Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] 60x total CT Money when you pay with your Triangle WE MC - All Tire & Wheel purchases (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 8:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] 60x total CT Money when you pay with your Triangle WE MC - All Tire & Wheel purchases (YMMV)

YMMV? Received a notification about an Exclusive offer for the CTFS WE card.

Get rolling on this Exclusive Offer.
Collect 60x total CT Money®† when you pay with your Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® on All Tire & Wheel purchases.

Period: July 16 to July 29

Financing available on purchases of $150+ (link)

Value in CTM:
60x = 24%
Every 10x = 4%

Base earn for CTFS WE at CT: 4%
Incremental earn from promo: 20%

† The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Triangle™ Mastercard®, Triangle™ World Mastercard® and Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money®). To collect bonus CT Money you must pay with a Triangle credit card. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Any bonus multiplier is based on the rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 50x bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $20 in CT Money (50 X .4% X 100). The 60x for Triangle Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard customers consists of the 10x everyday plus a 50x bonus. Not all items sold are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Conditions apply. Visit triangle.com for full program rules and Partner location information. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase. Bonus CT Money collected from online orders will be applied to the Member’s Triangle Rewards Account within five weeks of the purchase date. No rainchecks.

* Financing available is “Equal payments, no interest” for 24 months (unless otherwise stated) and is only available on request, on approved credit and on purchases of $150 (unless otherwise stated) or more (Gift Cards excluded) made with your Triangle credit card at Canadian Tire. Interest does not accrue during the period of the plan. However, if we do not receive the full minimum due on a statement within 59 days of the date of that statement, or any event of default (other than a payment default) occurs under your Cardmember Agreement, all special payment plans on your account will terminate and (i) you will then be charged interest on the balances outstanding on such plans at the applicable regular annual rate from the day after the date of your next statement, and (ii) the balances outstanding will form part of the balance due on that statement. There is no administration fee charged for entering into a special payments plan. Each month during an equal payments plan you are required to pay in full by the due date that month’s equal payments plan instalment. Any unpaid portion not received by the due date will no longer form part of the equal payments plan and interest will accrue on that amount from the day after the date of your next statement at the applicable regular annual rate. Offer subject to change without notice.
Thread Summary
Normal CT Money earned: 10x (or 4%) <- would get this normally without the promotion
Bonus CT money earned; 50x (or 20%) <- the promotional bonus
Total CT money earned: 60x (or 24%) <- as advertised by the promotion
solo. wrote: Remember to stack on with the Service Credit of $100 CT Money on $250+ spend at Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre!
canadian-tire-collect-100-ct-money-250- ... #p32785050
44 replies
Mar 31, 2019
14 posts
16 upvotes
Same card, not received yet. upvote anyway,
Dec 26, 2017
360 posts
230 upvotes
i was at the cash register yesterday about to pay for my tires because i received x25 points, when i checked and saw a 60x one i asked the cashier to hold on and will purchase later because of this offer

do we have to buy tires AND wheels or just tires ?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1062 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver
Showed up on my email too. Pretty good timing to grab a set. Anyone have success trying to pricematch with places like quattrotires or I assume that won't work? Also anyone in Vancouver know if the Richmond or Vancouver Canadian tire is any good for auto repair?
Dec 6, 2017
870 posts
432 upvotes
Manitoba
Received the same offer. Now contemplating on grabbing the Enkei rims with shot tires I saw on sale and slap on brand new rubber as a summer set.
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20010 posts
2827 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tried to look for wheels for my car, they have the wrong size, couldn't figure out how to manually enter my size. Going to have to go down to a crappy tire store and talk with a tech I guess.
Aug 24, 2019
143 posts
108 upvotes
I am new to triangle rewards. Can anyone please explain how OP concluded the following? Even a basic conversion explanation would be helpful. I have a Triangle WE credit card

Value in CTM:
60x = 24% <—— not sure how 60xCT offer becomes 24% cashback
Every 10x = 4% <— not sure why there is a 10x offer.

Base earn for CTFS WE at CT: 4% <—this makes sense
Incremental earn from promo: 20% <— not sure how
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes
HawaiianGate wrote: I am new to triangle rewards. Can anyone please explain how OP concluded the following? Even a basic conversion explanation would be helpful. I have a Triangle WE credit card

Value in CTM:
60x = 24% <—— not sure how 60xCT offer becomes 24% cashback
Every 10x = 4% <— not sure why there is a 10x offer.

Base earn for CTFS WE at CT: 4% <—this makes sense
Incremental earn from promo: 20% <— not sure how
Hi there,

This is one of the common questions about the Triangle program as their point system is very... not intuitive.

The numbers were calculated based on the example in fine print below:
CT wrote: Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 50x bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $20 in CT Money (50 X .4% X 100). The 60x for Triangle Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard customers consists of the 10x everyday plus a 50x bonus.
Using their logic, $20 bonus on $100 translates to 20%. The 10x everyday is 4% (i.e. the part that makes sense).

CT says you receive 60x total CT money, and this includes the 10x you normally earn. I separated the incremental earn from promo as 20% because to say the promo is for 24% is a bit misleading since you would earn 4% in the absence of the promo.

Hope this clarifies.
Aug 24, 2019
143 posts
108 upvotes
Presents wrote: Hi there,

This is one of the common questions about the Triangle program as their point system is very... not intuitive.

The numbers were calculated based on the example in fine print below:

Using their logic, $20 bonus on $100 translates to 20%. The 10x everyday is 4% (i.e. the part that makes sense).

CT says you receive 60x total CT money, and this includes the 10x you normally earn. I separated the incremental earn from promo as 20% because to say the promo is for 24% is a bit misleading since you would earn 4% in the absence of the promo.

Hope this clarifies.
Thank you so much for taking the time out to explain it in so much detail. It makes a lot more sense now. :)
Mar 6, 2013
295 posts
108 upvotes
These inflated Triangle 60x, 30x multiples really disappoint when you are used to 20x multiple from PC/Shoppers.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6634 posts
323 upvotes
Are there any decent tires on sale or reasonably priced at Canadian Tire?
Dec 26, 2017
360 posts
230 upvotes
can someone confirm its tires OR wheels and not both at the same time to get this deal?
Dec 25, 2012
17 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
Is this a targeted offer? I don't see it for myself. I see a spend $100+ and get $35 or spend $250 and get $100.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20010 posts
2827 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Benzat17 wrote: can someone confirm its tires OR wheels and not both at the same time to get this deal?
The add says "All Tires & Wheels" so it should be separate. The last time I got this offer before winter and did it for my wifes car, I was able to purchase just tires.