• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 12:37 pm
[OP]
May 29, 2009
42 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] 2 Stage, 24 Inch Snow Blower on Clearance

Price seems good!! Not sure of Quality. I have Snow-Tek machine which works great! Just came across deal so sharing.
  • Certified 212CC 2-Stage Snowblower is designed for small/medium sized property with features that makes it your tool of choice in the Canadian winter
  • Powered by reliable 212CC, 4 stroke snow engine for consistent performance
  • 24" (61 cm) clearing width and 20" (51 cm) clearing depth makes easy work of snow in your driveway in fewer passes
  • 4 forward and 2 reverse speed for added comfort
  • Steel chute with 180 degree rotation throws snow up to 10M
4 replies
Aug 24, 2011
137 posts
103 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
A no name machine with terrible reviews....buyer beware
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16409 posts
5145 upvotes
London
balla1213 wrote: Unfortunately I purchased this snowblower just before Christmas for $599. I deeply regret not sending a couple hundred more to buy a name brand QUALITY machine. The 1 star reviews were NOT posted yet at that time, but they all sound oh so true compared to my experience. I've never owned a gas lawn mower or any type of snow blower, so I'm not exactly mechanically inclined when it comes to these things (well not for anything). The first time I used it I thought it ran pretty good other than the chute moving by itself due to all the vibration. Since then it seems like it something new each time. I definitely should have taken this back right away, but not having a vehicle equipped to do that made it easy to say that the vibration and chute moving were not a big deal. However it seemed, almost as soon as the 30 days were up things are occuring. The cable (like another review) does not move the chute up & down any longer. The chafing/grinding sound described in another review happens all the time now in the auger area.

All of that being said, this unit is a piece of garbage -- Yes it can blow snow (sometimes). Even in light snow it seems that on the initial start it will not bring the snow up through the chute (guessing the 2nd stage auger inside doesn't always turn)? It is always empty and not full of snow when started. It seems like it is only a matter of time before this thing is unusable. Only thing I can say is that it starts very easily and it may have a good motor.

I don't have experience dealing with Canadian Tire in issues like this but is there any hope for me getting them to take this piece of garbage back? How does it work if needs repair under warranty? Do I take it there and then they send it out for repair?

In conclusion --- DO NOT BUY THIS SNOW BLOWER. Not for $500, $400... Waste of money!

Andrew.
snowblower-snowthrower-watch-2017-2018-2139405/12/
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3863 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
I'm moving further north. I think I will just buy a shovel and die lol
---