• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 5:21 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
337 posts
372 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

[Canadian Tire] $39.99 Leatherman REV™ Multi-Tool

Warm deal if you want a basic brand named multi tool with a lifetime warranty.
Starts this Friday. Check your flyer.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/leat ... p.html#srp
19 replies
Nov 20, 2017
140 posts
131 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:08 pm
Not lifetime unless you only live 25 yrs from the time of purchase.

"We've got your back with our 25-year limited warranty. Leatherman."
Good observation, but I challenge anyone here to find a tool they discovered a legit manufacturer defect in after 24 years.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9832 posts
1597 upvotes
Kinda like roof shingles. “25 year warranty “ haha such bullshit. In 10 years they’ll blame it on the installer.

I’m curious to see if anyone has ever taken up a product manufacturer on warranty
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20001 posts
1818 upvotes
YUL
aquariaguy wrote: Kinda like roof shingles. “25 year warranty “ haha such bullshit. In 10 years they’ll blame it on the installer.

I’m curious to see if anyone has ever taken up a product manufacturer on warranty
Leather man is a standup company. Ive heard multiple stories of excellent service. I’ve heard a story about a man who forgot his Leatherman in his bag as he was going through airport security, security caught it and told him he could take it in because of the knife. He deliberately broke the knife off so they’d allow him to take it on, and once he got to his destination, he sent it to Leatherman and they sent him a replacement tool at no charge.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7079 posts
3221 upvotes
ON
aquariaguy wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:36 pm
Kinda like roof shingles. “25 year warranty “ haha such bullshit. In 10 years they’ll blame it on the installer.

I sued Trojan for my last child. They're paying for his college now ...
Dec 23, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
I found a broken Leatherman camping a couple years ago. Sent off an email to them and had a new one in a week, no questions asked. Excellent customer service, hopefully it's still the same way.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12772 posts
3414 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:36 pm

Many manufacturers will give you the runaround but Leatherman has always fixed their stuff, no questions asked. Their service is A1.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12772 posts
3414 upvotes
Toronto
I collect Leathermans and the Rev is not the best model. I question whether it's worth $40. Most people should wait for a sale on the Leatherman Wave or Rebar, those are the two best EDC models.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12772 posts
3414 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:08 pm
Not lifetime unless you only live 25 yrs from the time of purchase.

"We've got your back with our 25-year limited warranty. Leatherman."
Most people will lose this tool long, long before the 25 year thing becomes an issue. Ask any tradesperson who loses 2-3 Leathermans a year, due to loss or job site theft.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
337 posts
372 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
They do honor their lifetime warranty.
I snapped the file on my leatherman micro which was about 25 years.
I Sent it in with a note.
Since this model had been discontinued they sent me a current equivalent Leatherman--Kick.
Great company.

"Lifetime" means different things.
I tried to claim lifetime on a cracked Italian bike frame [Bianchi]
The company rep response was: "... lifetime means the lifetime of the bike frame. After serving you for 20 years it has given you a lifetime of service. "
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7079 posts
3221 upvotes
ON
badger11 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 10:54 am
They do honor their lifetime warranty.
I snapped the file on my leatherman micro which was about 25 years.
I Sent it in with a note.
Since this model had been discontinued they sent me a current equivalent Leatherman--Kick.
Great company.

"Lifetime" means different things.
I tried to claim lifetime on a cracked Italian bike frame [Bianchi]
The company rep response was: "... lifetime means the lifetime of the bike frame. After serving you for 20 years it has given you a lifetime of service. "
Yeah ok man, whatever floats your boat !
I am not doubting they have excellent customer service and at their discretion they might honor it even after expiry but their site very clearly states 25 years,yet you're here still beating a dead horse.
You win, enjoy "your" lifetime warranty !!!
May 4, 2001
24 posts
23 upvotes
If you're in the market for a multi-tool for camping or fishing Cabelas has a multi-tool (about 4 inches in length) for $4.99. Way cheaper than the CT multi-tool and if you loose it it's no big loss. Not a replacement for a good knife, pliers, scissors, or screwdriver but handy for hiking, biking, camping or fishing.
Last edited by wilson on Jun 13th, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.