Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] All-Purpose Grass Seed (half off) for $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 2:58 pm
Sep 26, 2018
44 posts
47 upvotes
Regardless of the quality, your better off paying 20-25 for a larger bag of scotts from costco.
Vancouver Web Design: http://raize.ca
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4430 posts
16758 upvotes
TORONTO
raizedeals wrote: Regardless of the quality, your better off paying 20-25 for a larger bag of scotts from costco.
Or your local garden stores. Go for the bags that have less of the annual grasses and more of the perennial.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2073 posts
2116 upvotes
Whatever you do, do not buy online from Crappy Tire as they are backed up big time right now. Been waiting for my pick-up order for 2 weeks, on stuff they already have in that store location. I ordered online just before the stores opened up and because I wanted to try the Triangle 0% interest, 24 equal monthly payment offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1956 posts
2084 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any good deals on soil? Don't need much but an average large flowering pot size
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1956 posts
2084 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thelasthunter wrote: Whatever you do, do not buy online from Crappy Tire as they are backed up big time right now. Been waiting for my pick-up order for 2 weeks, on stuff they already have in that store location. I ordered online just before the stores opened up and because I wanted to try the Triangle 0% interest, 24 equal monthly payment offer.
That shouldn't be right. Call the store, there might have been problem or it's just a forgotten order

That's waaaaaay over the even wurst case pick up scenarios
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2073 posts
2116 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: That shouldn't be right. Call the store, there might have been problem or it's just a forgotten order

That's waaaaaay over the even wurst case pick up scenarios

Just called them. They informed me that 2 weeks sounds about right because that is their current backlog of orders. While they couldn't say where I am in the queue they said I should be getting a pick-up email within a day or two. They are facing a serious shortage of employees who'd rather get CERB than come to work for shitty casual hours/pay plus risk getting sick.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3538 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa
Garbage seeds.

Scotts Supreme Grass Seeds ($21.99 for 4kg bag at Costco) or CIL Golfgreen Seed and Fertilizer ($4.99 for 1kg bag at Canadian Tire).

Unfortunately both were unavailable this year ... ended up picking up a 10kg bag of Scott's All Purpose for $49.99 at TSC ... was decent but yesterday hopped into Costco to grab a 3.8kg bag of Scott's Supreme for $24.99 (said Improved Formula on the bag).

Going to mix them together after cutting the lawn later this week and see if it would be better.
16' x 11' Living Room with 11' Cathedral Ceiling with a 55" Vizio wallmounted. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.
Dec 24, 2006
106 posts
4 upvotes
HughZ wrote: Yours is better than mine, at least there are some green. I have worked really hard to get my lawn to the standard, it just wouldn't budge. Seeing all weeds and dying grass, I put new sod three years ago. Since then, I have manually pulled out all the weeds, fertilize twice a year, top seeding, top soil, you name it. But the grass simply would not grow and half my lawn are going brownish.

The thing is that some of my neighbors don't do anything, and the nearby park without much care, but their grass is all thick and happy.

Honestly, I am wondering if I should go with the artificial SOD Crying Face
There might be something underneath your grass/soil (i.e., large rock, plastic sheet, etc.) that is preventing your grass from growing properly. Try the screwdriver test to see if you find anything.