Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

$8.88 T-Fal 10" Viva Maple Leaf Red Frying Pan / $11.99 T-Fal 12" Grey

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 10:41 pm
Aug 14, 2013
215 posts
150 upvotes
CALGARY
This frying pan discussion is more heated than my frying pan was when I made breakfast this morning.
May 18, 2018
751 posts
777 upvotes
Honestly not worth the money, i bought a couple of these cheap-o T-Fals and they're scratching up like crazy. I don't even use metal utensils when I'm frying in these pans, I use wood or silicone and it is crazy how many scratches showed up in a matter of 2-3 months. I'm guessing the wooden spatulas are harder than the coating inside of this pan.

I'm definitely buying something of better quality next time.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17331 posts
4724 upvotes
thx OP..order one...need one to fry egg
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3558 posts
4104 upvotes
Whatever you do, don't buy online for in-store pickup. I've been waiting 2 weeks to get my email that my order is ready for pick-up, with all the 3 items I ordered already being in stock at that location. They are really behind due to employee shortages (who likely refuse to come back for p/t-casual wage while they can collect CERB). Can't say I blame them.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1404 posts
1237 upvotes
I've had one of the made in France T-Fal non-stick frying pans for more than 12 years. It's been used a lot and held up well but the handle is starting to crack now.
Aug 6, 2019
126 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
Haven't had issues with T-fal non-sticks. They seem to last, although would like a bigger one
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
929 upvotes
Everywhere
ronak137 wrote: This frying pan discussion is more heated than my frying pan was when I made breakfast this morning.
you better hope so, since non stick pans shouldn't be used with high heat.
Mar 30, 2015
43 posts
137 upvotes
Dildo, NL
ronak137 wrote: This frying pan discussion is more heated than my frying pan was when I made breakfast this morning.
I am not sure if you are referring to my spat with the other guy/gal. It just really gets to me that there are so many people who have unrealistic association of good value/deal with cheap prices.
I used to be SumTingWong, but admin says there is something wrong with SumTingWong. So now I am underwhelming. Just like how I am in bed.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
SumTingWong wrote: Do you really think at $8.88 it matters whether it's Made in China or Made in France?
Depends if you want to get poisoned or not.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1173 posts
730 upvotes
Markham
hagbard wrote: Depends if you want to get poisoned or not.
It doesn't matter either way.
You will get poisoned if the Teflon degrades above 500F whether it is made in China or France.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Expliciate wrote: It doesn't matter either way.
You will get poisoned if the Teflon degrades above 500F whether it is made in China or France.
True, but as a general rule, if you don't want to be poisoned, don't buy stuff from China if you can avoid it.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
SumTingWong wrote: Though discount depth and good deal is some times correlated, they are not one and the same.

With your pedigree as a Deal Fanatic, it's underwhelming how little understanding of pricing you have.
You can't be that gullible... (It's directly correlated with post count on RFD...on any topic, not just "deals")

This T-Fal Character pan in France, from France is going for about CAD24 over there...guess I was expecting too much from $8.88.
https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offer/b ... gKKCfD_BwE

Or here, it dropped down to $20 on Amazon.ca:
https://keepa.com/#!product/6-B01E3JK6IO

But you're right, $20 (recorded) is too much over $8.88 to even "ask" about if it's made in France. So, between the the two, let me know where it becomes an intelligent question. You are just full of insults, post after post.

tfal.PNG
Last edited by chatbox on Jun 3rd, 2020 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5249 posts
7740 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I would recommend you get this set if you're looking for an entire set of pots and pans and have a Costco membership for $270:
costco-270-anolon-nouvelle-copper-10-pi ... y-2379182/

People worrying about pans from China need to be worrying about food instead, like tea. Almost all tea cultivation uses a tonne of pesticides.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2211 posts
2002 upvotes
Ontario
thelasthunter wrote: Whatever you do, don't buy online for in-store pickup. I've been waiting 2 weeks to get my email that my order is ready for pick-up, with all the 3 items I ordered already being in stock at that location. They are really behind due to employee shortages (who likely refuse to come back for p/t-casual wage while they can collect CERB). Can't say I blame them.
Yeah... it took them two weeks to locate a battery in their automotive department that an employee told me the previous day (before stores were closed) that they had plenty of stock of. My sister also made an online order and it took them about 1-2 weeks to tell her to come pick it up. She waited in the parking lot for about half an hour before they called her back saying they couldn't find it. I'd imagine they'd have it set aside ready to go before they called you in to pick it up, but they're entire in-store pickup operation is a disaster.
Virgin Plus ($35/20GB for 15 months)
Jul 28, 2013
109 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
hagbard wrote: True, but as a general rule, if you don't want to be poisoned, don't buy stuff from China if you can avoid it.
Could you provide any source that we would get poisoned if this was made from China please? If you had the source, you should forward it to Canadian Tire and Canadian Tire could recall.
Nov 21, 2006
667 posts
455 upvotes
When you cook stay away from plastics and "made in china"
Jul 11, 2009
832 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
you guys are giving me second thoughts about being poisoned using my first iphone i just got in last black friday freedom F&F sale (guess where its made?)

as a general rule, don't believe any advertised sale on t-fal from crappy tire. their 50% off "sale" prices every 2 weeks are absolute normal everyday prices at walmart. serious.