Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$59.99 Mastercraft 1/2" Torque Wrench

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2019 9:31 am
Nov 15, 2017
348 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
All the back and forth of whose torque wrench is better when 99% percent of the people that use these only use them to toque their wheel lug nuts. You don't need precision for wheel lug nuts, if they recommend 100ft lbs then it makes no difference is you are 2 or 3 ft lbs off. A precise torque wrench would be needed for those few that do engine rebuilds, but then they don't buy these cheap Chinese tools.
Mar 2, 2004
625 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
Most GTA store instore is 79.99 or 89.99 and they wouldn't price match store outside of GTA :(
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
Punira wrote: Most GTA store instore is 79.99 or 89.99 and they wouldn't price match store outside of GTA :(
Check on stocktrack to avoid driving to areas where it doesn't have the price shown by OP
Jul 19, 2008
34 posts
14 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: Heartland,

I had to call the mastercraft maximum warranty people as well and have them talk to the CT customer service ppl on my phone
I checked the DeWalt one and it also only has a one year warranty as well. It sucks that after the exchange, we lose out on the life time warranty (I was just offered the one on sale to exchange for my life time one). Maybe I'll try calling to see what can be done.
Jul 16, 2017
274 posts
300 upvotes
The torque mechanism on mine stopped working after a little more than a year, it now never slips so always over torques. C Tire would not replace.

No, I did not use it as a breaker bar. Yes, I left the torque setting at minimum when it was not being used.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
Just got the Napa one, will pick up in store sometime next week.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Nov 5, 2018
845 posts
1009 upvotes
BMWWW wrote: Any chance you have their number still on your phone? I too have an old "lifetime warranty" torque wrench that I bought nearly 10 years ago; same story, went to get it re-calibrated or exchanged, offered their replacement model WITHOUT lifetime warranty. I thought about just a straight swap but decided to weigh out my options. Clearly I'm not one of the "warranty abusers" that the CSR was referring to at the return counter.
No number man! Sorry. I went to the CSR desk and they gave it to me.

It was quite the process but what they did was refund me the full cost of the wrench on a refund card, and then i purchased a dewalt one, they priced matched the lowest store they could find online in their system and had about 30 bucks left over.
Nov 5, 2018
845 posts
1009 upvotes
archon wrote: The torque mechanism on mine stopped working after a little more than a year, it now never slips so always over torques. C Tire would not replace.

No, I did not use it as a breaker bar. Yes, I left the torque setting at minimum when it was not being used.
See my post above....Unless yours is the new one that only came with 1yr warranty
Jul 16, 2017
274 posts
300 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: See my post above....Unless yours is the new one that only came with 1yr warranty
Yes, they said it had a 1-year warranty, so would not replace.
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
archon wrote: Yes, they said it had a 1-year warranty, so would not replace.
Get creative and return it, a torch wrench shouldn't break after a few years.