Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] 58" Sharp 4k Roku Smart TV 2160p 60Hz - $419.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2020 12:12 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14236 posts
14979 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Seems like a decent 5-series competitor though by competitor it's really an alternative since you can't buy a 5-series here.

Fixed that for 'ya ;) Buying a low-rent 1080p TV doesn't make too much sense these days as a cheap 4K is not much more.
If you can wait until Back to School, you'll be treated to a few pandemic TV gems.

Late June through August.

As for the panel-in-(almost)-every-room ethos. This has been my low level dream for 10 years, it'll happen by 2025. This is called living your best life.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26583 posts
6880 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: If you can wait until Back to School, you'll be treated to a few pandemic TV gems.
Well I don't really need any more TVs myself, definitely a thought for others.
redflagdealsguy wrote: As for the panel-in-(almost)-every-room ethos. This has been my low level dream for 10 years, it'll happen by 2025. This is called living your best life.
Well I got a 40" or larger TV in every bedroom right now, plus my main living room TV, plus another one in the den, so I only really have kitchens and bathrooms left to go :lol: I mean could easily just buy some cheapo 4-series/similar sets to fill them or kijiji 1080p gems for cheap (though the asking prices for things have gone through the roof on there now :rolleyes: ), but lol definitely not gonna start putting TVs in bathrooms. Kitchen, the way mine is there's really no practical place for a TV anyway. If I really wanted I have a few 20-24" monitors that could be mounted somewhere in there but wouldn't really use it anyway. I actually thought about the garage as I spend some amount of time in there but nah I'm usually working on a car so music is fine enough, no need for distracting TV in there.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14236 posts
14979 upvotes
You're not wrong, @ES_Revenge.

The 2025 wait is not a budget issue, just a basic smart home integration goal.

As I replaced eat-pray-love with eat-work-sleep, priorities changed. Thus the 'low-level' goal.

I do enjoy tech-helping others when I'm bored however.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26583 posts
6880 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You're not wrong, @ES_Revenge.

The 2025 wait is not a budget issue, just a basic smart home integration goal.
I was thinking of building one of them "smart mirrors" though it seems like a lot of effort for something you're gonna just use your phone for anyway. I dunno though maybe other people will use it more. I see lots of people using Google Assistant and what not to "ask questions" to their phone and stuff but I prefer to just actually use my phone to type in what I'm searching for. I think the "talking to your phone/tv/watch/etc." thing is just weird and lame but maybe it's just me.
redflagdealsguy wrote: As I replaced eat-pray-love with eat-work-sleep, priorities changed. Thus the 'low-level' goal.

I do enjoy tech-helping others when I'm bored however.
Speaking of that, I'm back to work and doing like 10-12hr days now so way less time for this place! :lol:
May 8, 2013
538 posts
505 upvotes
London
Always looking for the comments from these 2 above . :D
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1731 posts
1346 upvotes
Waterloo
anyone picked one up yet? my local CT still has all of them and i guess ppl aren't really buying
Sep 7, 2003
631 posts
217 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote: anyone picked one up yet? my local CT still has all of them and i guess ppl aren't really buying
I thought about it but am sticking with the 58 Hisense from Costco ($449). It's the 2020 version of this set and the 5 year warranty was only $30 more.
Dec 10, 2012
327 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
I would never buy a TV from Canadian Tire... Bad support and return policy. Especially when Costco has a similar item for a similar price
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6782 posts
6378 upvotes
The Prairies
ohaidare wrote: Yeah sorry my friend, seems like my stores (Niagara Region of Ontario) have a bunch of stock. 4/5 stores have quite a few units available according to the site.
Update:
Was telling a buddy at work about this deal, and showed him the TV on CT website, and thought I’d check the stock levels of my local CT stores again, just for the hell of it, and found a couple stores with stock!
Not sure if they deliberately set their stock to 0 previously for this particular sale, or if they just happened to receive new stock, but I was happy to get my hands on one.
My coworker wanted one as well, so I picked one up for him too.
He’s currently using a 40”, so it’s quite the upgrade for him.
Thanks again OP for the heads up!
May 29, 2017
313 posts
122 upvotes
Canada
Anyone got one yet? Want to know what your opinions are.
Aug 7, 2012
56 posts
83 upvotes
I got one (had some Canadian tire money to spend), it works exactly the same as our Hisense.

You'll be happy with it for the price.
Images
  • MVIMG_20200605_103206.jpg
[OP]
Dec 10, 2019
9 posts
15 upvotes
Yeah I just bought one and the whole back of my local store was filled with those boxes. 50+ in stock according to the site.

Picked one up on Friday and overall pretty happy, heard some less than great things about the built in Roku interface but so far so good (knock on wood).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6782 posts
6378 upvotes
The Prairies
Samshares wrote: Anyone got one yet? Want to know what your opinions are.
It’s making a great rec room television for my PS4

6111654E-1AC0-47A9-BAE0-303E7082BD18.jpeg

I’m happy with it so far.
Hopefully if it does decide to crap out, it does so within the 2 year warranty period!
May 29, 2017
313 posts
122 upvotes
Canada
Which Costco one you guys talking about for $449? I am not seeing it.
Last edited by Samshares on Jun 6th, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.