Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$69.99 Black and Decker 20V Li-ion Drill Driver 100 piece Project Kit

Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7059 posts
5165 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] $69.99 Black and Decker 20V Li-ion Drill Driver 100 piece Project Kit

Saw this at my local Canadian Tire.

Amazon (3C) says it hasn't gone below $100

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/blac ... 3199p.html

Any thoughts or avoid Black and Decker for this kind of stuff?
11 replies
May 9, 2015
16 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Seems like a good deal but I'm confused since no replies. Can I use this to change tires?
Nov 22, 2006
558 posts
471 upvotes
Trois-Rivières
Punnyabrata wrote: Seems like a good deal but I'm confused since no replies. Can I use this to change tires?
No. What you're looking for is an impact wrench. This is a drill.
Sep 7, 2022
168 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
The first thing I would ask you is what is your expectations for using the tool. I’ve been surprised my some of the cheaper brands and what they can do.

This is a basic drill, the main thing you have to understand is your buying into a battery system. If you choose to expand your system you either have to own multiple brands and the batteries that go with each or stick with one brand and their platform.

If you are in a budget and this is for light duty use, it may serve you well. The bits are not going to be high quality and you won’t use them all. You are generally better off buying the bits based on need and buy two when you need them, this is a good way to build a kit.

If you are a home owner and use power tools very little. Then this would work, not my choice but it would still work.

If you looking to expand your options and keep your prices down, Princess Auto has released a new line of their own cordless line. I know nothing about them but the promo right now is ever tool is coming with a free battery. Their satisfaction and warranty are pretty good in general.

The other option may be Ryobi. Huge platform of tools, all one style of battery, deals can be had during holidays and special events.

Really comes down to the amount you see yourself using it. I was once told when I was young and I was cursing the tool while I was fixing something, the mechanic tapped me on my back and said “the tool has no brains.” Took me a bit to figure it out, still holds true 22 years later.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
Sep 26, 2010
107 posts
61 upvotes
as a home owner this set has served me very well over the last 6 years. the only complaint is with the ratcheting screwdriver as its ratcheting functionality broke a while back
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6371 posts
1730 upvotes
posse wrote: as a home owner this set has served me very well over the last 6 years. the only complaint is with the ratcheting screwdriver as its ratcheting functionality broke a while back
Mine is busted as well.

I end up buying one from homedepot. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1001017709

It was on sale before Covid iirc 15?

Kit like this is good for first home owner and condo folks. Small projects and stuff
Jun 23, 2015
54 posts
84 upvotes
Niagara Falls
For the price point, and for how long it lasted me. I think this is a great deal for anyone who needs something for around the house. I've had it for 6+ years, not a single problem with it. Unlike most, the screwdriver still works perfectly fine for me. For a bargain banger, 10/10

I received this as a gift for as a house warming, was I ever thankful when putting things together.
Jan 16, 2008
192 posts
49 upvotes
Amazing entry point for cordless. Do it if it gets you in quickly, it can change your life.

I've had the drill since very early on, probably first gen li-ion. At least 12 years? Well used the first few years. Battery still holds charge and is always ready even though it's my emergency at my parents' house over the last near decade. I only charge it once every couple of years and use it a handful of times/year.

Love it, but even as an amateur noticed that the chuck doesn't spin true, it wobbles off axis a bit. It will comfortably outlast most home projects. A room's worth of furniture yes, but not a day of framing or deck building.

If less price sensitive, rfd has all of the bases covered. Double the price and go brushless. Research the tool ecosystems.

If you don't feel like reading for hours about battery compatibility now and months monitoring sales, this even includes basic accessories to save another trip to the store.

Even if you do invest in a different ecosystem later, this will be a good secondary - second floor, dedicated Phillips screw bit/drywall drill bit/countersinking bit to reduce changeover time when drill/driving, garage, computer room, work, truck, whatever.
Last edited by eh_ch on Jun 3rd, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
DealsJedi wrote: For the price point, and for how long it lasted me. I think this is a great deal for anyone who needs something for around the house. I've had it for 6+ years, not a single problem with it. Unlike most, the screwdriver still works perfectly fine for me. For a bargain banger, 10/10

I received this as a gift for as a house warming, was I ever thankful when putting things together.
Impressive!
Curious, how many times in 6yr of "oh shit...batt low" ?

I got a $10 Mastercraft and the exact same $20 Black & Decker but both with Nic-Cad. Both unreliable with low batt cond when needed.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2305 posts
2721 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Knarfon wrote: No. What you're looking for is an impact wrench. This is a drill.
I use a hex to 1/2 impact adapter with by B&D drill.
Needs breaker bar and torque wrench to loosen/tighten. But it can handle everything in-between.

Torque wrench should be used regardless for hitting the car's specs.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1617 upvotes
Ontario
Not worth it. Ryobi platform is the minimum people should be buying
Jan 16, 2008
192 posts
49 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: Impressive!
Curious, how many times in 6yr of "oh shit...batt low" ?

I got a $10 Mastercraft and the exact same $20 Black & Decker but both with Nic-Cad. Both unreliable with low batt cond when needed.
Mine has been ready every single time I've needed it over 12 years. I've added emphasis to my post.

The chemistry is the key. I also have the same NiCd MC one, I also have the same experience. Remember nEverready batteries lol? Same deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)