Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

15% off Sport Chek & Mark's Work Warehouse GCs - starts Aug 8th

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 8:08 pm
Mar 16, 2013
88 posts
37 upvotes
renoldman wrote: There has been no spend $50 get $10 off promo in a while at Mark's.

Those were the days.
It's literally on the back of every receipt.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4923 posts
1563 upvotes
Kitchener
Didn't they not let people use gift card on the last employee pricing sale?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Mar 23, 2004
44829 posts
10811 upvotes
Markham
stagefright wrote: i bought a bike from sport chek online about two weeks ago, could i still do this? change the payment type?
Yes you can.
563786243045216 wrote: Any guesses if it's a good idea to stock up now? Last BlackFriday CT had Marks cards at 20% off.
If you dont have anything to buy between now and BF, then i would suggest you hold still then.
Thundercloud wrote: Didn't they not let people use gift card on the last employee pricing sale?
YMMV tbh, the markham store allow me to use them.
Jan 29, 2017
315 posts
153 upvotes
Mint wrote: I've done it in the past on my Bike. There was a few extra steps, because each bike had some kind of registry (?) in case it gets stolen, so when you return it they check a few things. But aside from an extra 5min it was fine.

In general, they seem pretty flexible about changing payment type. Especially for online orders, since they limit to 2 GC.
thanks for the reply. do i have to actually return it?

reason i ask is because i bought it on sale and the sale is no longer on, plus i just picked it up today after having sport chek assemble it.

not sure if it's worth waiting another two weeks to wait for it to show up/have them assemble it if this is the case.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3839 posts
668 upvotes
stagefright wrote: thanks for the reply. do i have to actually return it?

reason i ask is because i bought it on sale and the sale is no longer on, plus i just picked it up today after having sport chek assemble it.

not sure if it's worth waiting another two weeks to wait for it to show up/have them assemble it if this is the case.
The sale price isnt an issue. Since they will repurchase at the price you paid.

You might want to call and ask them about doing so for the bike. If its already assembled it might be more work than it's worth since I'm not 100% sure they can re-buy the exact same one.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6038 posts
4481 upvotes
M-Arkham
time to buy another $200 GCs, drained most of them on the 50% clearance sales on shoes
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Mar 6, 2013
332 posts
134 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Gotta wait a decent number of years before you write GCs off though. Until then it's just a liability.
Liability? My understanding is that these companies make millions in interest on these never used gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5309 posts
5303 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
toaster5 wrote: Liability? My understanding is that these companies make millions in interest on these never used gift cards.
The money they get does sit in a bank account but for accounting purposes it has to be kept as a liability until it's used, because until it's used the company owes the customer product/services for the amount the card is worth. Once it's used the money finally gets recorded as "Revenue".

But if the Gift Card's never used that liability can eventually just be written off as revenue (usually after half a decade or more).
Feb 7, 2017
459 posts
237 upvotes
Does these gift cards apply to the Atmosphere store?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4905 posts
2064 upvotes
Winnipeg
Siward44 wrote: Does these gift cards apply to the Atmosphere store?
Yes.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Feb 10, 2008
231 posts
170 upvotes
Never tried getting these sportchek GCs last time they had this promo. Do the Canadian Tire stores usually stock plenty of these GCs so it doesn't run out of stock quickly?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3281 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the answer is no. Can you use SportChek or Marks giftcards at Canadian Tire?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7369 posts
1900 upvotes
Toronto
Ohboiya wrote: I think the answer is no. Can you use SportChek or Marks giftcards at Canadian Tire?
No, but you can use Sportchek GC in Atmosphere and National Sports
May 30, 2011
990 posts
1379 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: No, but you can use Sportchek GC in Atmosphere and National Sports
Didn’t know about National Sports - good to know!
May 7, 2017
168 posts
257 upvotes
jellytime wrote: this was only an issue with their older cards without the pins. All of their cards have pins now.
My wife had a balance stolen on a card with a pin. We managed to get the money back with minimal hassle.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3269 posts
2152 upvotes
Langley
George1025 wrote: My wife had a balance stolen on a card with a pin. We managed to get the money back with minimal hassle.
Really? did the pin look like it was tampered with? Or you don't remember?

That's definitely odd.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1523 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Would it be a good idea to stock up on these giftcards in hopes of the go pro hero 7 going on sale at sportcheck?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20632 posts
8134 upvotes
Toronto
Easy purchase, discount comes up on the screen, works on variable cards.

Other than the cashier secretly calling for back-up from customer service because I was buying gift cards, it was a good purchase!
RedFlagDeals Addict