• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 7:52 am
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
593 posts
338 upvotes
Markham

[Canadian Tire] $269 CCM 2+2 Hitch Platform Bike Carrier

$269 CCM 2+2 Hitch Platform Bike Carrier regular price is $469!

Just picked it up this morning at the Stouffville, ON location, there was 3 left

Edit 1: Found time lapse of someone building it
Images
  • 6CD6D03F-38E6-4269-B4F8-F027C96B56EA.jpeg
  • 6D4C8D11-BC27-4903-85BC-FDEA6B724042.jpeg
Last edited by wongster on Nov 30th, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Jun 1, 2015
928 posts
331 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Typical CT tactic to inflate regular price and mark down or is this a good price/value for the hitches?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
593 posts
338 upvotes
Markham
reesefitzmaurice wrote: I still need to get a hitch installed for my suv
apparently Uhaul offers services to install too. My buddy was looking into it for his pilot, i think overall it was $300? including parts and labour.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
593 posts
338 upvotes
Markham
RigorMortis wrote: Typical CT tactic to inflate regular price and mark down or is this a good price/value for the hitches?
Could be, but i've been eyeing this one since spring when it was at 469, and than noticed it today when i was there it was on sale for $269
Mar 9, 2009
311 posts
491 upvotes
Winnipeg
RigorMortis wrote: Typical CT tactic to inflate regular price and mark down or is this a good price/value for the hitches?
I think this is a pretty good price for a platform carrier.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1805 posts
997 upvotes
Does anyone know the range of tire sizes it accepts? Cannot find on CT website. Also could not find a CCM product page.

Specifically looking for it to clear 2.6".
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
593 posts
338 upvotes
Markham
bizzyseller wrote: Does anyone know the range of tire sizes it accepts? Cannot find on CT website. Also could not find a CCM product page.

I am planning to open my up later this week, so I will try to measure that for you when i open it up
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5483 posts
3584 upvotes
bizzyseller wrote: Does anyone know the range of tire sizes it accepts? Cannot find on CT website. Also could not find a CCM product page.

Might work, but you may need this guy (in one of the questions, CT responded it's needed for 2.7"+): https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ccm- ... 1189p.html

2.6" is a standard MTB tire size, so I'd imagine it would fit.
Aug 13, 2006
961 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
I own this carrier. It works great for 3 adult mountain bikes + kids bike, and I'm pretty sure that 4th being an adult bike will be fine.

The downside is more aesthetic... The foam will chop easily, I've already had to re paint it with a can of black, and there's no way to lock the bikes to the rack. But at this price it's still worth it vs spending up to $1K
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1932 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
if i purchase the 4 bike carrier can i only use 2 bikes and not mount the 2 other carriers? Looking to use it for 2 adult ebikes around 50lbs each. the 2 bike carrier would be overweight..
Also provides the flexibility for 2 other bikes for the future.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1300 posts
239 upvotes
I bought this a few months back. For the price it is very good. It's a heavy unit and not easy to store when not in use. The rack is huge and is a bit of a pain putting on and taking off frequently, put the heavier bikes closer to the rear of the vehicle. folds up on the vehicle nicely and the bikes are secured well. i'd recommend
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
593 posts
338 upvotes
Markham
XSnapSX wrote: if i purchase the 4 bike carrier can i only use 2 bikes and not mount the 2 other carriers? Looking to use it for 2 adult ebikes around 50lbs each. the 2 bike carrier would be overweight..
Thats why i got this, so i have the flexibilty to use it as a 2 bike, or 4 bike when needed.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12110 posts
536 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: if i purchase the 4 bike carrier can i only use 2 bikes and not mount the 2 other carriers? Looking to use it for 2 adult ebikes around 50lbs each. the 2 bike carrier would be overweight..
It sure looks like it from the install video provided above. I quite like the idea - it's often just my wife and I biking, but sometimes we'll bring along others.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6257 posts
1503 upvotes
Fx45 wrote: I own this carrier. It works great for 3 adult mountain bikes + kids bike, and I'm pretty sure that 4th being an adult bike will be fine.

The downside is more aesthetic... The foam will chop easily, I've already had to re paint it with a can of black, and there's no way to lock the bikes to the rack. But at this price it's still worth it vs spending up to $1K
If there's no way to lock the bikes, does it feel secure just sitting on the racks
Jul 4, 2015
30 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If the CCM isn't exactly what you're looking for, this Bell RightUp is a 3-bike platform carrier and is a decent price with surprisingly positive reviews. Just adding if you're looking for something cheaper and 3 bikes is your sweet spot.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LYRIUA0/ref=emc_b_5_t
Aug 13, 2006
961 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
champ91 wrote: If there's no way to lock the bikes, does it feel secure just sitting on the racks
Yeah you just need to make sure you strap it down and push down the frame bar, if done right it's pretty stable even on highways
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.