Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 1:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4526 posts
2484 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
kanechart wrote: lmao.... If you want free oil change ask any sane person here for their coupon... No one in their right mind will let their car into Canadian Tire Garage.
Where i live, in a small town, the mechanic are old dude and quite competent for an oil change.

Got about a dozen oil change, never had any problem.
Last edited by vonblock on Nov 13th, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 16, 2018
704 posts
796 upvotes
Hamilton
I get Gold Roadside with my Triangle World Elite, but CAA has some extra features that are still pretty worthwhile. For example, if you're a biker, you can also use them for assistance with a flat tire.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2003
1440 posts
196 upvotes
ownthesky wrote: I get Gold Roadside with my Triangle World Elite, but CAA has some extra features that are still pretty worthwhile. For example, if you're a biker, you can also use them for assistance with a flat tire.
That seems like a good deal as the card has no annual fee and Gold member plan is $99 a year (regular pricing). Did they somehow verify the minimum income required to obtain the card?
Apr 29, 2014
933 posts
281 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I just called customer service and review for $79.04 including taxes. I told him I saw promo posted on a forum.

My renewal date is 19th Nov 2019 and he said it will take effective as of that date.
Jun 7, 2019
38 posts
58 upvotes
putty wrote: That seems like a good deal as the card has no annual fee and Gold member plan is $99 a year (regular pricing). Did they somehow verify the minimum income required to obtain the card?
From experience, it’s a soft pull on your credit file I believe.
Aug 12, 2010
683 posts
497 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Gold Plan is 30% off for Black Friday Nov 28 to Dec 1, 2019. Looks like 30% off may be the norm unfortunately.

So obviously not as good as the 50% off during previous Black Fridays.

This is advertised in the new Nov 15-21 flyer.
So my current plan expires Nov 28, they called me on Oct 28 to renew at full price. I called them about this and got told no full price unless I want another plan to start?
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2299 posts
1466 upvotes
Ontario
geoffs wrote: So my current plan expires Nov 28, they called me on Oct 28 to renew at full price. I called them about this and got told no full price unless I want another plan to start?
I’ve been renewing (as has others on this forum) using the 50% off Black Friday offer for the last 3-4 years.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13562 posts
3657 upvotes
GTA
andrewlo wrote: I called for a tow last month and they told me 45mins.

Had to cancel the call after waiting 7 hours.
Sadly, I had an even worse experience when I needed a tow.
Nov 22, 2010
85 posts
76 upvotes
Just sell the free oil change 20$ on Kijiji instead of putting it in the trash
Feb 14, 2008
285 posts
138 upvotes
I've had only great experiences with this roadside service. I wonder if they'll discount the family plan.. Its the only one that is worth it imo as it covers all family members and not just select individual cars. Every tow I have called so far has been prompt and accurate to their ETA.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3391 posts
557 upvotes
GTA
Thaid wrote: I've had only great experiences with this roadside service. I wonder if they'll discount the family plan.. Its the only one that is worth it imo as it covers all family members and not just select individual cars. Every tow I have called so far has been prompt and accurate to their ETA.
Don’t need that. The tow people don’t even care to check ID. You can use a family member’s as long as you have the card.

I needed a tow once. Used my sister’s card and name (lol).
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3464 posts
1747 upvotes
Waterloo
What's the best option to get coverage for husband/wife + 1 vehicle each? CT? CAA? Something else?
Apr 7, 2019
692 posts
845 upvotes
Does it come with free oil change coupons?
May 29, 2008
243 posts
390 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Thanks OP. Like many others, I've been churning the 50% off for several years. I like how they give you the option of car or driver for coverage. Over the last couple of years, the wife and I have used them many times for tow and dead batteries. Wait times have been quick. Here in Halifax they use several different tow companies, never had a bad experience. I'm disappointed that the 50% off has gone, but at 30% off, I'll still renew.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2299 posts
1466 upvotes
Ontario
mr2711 wrote: Does it come with free oil change coupons?
It should. I received a 2nd set of coupons as recently as a few weeks ago. The 1st one they sent had relatively short expiry dates. So this year I got 2 free oil change and $19.99 oil change coupons. Plus the $5 car wash coupons too.

Like @vonblock , my local CT store has decent workers for tires and oil change. I know the mgrs for many years. I still prefer to go back to the dealer for any mechanical problems though.
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: Thanks OP. Like many others, I've been churning the 50% off for several years. I like how they give you the option of car or driver for coverage. Over the last couple of years, the wife and I have used them many times for tow and dead batteries. Wait times have been quick. Here in Halifax they use several different tow companies, never had a bad experience. I'm disappointed that the 50% off has gone, but at 30% off, I'll still renew.
I’ll still renew as well. Don’t want to pay $130? for CAA for 1 person.