Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Canadian Tire] 30% off Canadian Tire Gold Roadside Assistance $70 Primary or $119 with Secondary

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 12:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2065 posts
1035 upvotes
Ontario
Dealfiber wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 11:32 am
Does anyone know when is next Red Thursday or similar event of CT?

I am planning to purchase winter tires from CT. Will sign up for the CT credit card at that time and get the gold membership for free,
I suspect it’ll be next Thu 11/21 since last year’s Red Thu sale was 11/22-11/25.
Oct 23, 2011
61 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
I just found out that my car insurance includes roadside assistance..... My brother in-law told me to check. I have no idea how good it is.. I am tempted to deflate one of my tires and call to see if it really works.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7392 posts
845 upvotes
GTA
We have this for my husband's vehicle as mine is covered right now by dealership roadside assistance.

Regarding the Elite credit card, if I was to get the card could I designate my husband's vehicle as the covered vehicle? He doesn't like credit cards so the card would be in my name
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jun 10, 2003
631 posts
71 upvotes
Halifax
I might just sign up for the credit card now that there is no more 50%. I really only need it in case I pull up to a charging station that doesn't work and I am stranded.
Nov 7, 2007
467 posts
172 upvotes
Mine is expiring on Nov 20th. I called in today and they had no problem renewing at the lower rate. Maybe call again.
_jaspeh_ wrote:
Nov 14th, 2019 1:23 pm
Mine is expiring Nov 21st. I called to try to renew with the Black Friday deal and she said she cannot do it yet. She said she could renew at full price, and then I call back on Black Friday and they would refund the difference.
I opted not to do it and I'll just renew on the 28th when the special is live. No winter tires on yet, so not like I'm driving anywhere anyways Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 22, 2019
396 posts
345 upvotes
binarynumber wrote:
Nov 13th, 2019 8:14 pm
My CAA membership is about to expire in December. How good is this compared to CAA?

CAA is AWESOME. Quick, efficient service. And the card holder is covered so you can help out anyone when you're there.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1173 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
snowcat99 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 2:14 pm
I just found out that my car insurance includes roadside assistance..... My brother in-law told me to check. I have no idea how good it is.. I am tempted to deflate one of my tires and call to see if it really works.
t'es pas game
Mar 7, 2011
243 posts
308 upvotes
Does anyway have experience with TD CBI roadside? I am solely relying on it at this point.
Oct 21, 2019
28 posts
16 upvotes
Applied for the WE credit card. I have good credit. I put 80K. Application is PENDING. Usually I am always instantly approved.
Nov 12, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
Not so easy or possible. Ive had my CT world card for prob 2 decades now, very good standing. When they changed over to Triangle, I wanted the gold for more points. The promo girl in the store said I had to apply again, wh i fd odd, but filled out everything again. Months later I got letter saying to call them when the rude CSR sd I had to wait for invitation to get gold, I cldnt apply. Again many months later, I tried again & was told again since i already had the world card, i cldnt apply again. No body asked to verify my income wh qualified. Seems like if I never had the card then I cld apply for the gold. Not trying anymore.
Jun 10, 2003
631 posts
71 upvotes
Halifax
Ps4pro458 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2019 10:56 am
Applied for the WE credit card. I have good credit. I put 80K. Application is PENDING. Usually I am always instantly approved.
Same here, make enough and my credit score is quite high but I also got pending. Maybe they can tell I only want the roadside assistance lol
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1713 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
Noob question but I just want to make sure that I'm understanding the terminology. For the Silver member plan, it says secondary members will cost $37.95 / year. Does this mean my wife will have her own membership that she can use for her car or whatever car she's in? I assume yes. This is what it sounds like to me.

Also, what is everybody signing up for? Silver only offers 10 km. 10 km is not that far and I would prefer to be towed to my own mechanic's garage. I guess I would need Gold then.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2065 posts
1035 upvotes
Ontario
ds2chan wrote:
Nov 17th, 2019 7:58 pm
Noob question but I just want to make sure that I'm understanding the terminology. For the Silver member plan, it says secondary members will cost $37.95 / year. Does this mean my wife will have her own membership that she can use for her car or whatever car she's in? I assume yes. This is what it sounds like to me.

Also, what is everybody signing up for? Silver only offers 10 km. 10 km is not that far and I would prefer to be towed to my own mechanic's garage. I guess I would need Gold then.
Wife would be covered regardless of the vehicle she’s in if you choose the member based plan

Gold is what everyone has been getting the last 3-4 years of this deal.

I only ever needed one primary membership but I’m guessing the 30% discount applies to both primary and secondary memberships.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1032 posts
236 upvotes
Montreal
instanoodles wrote:
Nov 17th, 2019 9:43 am
Same here, make enough and my credit score is quite high but I also got pending. Maybe they can tell I only want the roadside assistance lol
My understanding is that all online applications will get a pending status while in store will most of the time get instant approval.

Well, according to what I saw in the other related threads.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1084 posts
190 upvotes
mine expires on nov 24 and this deal starts the 28th. how should I play the renewal to get this deal? thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)