Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

$99 signup bonus for Triangle credit card (one of the best remaining perks amongst "no fee" cards)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2021 1:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2917 posts
2832 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] $99 signup bonus for Triangle credit card (one of the best remaining perks amongst "no fee" cards)

Usual bonus is $25, sometimes going up to $75, and now it is $99:

Note that CT has three credit cards:

- Canadian Tire Mastercard
- Canadian Tire World Mastercard
- Canadian Tier World Elite Mastercard

The World Elite card (if you get qualified for it) is generally considered to be one of (if not "the") best credit card for most people right now, especially with other World Elite cards changing requirements (yearly min spend). Highlights:

- 3% CT moneyback on grocery! (excludes Costco and Walmart)
- 5-7 cents CT moneyback on gas! (at Husky and CT stations)
- 4% CT moneyback at CT brand stores
- 1% CT moneyback on everything else, INCLUDING BILL PAYMENTS! see: pay-your-bills-online-using-canadian-ti ... t-1149989/
- "Gold" Road assistance!
- Car rental insurance
- No annual fee!

Use this link to signup: https://triangle.com/99CTMoney
Note that it will start off as an application for the regular (non-World Elite) card, but it will prompt you with an offer to switch to World Elite if you meet the qualifying criteria

Last edited by SomeGuyNamedBob on Sep 13th, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Thread Summary
Thatdealguy

Working link:

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/cre ... FS99_21337
*BONUS OFFER EXPIRES: within 30 days of approval of the Triangle credit card. The Triangle credit cards are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money®). Terms and conditions apply to collecting and redeeming. Visit triangle.com for more information. This offer applies on approval for the Triangle Mastercard or Triangle World Elite Mastercard. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon, offer, discount or previous purchases excluding the Canadian Tire Bank 4% everyday offer.11% Bonus Canadian Tire Money will be added to your Triangle Rewards account when the Triangle Mastercard or Triangle World Elite Mastercard is activated and a purchase is made at a Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Mark's, L'Equipeur, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L'Entrepot du Hockey or participating Sports Experts stores before the offer expiry date. Purchases at Canadian Tire gas bars are not eligible for this offer. Bonus Canadian Tire Money can be redeemed on any eligible future purchases provided your account is in good standing. Valid in-store only. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase. The 11% CT Money bonus will appear on your Triangle Rewards account within 5 days.
475 replies
Oct 27, 2016
83 posts
131 upvotes
NB
A no brainer for anyone who wants roadside assistance and auto-collect Canadian tire points. Worth it even without this promo if you can get world elite.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4996 posts
974 upvotes
this was surprising for me it made its way into my wallet. The CT rewards on gas stations and roadside assistance is great. not to mention the paying of taxes etc.

just wish CT was run more like a Walmart with groceries and a better return policy.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7252 posts
7932 upvotes
Toronto
akz wrote: this was surprising for me it made its way into my wallet. The CT rewards on gas stations and roadside assistance is great. not to mention the paying of taxes etc.

just wish CT was run more like a Walmart with groceries and a better return policy.
They tried selling groceries awhile back

Canadian Tire tries selling groceries

Canadian Tire backing away from food
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2005 posts
1107 upvotes
Just to add:

CTFS is very strict on upgrading cards. You cannot get upgraded because of good standing/merit compared to other card companies.

I never bothered upgrading for the WE but I asked way back and they were adamant on meeting the conditions despite my good score.
Mar 13, 2006
176 posts
139 upvotes
Is the link for the regular CT mastercard or the world elite? I'm not seeing the option for World Elite with the $99 promo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2917 posts
2832 upvotes
This may be the World Elite signup link with the $99 promo -- needs to be confirmed:

Code: Select all

https://mastercard.triangle.com/content/dsa/en.html?cardType=OMZ&pcid=ct054&utm_source=canadiantire&utm_medium=flyer&utm_campaign=acquisition&utm_content=99offer
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2066 posts
938 upvotes
Antarctica
I don't see how this is one of the best if I try to avoid CT due to their poor customer service? They also don't carry a lot of things.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2595 posts
391 upvotes
Burnaby
could I apply the CT World Elite Mastercard online directly? just tried a little bit but the website said it's for applying the first one only.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Jan 11, 2009
598 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email saying they will cancel my card if I don't use it in the next 60 days. Haven't used it in the last 6 months.
Just an FYI for the others
Apr 17, 2015
590 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For the world elite.."You must be currently employed or retired and have a minimum personal income of $80,000." How can you be retired with an income of $80k+?

Also, do they check if you meet that income level? Surprised they don't allow an alternative of household income level like other premium cards.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2917 posts
2832 upvotes
k9fire wrote: For the world elite.."You must be currently employed or retired and have a minimum personal income of $80,000." How can you be retired with an income of $80k+?
Pension? Investment dividends?
Feb 23, 2020
67 posts
96 upvotes
Can someone confirm if you get free shipping at Sportchek with any of the cards? I could not find it stated anywhere.
Nov 24, 2020
334 posts
788 upvotes
MB
What does "Qualifying purchase" mean? You shall make in 30 days.
Any specific amount or what?
Jul 14, 2006
576 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Crichtonfan wrote: I don't see how this is one of the best if I try to avoid CT due to their poor customer service? They also don't carry a lot of things.
One of the best because it's 1% cashback on everything. You can use their portal to do bill payments for 1% CB.
Apparently, it works for OSAP payments as well. Imagine 1% CB on your tuition Astonished Face. I missed out on that.

You're right though, their customer service is terrible. I showed up with my WE card to do a refund without a receipt (as they advertised this as a perk).
- Once, the rep at the counter refused to give me a refund without a receipt. Had to get a manager involved and even the manager wasn't happy about scanning my card and looking for the purchase.
- Another time, i found out if you purchase auto parts with a core fee, you MUST keep your receipt/invoice to get the core charge back.
Basically, that advertised perk of refunds without a receipt causes more headaches so I keep my receipts now.

Otherwise, the card itself is great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2917 posts
2832 upvotes
Hauntednsk wrote: What does "Qualifying purchase" mean? You shall make in 30 days.
Any specific amount or what?
No minimum spend, has to be at a CT store (or online)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2066 posts
938 upvotes
Antarctica
SBGoose wrote: One of the best because it's 1% cashback on everything. You can use their portal to do bill payments for 1% CB.
Apparently, it works for OSAP payments as well. Imagine 1% CB on your tuition Astonished Face. I missed out on that.

You're right though, their customer service is terrible. I showed up with my WE card to do a refund without a receipt (as they advertised this as a perk).
- Once, the rep at the counter refused to give me a refund without a receipt. Had to get a manager involved and even the manager wasn't happy about scanning my card and looking for the purchase.
- Another time, i found out if you purchase auto parts with a core fee, you MUST keep your receipt/invoice to get the core charge back.
Basically, that advertised perk of refunds without a receipt causes more headaches so I keep my receipts now.

Otherwise, the card itself is great.
Thanks. Is the 1% cash back also CT money? Since I don't shop a lot at CT the cash back wouldn't be of much use to me, unless it can be converted into a statement credit / credit cheque etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2595 posts
391 upvotes
Burnaby
Hi OP, it's strange why unable to see the same promotion from the website? also when click on the link https://triangle.com/99CTMoney, it will be redirected to application page for the default card. how could I confirm I could get the $99 credit after submitting the online application?
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

watthead, Revvd