$29.99: Scotts Ecosense Weed B Gon Ready-To-Use Battery Powered Spray, 5-L

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2021 1:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
289 posts
1036 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Canadian Tire] $29.99: Scotts Ecosense Weed B Gon Ready-To-Use Battery Powered Spray, 5-L

$29.99: Scotts Ecosense Weed B Gon Ready-To-Use Battery Powered Spray, 5-L

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/scot ... c=true#spc
132 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18698 posts
21372 upvotes
GTA
Does this work at all?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5083 posts
6663 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Eco and weed killer doesn't mix.. don't bother..
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18698 posts
21372 upvotes
GTA
darkmagician wrote: No. These are a waste of money, you're not going to kill anything with these half-ass stuff.

Get Killex. I spray this this twice a season and not a single thing grows other then my grass.

https://www.lawnsupplements.ca/products ... oncentrate
I don't care about weeds that much to spray harsh chemicals where my kids and pets play.
Dec 31, 2011
287 posts
347 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
It's good stuff but so overpriced since they know you can't buy it locally. Its dirt cheap in the USA
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
engineered wrote: I don't care about weeds that much to spray harsh chemicals where my kids and pets play.
Do what you want to protect your family, but its safer than you think. Unless your drinking the bottle, there is very low toxicity and low risk when applied right. There is no danger to human with the small amount you use to control your lawn, dont play into the nanny state narrative.

https://financialpost.com/opinion/quebe ... -to-humans
Last edited by darkmagician on May 25th, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short make it long
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9273 posts
7383 upvotes
Kitchener
My wife keeps buying it and I keep telling her to stop it!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
xjesterxx wrote: $20 shipping........
I use to get it from here: https://lawnproducts.ca/products/killex-1l-concentrate but they stopped shipping to ontario. You can ship to an friend out of province and then have them send it to you.
cy wrote: Would I be able to use this around trees and not harm it?
I would advise using lower dosage around trees
Last edited by darkmagician on May 25th, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2250 posts
703 upvotes
GTA
Gypsy613 wrote: All the big box stores are out of the Killex and the link you shared is double the MSRP
You wont be able to buy it at any big box store as its banned ontario. Its unfortunately because the ban only made this harder to get thus more expensive. But IMO it still worth it. I had a 1000 sqft lawn and one bottle last me 3 years.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
289 posts
1036 upvotes
Calgary, AB
After watching the instructions and reviews on YouTube, looks like it needs to be used during warm dry days and don't water for 2 days at least after the application. This thing does work.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2016
1031 posts
858 upvotes
GTA, ontario
"Battery Powered Spray", "Weed B Gon"...
from an environmental point of view this is so rekt on so many levels.
are we that stupid and lazy now that we can't even manually pump the poison on our lawns?
chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
buy BTC + hold BTC (cold storage pls) = relax
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
Americans have it so damn easy with the lawn Chemicals they can use VS in Canada.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10293 posts
10478 upvotes
Toronto
Buyers beware, this stuff doesn't work.

None of the herbicides you can buy in any of the big box stores work.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18698 posts
21372 upvotes
GTA
darkmagician wrote: Do what you want to protect your family, but its safer than you think. Unless your drinking the bottle, there is very low toxicity and low risk when applied right. There is no danger to human with the small amount you use to control your lawn, dont play into the nanny state narrative.

https://financialpost.com/opinion/quebe ... -to-humans
Like I said, I don't care about my lawn to go though the hassle to get stronger stuff. I mostly just want my grass to be healthy, and use a manual weed removal tool. Perfection is impossible, especially with my rear neighbour and the park a couple housed down, that are 70% dandelions.

Well, looks like we are eating it, lol
"In 2010, Dow published that it had created genetically modified soybeans made resistant to 2,4-D by insertion of a bacterial aryloxyalkanoate dioxygenase gene, aad1.[66][67][68]:1 Dow intended it to be used as an alternative or complement to Roundup Ready crops due to the increasing prevalence of glyphosate-resistant weeds.[69]
As of April 2014, genetically modified maize and soybeans resistant to 2,4-D and glyphosate have been approved in Canada.[21] In September 2014, the USDA also approved Dow's maize and soybeans, and in October, the EPA registered the "Enlist Duo" herbicide containing 2,4-D and glyphosate.[20][67][70] "

Yea, that article didn't age well. They go on to point out that BPA isn't banned in EU and USA, but a couple years later it was. Not sure I would trust anything from DOW without extensive testing. But yea, there is no evidence it causes cancer. Looks like fertility may be affected though.
"Men who work with 2,4-D are at risk for abnormally shaped sperm and thus fertility problems; the risk depends on the amount and duration of exposure and other personal factors"
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18698 posts
21372 upvotes
GTA
Anikiri wrote: Buyers beware, this stuff doesn't work.

None of the herbicides you can buy in any of the big box stores work.
People in this thread saying they got good results. Were they just using higher concentrations? Many also said they had bad results.
scotts-ecosense-weed-b-gon-892182/5/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)