• Apr 23rd, 2019 8:20 am
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Trader Score: 0

Canadian Tire 804.81$ refund cards **make me an offer**

Selling two refund cards (one of 500$ and one of 304.81$). Expiry date of those two cards is November 27th 2019.

I returned a Dyson product and they refused to refund me and only accepted refund cards because I opened the box and used the item (ridiculous return policy).

Only serious offers please! Please note that refund cards cannot be used for gas!

Thanks
Last edited by Caps1983 on Dec 20th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
23 replies
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Good if you are planning to purchase new tires!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8714 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 18 (95% Positive)
Are these gift cards as your title says, or something else. If it's not GC but something else (don't know what "refund" card is) then you should change the title. GCs don't have expiry date, and you can buy something less than the GC value, until it's used up.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13562 posts
3656 upvotes
GTA
Trader Score: 23 (100% Positive)
Arrgh wrote: Are these gift cards as your title says, or something else. If it's not GC but something else (don't know what "refund" card is) then you should change the title. GCs don't have expiry date, and you can buy something less than the GC value, until it's used up.
And possibly can't be used on gas....
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
They are exactly like gift cards and you don’t have to use it all at once. Since CanTire doesn’t refund an opened product (I learned the hard way) they accepted a refund on what they call a refund card which is exactly like a gift card however they expire in 12 months. So instead of refunding my credit card for an item I didn’t want anymore they refunded it on a store card (gift card) but it says refund card on it.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
RolandCouch wrote: And possibly can't be used on gas....
Customer service assured me it can be used exactly like a gift card because it’s technically a gift card.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2814 posts
1626 upvotes
Caps1983 wrote: Customer service assured me it can be used exactly like a gift card because it’s technically a gift card.
These cannot be used for gas. The gas bar is not associated with the store when it comes to refund cards.
Got that Fido Account!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8714 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 18 (95% Positive)
riseagainstthemachine wrote: These cannot be used for gas. The gas bar is not associated with the store when it comes to refund cards.
So it's like the "promo" cards they have. OP you need to change the title. These are not gift cards. GCs do not have expiry, and can be used for gas. I might have been interested if these can be used for gas, but not now.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1948 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
Trader Score: 6 (100% Positive)
it is a credit note/merchandise credit

you have 1 year to use the money on it before it expires....but if you are you coming close to the expiry...all you do is go buy something to use it all up...then come back and return it all...they will issue you a new refund card (which expires 1 year from the day they issued it).
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Arrgh wrote: So it's like the "promo" cards they have. OP you need to change the title. These are not gift cards. GCs do not have expiry, and can be used for gas. I might have been interested if these can be used for gas, but not now.
I changed the title.
Thanks for the info. CS rep told me it could be used for gas....oh well.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
pardnme wrote: it is a credit note/merchandise credit

you have 1 year to use the money on it before it expires....but if you are you coming close to the expiry...all you do is go buy something to use it all up...then come back and return it all...they will issue you a new refund card (which expires 1 year from the day they issued it).
At this point what I will try to do is buy something at the same price, not open the product and return it a few days later and tell them it was purchased on a gift card so I want the refund on a gift card and not a refund card. i don't think they will know if it was bought using a gift card or refund card.
May 8, 2002
805 posts
132 upvotes
Trader Score: 18 (100% Positive)
Caps1983 wrote: At this point what I will try to do is buy something at the same price, not open the product and return it a few days later and tell them it was purchased on a gift card so I want the refund on a gift card and not a refund card. i don't think they will know if it was bought using a gift card or refund card.
I am curious if your strategy will work. I bought something with a Canadian Tire GC and I had a change of heart so I returned the unopened package. The local Canadian Tire store gave me a refund card (which basically has an expiry date). I told them it was not right that they effectively turned my non-expiring gift card to an expiring gift card (i.e refund card). They basically said that was their store policy so I had to deal with it. Lucky for me the value of the gift/refund card was minimal so I eventually used it up on other Canadian Tire sold items. I don't know if the local Canadian Tire's store policy has changed wrt to refunding payment with like payment (gift card -> gift card) or what I received (gift card -> refund/expiring card).
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
The Kid wrote: I am curious if your strategy will work. I bought something with a Canadian Tire GC and I had a change of heart so I returned the unopened package. The local Canadian Tire store gave me a refund card (which basically has an expiry date). I told them it was not right that they effectively turned my non-expiring gift card to an expiring gift card (i.e refund card). They basically said that was their store policy so I had to deal with it. Lucky for me the value of the gift/refund card was minimal so I eventually used it up on other Canadian Tire sold items. I don't know if the local Canadian Tire's store policy has changed wrt to refunding payment with like payment (gift card -> gift card) or what I received (gift card -> refund/expiring card).
There goes my idea lol
I’ll try it and see what happens. Can’t believe how Canadian Tire has these weird return policies. Never would of had an issue with other big box stores.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2814 posts
1626 upvotes
Caps1983 wrote: There goes my idea lol
I’ll try it and see what happens. Can’t believe how Canadian Tire has these weird return policies. Never would of had an issue with other big box stores.
canadian tire literally has the worst customer service and return policy. just be thankful that you got a refund at all and sell this as a refund card. for sure someone is buying a high ticket item and can use this.
Got that Fido Account!
[OP]
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
riseagainstthemachine wrote: canadian tire literally has the worst customer service and return policy. just be thankful that you got a refund at all and sell this as a refund card. for sure someone is buying a high ticket item and can use this.
Yeah exactly what I was planning to do. I’m going to sell them as refund cards. I’m sure there must be someone who needs to make a big purchase at CanTire.