Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 1:35 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 10, 2018
237 posts
41 upvotes
My CAA membership is about to expire in December. How good is this compared to CAA?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2013 posts
2178 upvotes
Toronto, ON
binarynumber wrote: My CAA membership is about to expire in December. How good is this compared to CAA?
- It covers the car not the driver (CAA). Anyone driving your vehicle can call their service up to get help - works great for us as we have one car/multiple drivers. Whereas CAA covers only account holder/spouse, regardless of whose vehicle you are driving. Can call service for any vehicle you are using but holder/spouse has to be there.
- Unlimited towing to Canadian Tire (so if you use any of your max tows, you can still tow to a Canadian Tire)
- I believe same km towing and same number of tows as CAA, but not sure haven't seen CAA's terms since signing up to Canadian Tire 3 years ago
Feb 10, 2018
237 posts
41 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: - It covers the car not the driver (CAA). Anyone driving your vehicle can call their service up to get help - works great for us as we have one car/multiple drivers. Whereas CAA covers only account holder/spouse, regardless of whose vehicle you are driving. Can call service for any vehicle you are using but holder/spouse has to be there.
- Unlimited towing to Canadian Tire (so if you use any of your max tows, you can still tow to a Canadian Tire)
- I believe same km towing and same number of tows as CAA, but not sure haven't seen CAA's terms since signing up to Canadian Tire 3 years ago
So I won't be able to call CAA for anyone else other than me? Interesting. Even though I would like to stick to CAA but renewal is quite expensive as compared to this offer :(
Last edited by binarynumber on Nov 13th, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5516 posts
3096 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote: - It covers the car not the driver (CAA). Anyone driving your vehicle can call their service up to get help - works great for us as we have one car/multiple drivers. Whereas CAA covers only account holder/spouse, regardless of whose vehicle you are driving. Can call service for any vehicle you are using but holder/spouse has to be there.
You can now (since 2018 for non CC users) choose to cover the car or the driver.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Mar 13, 2018
124 posts
77 upvotes
I called for a tow last month and they told me 45mins.

Had to cancel the call after waiting 7 hours.
Feb 10, 2018
237 posts
41 upvotes
BeaverLiquor wrote: You can now (since 2018) choose to cover the car or the driver.
With that now mentioned, is it better or equivalent to CAA?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3577 posts
3197 upvotes
Muskoka
Dreamrider wrote: personal experience.
last time I called CT Roadside to get a jump start, I waited 2+ hours for tow truck to come by.
They source out local towing companies and CT Roadside customers are at lowest of their priorities.
I guess it's better than nothing.

...ahh... Personal Experience
Needed a tow last winter. Called CdnTire roadside. Took about 30mins or so. Yes they sub contract. But on the drive back he told me that CAA and CdnTire are class A and the others (eg CarDealerships, gold/platinum Credit card plan) were a pain. He said they get more $ per visit with CAA and CdnTire and get paid on time. This is in an area where there are only private operators.
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5516 posts
3096 upvotes
Toronto
binarynumber wrote: With that now mentioned, is it better or equivalent to CAA?
For towing, I think CAA has a slight advantage (CAA will reimburse you if you call for a tow but are forced to use another tow company, not sure about CT).

Only used CT once and it was a non peak time (not a first snow/snow storm), took about 45 minutes for a flatbed.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
May 7, 2010
715 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Mine is up this week and I was hoping for another sale. If it still comes with the oil change coupons then it is still a solid deal.
Oct 11, 2012
168 posts
96 upvotes
At $20.00 more, I’ll be passing. I found their customer service people to be rather marginal.
Feb 10, 2018
237 posts
41 upvotes
I was hoping for a CAA renewal sale to happen but I don't think they do that often.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3670 posts
2257 upvotes
Ontario
vonblock wrote: Nooooooooooooo

The 50% off November tradition is over.

What am i gonna do....

Hope the free oil change and 50% off oil change coupon are still there (where i live, the mechanic are competent enough to change my oil)
lmao.... If you want free oil change ask any sane person here for their coupon... No one in their right mind will let their car into Canadian Tire Garage.
---
Jun 10, 2019
17 posts
56 upvotes
BeaverLiquor wrote: For towing, I think CAA has a slight advantage (CAA will reimburse you if you call for a tow but are forced to use another tow company, not sure about CT).

Only used CT once and it was a non peak time (not a first snow/snow storm), took about 45 minutes for a flatbed.
Yes they will reimburse you "Up to two hundred and fifty Canadian dollars ($250 CDN), inclusive of applicable taxes, per Service Call."
Nov 12, 2014
230 posts
178 upvotes
Brampton, ON
brghunter wrote: EVERY roadside assistance program does this, none have their own tow truck fleet. Towing companies and owner/operators have contracts with several programs concurrently. Plus, they all provide direct-to-customer service. There are plenty of stories of 2+ hour waits for [insert provider name here].
Just sharing my story - I had a better experience last week when my battery bailed out on me. I have a pregnant wife and it was kinda a panic situation. These guys came up in ten minutes (they were called extreme Towing) and jump started the car. I guess location and time and number of incidents in parallel also matter.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4454 posts
1934 upvotes
Toronto
F was waiting for the 50% off :( it never came
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎