• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2019 9:31 am
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
394 posts
477 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

[Canadian Tire] $59.99 Mastercraft 1/2" Torque Wrench

Warm Deal especially if you are just starting to change your own wheels/tires.
When Princess Auto has their version sale it is about $10 cheaper.
I've used this wrench 2x year for for 20 years and it has worked perfectly for me.

For torquing smaller projects the 3/8" drive is also on sale for $54.99 <-not for automobile wheel bolts.
I've used for checking components on carbon bikes.
NOTE: Limited to 250 INCH lbs or 0-20.8 Foot/Lbs.
31 replies
Apr 7, 2008
137 posts
55 upvotes
Coming up at $139.99 at my store. Looks like a YMMV deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2293 posts
583 upvotes
Montreal
I guess it is indeed a YMMV since mine is also 139.99
Feb 23, 2017
353 posts
430 upvotes
Came up as 59.99 yesterday but is showing 139.99 today. Deal dead perhaps?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2293 posts
583 upvotes
Montreal
it's actually displaying 59.99 now
Nov 5, 2018
328 posts
278 upvotes
Keep in mind the warranty isn't life time for their torque wrenches anymore. My maximum mastercraft actaully went bad and I had to replace it. They still honoured it as it was the old model, but they gave ma dewalt one to replace the lifetime warranty
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11730 posts
3099 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: +1, that's the better deal.
Online for my store, it is showing $199.99 still, but in store, it's $59.99. Should take a picture of the signage. I had the wrench itself (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#srp) and it worked great for the one time I used it. I returned it, as you couldn't even see I had used it, after I had bought this set. I had bought the wrench itself 3 weeks ago when it was on for $69.99.
I don't even think I need 250 Ft lbs, but can't beat this deal at $60 if you can find it.

My receipt
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
966 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
It's not worth $59. the NAPA one is better quality and cheaper. The Cnd Tire one is grossly inaccurate as tested by my mechanic friend against a pro calibrated wrench.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11730 posts
3099 upvotes
RSole wrote: It's not worth $59. the NAPA one is better quality and cheaper. The Cnd Tire one is grossly inaccurate as tested by my mechanic friend against a pro calibrated wrench.
Not sure about OP's but the one I linked, the Maximum one, is dead on, after torquing my camper wheels, I tried 3 other wrenches, 2 from Amazon, rated 10-150 and the new one I got from CT and all were the same.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 21, 2011
152 posts
292 upvotes
Summerland, British …
I have the maximum version on this wrench. Found it in the middle of a busy intersection. The case has some scuffs but the wrench is like new!
May 22, 2013
82 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
RSole wrote: It's not worth $59. the NAPA one is better quality and cheaper. The Cnd Tire one is grossly inaccurate as tested by my mechanic friend against a pro calibrated wrench.
Would you know how much it was off, too much torque or not enough?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35617 posts
21673 upvotes
Center of Universe
By?
Jul 19, 2008
28 posts
8 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: Keep in mind the warranty isn't life time for their torque wrenches anymore. My maximum mastercraft actaully went bad and I had to replace it. They still honoured it as it was the old model, but they gave ma dewalt one to replace the lifetime warranty
Which store did you go to? I have a life time warranty one too that is defective and didn't get the same option for replacement.
Nov 5, 2018
328 posts
278 upvotes
Bey0nD wrote: Which store did you go to? I have a life time warranty one too that is defective and didn't get the same option for replacement.
Heartland,

I had to call the mastercraft maximum warranty people as well and have them talk to the CT customer service ppl on my phone
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1683 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Wait for the Maximum verison to go on sale for $50 or $60 with a breaker bar.
Sep 18, 2006
475 posts
48 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: Heartland,

I had to call the mastercraft maximum warranty people as well and have them talk to the CT customer service ppl on my phone
Any chance you have their number still on your phone? I too have an old "lifetime warranty" torque wrench that I bought nearly 10 years ago; same story, went to get it re-calibrated or exchanged, offered their replacement model WITHOUT lifetime warranty. I thought about just a straight swap but decided to weigh out my options. Clearly I'm not one of the "warranty abusers" that the CSR was referring to at the return counter.
Casual Trader
Heatware: 3-0
BMWWW