Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Canadian Tire] 30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 12:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1633 posts
258 upvotes
Teuthras wrote: PSA: if you don't already know you can get this free with a Triangle WE Mastercard if you qualify for it (Minimum $80k personal or $150k household income), otherwise good deal!
Do you get the roadside assistance for as long as you have Triangle WE Mastercard, or is it for only a year? Thanks
Sep 14, 2018
130 posts
138 upvotes
So fwiw, I use my mom's caa without issue. If something comes up, I call her, she calls them and gives her account number and they come out. Never once have they checked id to see if I was the cardholder. I don't think the towtruck drivers really care tbh
Oct 7, 2007
274 posts
72 upvotes
Rider Nation
Is this towing only to CDN TIRE service centres or can you direct the tow to your own preferable shop for service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7511 posts
978 upvotes
GTA
gowings wrote: Is this towing only to CDN TIRE service centres or can you direct the tow to your own preferable shop for service.
It is 5 tows to the location of your choice within 250 km. Tows to Canadian Tire don't count against your limit so if for some reason you wanted to be towed there it wouldn't count towards your limit of 5
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Mar 5, 2005
374 posts
47 upvotes
wildzero wrote: It a feature of the card, so it shouldn't be an issue. Worse case, just sign-up for the Elite and once approved cancel your other card.
Are the free and discounted oil changes still available if you sign-up through the credit card?
Thanks
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
715 upvotes
brghunter wrote: EVERY roadside assistance program does this, none have their own tow truck fleet. Towing companies and owner/operators have contracts with several programs concurrently. Plus, they all provide direct-to-customer service. There are plenty of stories of 2+ hour waits for [insert provider name here].
Bit late to the party but BCAA has their own fleet of tow trucks in the major (BC) cities.
Nov 23, 2017
226 posts
347 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Teuthras wrote: PSA: if you don't already know you can get this free with a Triangle WE Mastercard if you qualify for it (Minimum $80k personal or $150k household income), otherwise good deal!
If my husband and I have 2 vehicles between us, do we need to apply for 2 separate credit cards to get coverage on both cars?

Or are there joint applications for 2 driver or 2 vehicle situations?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1941 posts
1931 upvotes
RoadRunner wrote: Are the free and discounted oil changes still available if you sign-up through the credit card?
Thanks
Yes. They aren't advertised, but I still keep getting them each year in the mail.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1941 posts
1931 upvotes
dayofthedeb wrote: If my husband and I have 2 vehicles between us, do we need to apply for 2 separate credit cards to get coverage on both cars?

Or are there joint applications for 2 driver or 2 vehicle situations?
I signed up for 2 separate cards for that same reason.
Mar 2, 2008
973 posts
1345 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
fremmy wrote: Bit late to the party but BCAA has their own fleet of tow trucks in the major (BC) cities.
Have a source for that info?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1015 posts
142 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: I found the below post from this THREAD. Person was able to apply the 50% discount (last year’s deal) to the secondary car but only received one set of coupons.

It seems their CSRs are inconsistent with applying these offers from early renewals to secondary memberships.
Called today to see if I can add my vehicle now that it surpass 100k and is no longer under the manufacturer roadside assistance, but the rep told me the secondary vehicle would be considered already at the discounted price of $69...so no further discount.

Wondering if I should just apply for the WE CC for me and get the BF price for my wife's as usual
Jun 10, 2003
658 posts
90 upvotes
Halifax
There got apprived for the credit card but I never got an email or any kind of notice, I had to call to find out. Anyone in the Halifax area want some oil change coupons? I have no need for them.
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
715 upvotes
brghunter wrote: Have a source for that info?
Seeing them driving around/parked at the BCAA lot.