Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] $229.99 MotoMaster Eliminator Heavy-Duty Low Profile Long Reach Jack PRICE IN EFFECT Aug, 28 Friday

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 1:03 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5768 posts
1942 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Canadian Tire] $229.99 MotoMaster Eliminator Heavy-Duty Low Profile Long Reach Jack PRICE IN EFFECT Aug, 28 Friday

Sale starts friday 28th
I bought mine last week at full price will be adjusting it to the sale price friday. Needed the 24" height to install long long tube headers and new stainless exhaust on my 86 monte as they had to go in from the bottom as in the picture.
I thought about the costco jack that would go to 24" but really liked this one better. Worth the sale price for both jacks imo.
The regular reach 18" height is also going on sale friday for $169.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/moto ... 0243p.html
Both look to be the same as harbor freight's daytona line.
Images
  • MonteJackedUp.jpg
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
66 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3844 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto
The 3-ton Torin @Costco is $129.99 in the warehouse - is this really worth $100 more?

IMO no, but to each their own.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1381 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting. I need to drop the engine/tranny on the wife's enclave and it comes out the bottom. How sturdy was it at that height?
Nov 28, 2007
90 posts
151 upvotes
Terrible deal. 2 words for you, check costco
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5768 posts
1942 upvotes
Cornwall PE
chadw01 wrote: The 3-ton Torin @Costco is $129.99 in the warehouse - is this really worth $100 more?

IMO no, but to each their own.
If you want the extra reach and height without relying on an extension, yes.
And I have no desire to buy a costco membership.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1038 posts
752 upvotes
Airdrie
I always loved the look of this jack. The previous incarnation was a 2-ton jack. This looks to be the new edition and beefed up to 3-tons.

Definately not the cheapest jack around and not for everyone, but it starts lower and goes higher than most jacks on the market.

One day it will be mine!

Edit: some stores still have the old style on clearance for $179: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0090226
Last edited by mcwilly on Aug 25th, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3951 posts
1609 upvotes
Quebec
i have both in my garage, depend on your need, if your car is REALLY low like my FRS (with lowered suspension, the torin one does not go under without driving my car over some sort of wood to raise it.

the torin one, while it does reach 24in max height, it doesnt actually raise by 24in...as the part that raise, is not long enough. you will have to rely on the extension witch is useless if you can go under the vehicle

torin one is perfect for normal and SUV vehicle. not much for such real "low profile" car.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2265 posts
1700 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been waiting for this jack to go on sale. Thanks OP! Gonna e picking it up.
For those who says that this jack is overpriced, you probably don't own a low vehicle that has a deep jacking point, which is fine. But think about why a jack like this is available for sale before you poo-poo over the cost.
Nov 4, 2018
26 posts
23 upvotes
Chrno wrote: I've been waiting for this jack to go on sale. Thanks OP! Gonna e picking it up.
For those who says that this jack is overpriced, you probably don't own a low vehicle that has a deep jacking point, which is fine. But think about why a jack like this is available for sale before you poo-poo over the cost.
i down a lowered wrx with a front lip... costco one works just fine for me and i save 100$
Jan 15, 2009
91 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
LOL @ people dissing this jack because they have no use for it. As previously stated, some people need the lowness feature due to the need to reach certain jacking points on lower / performance vehicles or working on specific parts of a car. If you only need a jack to swap out tires twice a year on the kid hauler, you don't need this thing. Some of us do.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5655 posts
800 upvotes
Calgary
This is a nice jack to reach those deep jack point.
But Eliminator?? That's not a good name for a jack....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8482 posts
4810 upvotes
ON
betamaxman wrote: Lol, how so?
Maybe it's just me but having to go under a vehicle to do work without having something under the tires just makes me paranoid.
I've seen vehicles slip or shift from stands when vigorously working on seized fasteners . Maybe even some stacked pieces of 2x8 or 2x10 to make sure if anything were to give, it would give you enough space not to get crushed.
If tires have to come off, then I just stick them under at the four corners of the frame as insurance.