/Black Friday or another clearance sale like we had last week before they shut it down early.

15% + 10% email code + Cashback + sale at the time = good savings
Last edited by flash67 on Aug 6th, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 6, 2006
184 posts
56 upvotes
Nanaimo
I got some CT gift cards as a recognition award through work. Can I buy gift cards with gift cards? My partner says no. CT gift card site was uncertain.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16819 posts
18526 upvotes
Oakville
Did they solve the problem with balances being stolen? Or is it still an issue?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Oct 9, 2018
307 posts
1777 upvotes
Can't pass up a great gift card promo, thanks OP!
Apr 17, 2009
476 posts
83 upvotes
For Quebec it's a 15% discount for L'Équipeur. From what I understand it's possible to use L'Équipeur gift cards at Sport Expert & Atmosphère since they are at the same location (ex: Galeries d'Anjou).

Edit: I just called them and they said no, we can't use L'Équipeur gift cards at Sport Expert :(
Mar 23, 2004
44169 posts
9966 upvotes
Markham
flash67 wrote: The trick is to buy these now and hold on to them until either Boxing day/Black Friday or another clearance sale like we had last week before they shut it down early.

15% + 10% email code + Cashback + sale at the time = good savings
Well for BF/BD there might be a better promo at 20% off...so if you dont expect to shop after those, it's better to wait.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3255 posts
2141 upvotes
Langley
engineered wrote: Did they solve the problem with balances being stolen? Or is it still an issue?
this was only an issue with their older cards without the pins. All of their cards have pins now.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4863 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
waven101 wrote: So it is hard to buy 500 and a apple watch then??
Khajiit has wares, if you have coin.