Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] $49.99 Mastercraft 7.5A Impact Wrench, 1/2-in

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 8:13 pm
Nov 15, 2015
15 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
Also bought this quite some time ago and have changed many tires from summer to winters and vise-versa. Super handy and gives you reassurance that the bolts and rims are flush with the rotors. (Before having this I had a situation where I had the wheel not flush with the rotors and therefore stripped the wheel stud... not fun)

Yes it is bulky and heavy, but I mean if your changing tires... the tires are 10x heavier lol

Would definitely buy again
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2251 posts
317 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've owned this one for many years, we actually had it replaced under warranty once - can't recall why though. It's been a solid tool in the garage.
Jan 24, 2009
454 posts
98 upvotes
Regina
vkrasov wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:57 pm
Does the wrench have the torque limit, or do you apply the full force to lugnuts?
I have a torque wrench.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2240 posts
467 upvotes
I bought slightly smaller / lower amp version of this impact wrench for tire swap outs, and it's been great. Makes taking lugnuts off a breeze just like in the Indy 500. This one looks bigger than mine, but mine was about $40 a while back. It is a little bulky still in tight spots, but it did remove the wheel hub lug off with no problems during a wheel hub change I did. Very handy!
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Mar 24, 2011
101 posts
48 upvotes
Shuswap-Revelstoke
Like many others in this thread, I bought this impact wrench at this price, and it's great for tire changeovers. I still 'feel-test' the torque with a tire iron. I don't trust the impact driver completely.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2240 posts
467 upvotes
Definitely get a 1/2" torque wrench when on sale for tightening lugnuts back on. You can set them to 100 lbs or whatever your car's specification is. Just use the impact wrench for removing nuts.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!