Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Canadian Tire] 30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 12:40 pm
Member
May 7, 2017
258 posts
110 upvotes
I called in to renew and was told my gold plan is under the WE Mastercard. I dont have the WE credit card though.......
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 18, 2005
11086 posts
2478 upvotes
Kingston
Bleachway wrote: Just created an account on CT Triangle App but don't see any offer. I guess this applies to people who have been using the Triangle Card and accumulating points?
Offers vary by person. Others were mentioning $15 in CT money for a $75 purchase but I don't see that one.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7511 posts
977 upvotes
GTA
Ginzasix wrote: I called in to renew and was told my gold plan is under the WE Mastercard. I dont have the WE credit card though.......
I got odd information when I called in too. First that they couldn't let me buy on the phone and not start the membership immediately. And second that the membership was mine and not my husband's... I did buy it for him last year with a credit card in my name but the membership was a member plan for him only. I had the card in front of me with his name on it but the rep said the membership was mine and not his... We haven't had to use the service but this info on the phone made me wonder what might happen if we did.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Member
Aug 14, 2004
246 posts
131 upvotes
Burnaby
Got this the last 4 years and never really used it. How much is a tow anyways? Seems like it's just better to wait for something bad to happen. Tried using it the first year got keys locked inside.. waited 2 hrs.. no show. Was able to take transit go home and back with spare key.. and still they weren't there.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 6, 2005
7181 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
fable wrote: Got this the last 4 years and never really used it. How much is a tow anyways? Seems like it's just better to wait for something bad to happen. Tried using it the first year got keys locked inside.. waited 2 hrs.. no show. Was able to take transit go home and back with spare key.. and still they weren't there.
It costed me $330 just for one tow out of my condo garage to the shop of my choice...better for the peace of mind
Heat 43-0-0
Member
Jan 13, 2008
473 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
fable wrote: Got this the last 4 years and never really used it. How much is a tow anyways? Seems like it's just better to wait for something bad to happen. Tried using it the first year got keys locked inside.. waited 2 hrs.. no show. Was able to take transit go home and back with spare key.. and still they weren't there.
I look at it as paying for an insurance. Hopefully I don't need to use it. It's good to have if you travel a lot and/or have an unreliable car.

In any case, CT offers "on-demand" roadside assistance also. Lockout service is $70. Towing varies with distance, but they only tow to a CT service location (max 50 km).

https://roadsideassistance.canadiantire ... assistance
Member
May 7, 2017
258 posts
110 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: I got odd information when I called in too. First that they couldn't let me buy on the phone and not start the membership immediately. And second that the membership was mine and not my husband's... I did buy it for him last year with a credit card in my name but the membership was a member plan for him only. I had the card in front of me with his name on it but the rep said the membership was mine and not his... We haven't had to use the service but this info on the phone made me wonder what might happen if we did.
So weird! I ended up getting this anyway because I dont want something to happen and then they tell me I dont have a plan with them. I signed up online.
Member
May 7, 2017
258 posts
110 upvotes
fable wrote: Got this the last 4 years and never really used it. How much is a tow anyways? Seems like it's just better to wait for something bad to happen. Tried using it the first year got keys locked inside.. waited 2 hrs.. no show. Was able to take transit go home and back with spare key.. and still they weren't there.
I haven't used them for a tow before. But I have used them a few times for tire change. I was told a tire change would be around $75. So just one service will help get the money back.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2012
52 posts
5 upvotes
Halifax, NS
How can you buy this for someone else as a gift?
Member
May 7, 2017
258 posts
110 upvotes
hal1161 wrote: How can you buy this for someone else as a gift?
Probably have to get the gold plan card at a CT store?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1264 posts
1814 upvotes
Signed up last Black Friday at 50% off and forgot about it. Surprised to see a 195$ charge this AM on my card.
Never received any renewal notification and am not sure how they arrived at 195$ (it would either be 99$ or 69$ x 2)

Keep a heads up on any auto-renewals folks
Member
Jul 3, 2007
232 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
For Cyber Monday, it is 30% off of all plans (Silver and Gold, including Family Plans), not just the Gold member/vehicle plan. However, the Secondary member is no longer discounted.

edyee
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1995 posts
2169 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Expired in store, still active until tonight midnight
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2009
114 posts
215 upvotes
Did anyone that bought the gold plan get the membership package with the coupons in the mail yet?

Top