Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Canadian Tire] 30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 12:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2216 posts
1244 upvotes
Ontario
najibs wrote:
Yes, $48.97 for an extra car/driver. CLick the main link on the first page and you'll see it listed there.
humansoul wrote: The second driver was discounted? Earlier this week, they wanted to charge me $69 for the second/car.
Clueless CSRs. Also, when calling in, some people were able to renew weeks earlier with this offer and some were denied.

Also last year a person said his secondary membership did not get the free and discounted oil change and car wash coupons. YMMV. So he cancelled and bought 2 separate Gold Plans instead. But they were only $50 each last year.

I updated the OP with the cost for the Secondary Membership.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2843 posts
574 upvotes
Ajax
Teuthras wrote: PSA: if you don't already know you can get this free with a Triangle WE Mastercard if you qualify for it (Minimum $80k personal or $150k household income), otherwise good deal!
Xxxxxxx ridiculous household income
Jun 26, 2017
41 posts
3 upvotes
Just bought 1 from Canadian tire used my 22 ct money also activated on my ct app an offer where i need to make a 75 dollar purchase to get 15 dollar ct money
So after all discount its cost me 35 or somthing plus tax
Mar 24, 2016
338 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Housetable wrote: Just bought 1 from Canadian tire used my 22 ct money also activated on my ct app an offer where i need to make a 75 dollar purchase to get 15 dollar ct money
So after all discount its cost me 35 or somthing plus tax
is the 15 dollar ct money a new offer?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6378 posts
833 upvotes
Ottawa
FAQ states you can use it after 24hrs? Is that full access? Screenshots indicate 72hrs.
Jan 26, 2017
51 posts
8 upvotes
In for one, my BCAA membership recently expired and couldnt pass up on this deal. Essentially the same benefits but cheaper!
Jun 26, 2017
41 posts
3 upvotes
15 dollar ct money offer under triangle app under offers section you just need to activate it then spend 75 in store only to get 15 ct money back
Jun 1, 2013
106 posts
59 upvotes
I renewed for 70+49. Not as great as 50+35 last year but still the best offer around IMO
Aug 14, 2019
784 posts
373 upvotes
jbrah1 wrote: In for one, my BCAA membership recently expired and couldnt pass up on this deal. Essentially the same benefits but cheaper!
Not quite There's many perks with BCAA that go beyond roadside assistance.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11087 posts
2481 upvotes
Kingston
Housetable wrote: 15 dollar ct money offer under triangle app under offers section you just need to activate it then spend 75 in store only to get 15 ct money back
Just opened the CT app and there is a $30 CT money for $120 spend which will work great if someone is buying for 2 people > $119 (need a dollar of filler I guess!)

Just tried to do purchase online and the Roadside Assistance checkout is separate from the rest of CT so I guess I'll have to purchase instore and grab something for $2.

Actually, is it possible to purchase the second person added to a plan in-store? Any ideas on how to use this offer that needs a $120 spend?
Aug 23, 2001
302 posts
297 upvotes
NS
FYI, ordering online activates the plan immediately.

EDIT: Thanks to those that pointed out you can choose the activation date online.
Last edited by Mailliw on Dec 1st, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2216 posts
1244 upvotes
Ontario
Mailliw wrote: FYI, ordering online activates the plan immediately.
I’ve always purchased the package in store and then activate it when my renewal is due in May.

Also, purchasing in store will allow you to pay with discounted GCs as well as use any app offers. I have a new spend $125 get $25 eCT$ app offer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7511 posts
978 upvotes
GTA
Mailliw wrote: FYI, ordering online activates the plan immediately.
I purchased it online but set the activation date to December 2 when our current one expires. There is that option online if you don't want to activate right away but it does say the date selected has to be within 6 months.

Oddly the person on the phone told me she could not do this. She said she would have to cancel and renew today so we'd lose a few days so I said I'd do it online where they had the option... I know they can do it on the phone but it seems the service you get varies greatly
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
JWL wrote: Just opened the CT app and there is a $30 CT money for $120 spend which will work great if someone is buying for 2 people > $119 (need a dollar of filler I guess!)

Just tried to do purchase online and the Roadside Assistance checkout is separate from the rest of CT so I guess I'll have to purchase instore and grab something for $2.

Actually, is it possible to purchase the second person added to a plan in-store? Any ideas on how to use this offer that needs a $120 spend?
Just created an account on CT Triangle App but don't see any offer. I guess this applies to people who have been using the Triangle Card and accumulating points?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2216 posts
1244 upvotes
Ontario
Bleachway wrote: Just created an account on CT Triangle App but don't see any offer. I guess this applies to people who have been using the Triangle Card and accumulating points?
Some offers seem to be based on past purchases, some are not.