• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 2:45 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2020
66 posts
158 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Canadian Tire] All-Season Tires - MotoMaster SE3 Tire 25% OFF

Just grabbed a set of these tires after doing my research and figured might as well share the deal in case anyone else is in need of a new set of all season tire.

I've been wanting to get a set of Pirelli P4s or Yokohamas, but the price of these was 14$ cheaper than the closest competitor and spring is coming.

UTQG = 620AA (excellent tread rating for the price)
Asymmetric tread (allows you to rotate these tires without having to worry about the orientation)
Made by Cooper in the USA (not Chinese crap)
Comes with the standard canadian tire perks for flats, tread life warranty, free rotations...etc.

If you're in a pinch for a cheap set of all-seasons, you can't go wrong with these IMO. If you want better deals, gotta wait till Sept-October.
33 replies
May 12, 2019
149 posts
195 upvotes
UTQG is not standardized - i.e. a Yokohama AA dry rating may be a A rating from Falken and an AAA from Motomaster. Same goes for the tread wear rating.

From looking at the tread pattern, it looks like a good economy fuel saving tire with average wet weather performance. I don't think the compound is very good though compared to its competitors.
Nov 30, 2019
42 posts
63 upvotes
I had these on my 98 teg and they did the job. Stopping was good in Vancouver rainy weather and I had control in light snow. The treadwear was good as well, still looked fresh after a few years before I sold the car. I recommend them.
Jan 13, 2012
267 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
Had these on a Jetta, performed pretty well, better than I expected. They do wear pretty long, so there is tradeoff in grip, but they handle sitting water quite well.

I'd run 'em again and would recommend them to anyone who needs new tires on a bit of a budget, particularly if you do lots of km's.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1178 posts
126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does CT tires including install? If not how much it cost to install?
[OP]
Feb 22, 2020
66 posts
158 upvotes
Winnipeg
It's 20 bucks a tire for installation & balancing. Since we're still getting at least a snowstorm or 2 here in the Peg, it was too early to put the all-seasons on and I didn't want to miss out on the deal, so I just got the tires, threw them in the trunk and was told I'll still be covered by the warranty as long as I have them installed at any CT location whenever I want.
May 12, 2016
114 posts
154 upvotes
GTA
Can save extra $25 - "Canadian Tire $25 gift card when purchase $125 or more using Masterpass"
May 12, 2016
114 posts
154 upvotes
GTA
cedarleaf wrote: and was told I'll still be covered by the warranty as long as I have them installed at any CT location whenever I want.
They told me the same thing once. When I came to install tires they said I had to install them in 14 days after the purchase.
Jul 23, 2011
330 posts
191 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Ordered 2 from Southdale location for pick up. I had called previously and they said it would be $20-30/tire for balancing and free install. Usually I get my tire change over done at Costco. So I picked them up and the guy was super rude. Said if I didn't get them installed there, there wouldn't be any warranty. Just about returned them, but they're a good price...
Jun 1, 2016
955 posts
1956 upvotes
Doesn't fit my Camry, bummer
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
Sep 4, 2015
230 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
gardarik wrote: Can save extra $25 - "Canadian Tire $25 gift card when purchase $125 or more using Masterpass"
Did that twice at two different CTs a couple of years ago.

As for the tires pretty happy with them and getting lots of use on the highway.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10446 posts
2618 upvotes
Scarberia
any cheap 17inch summer tires? i wanna take advantage of that 25$ masterpass promo x 2...hoping to buy 2 tires each time twice to get 2x25$gcs from same account, i think u can do that

they gottta couple dirt cheap 17inch summer tires but only 1 instock lol,, thats why... 80$ each, others in stock with 4+ are ove 130$ each!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Feb 22, 2020
66 posts
158 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll make sure to have them installed before that
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9477 posts
4200 upvotes
6ix
mikka2017 wrote: any cheap 17inch summer tires? i wanna take advantage of that 25$ masterpass promo x 2...hoping to buy 2 tires each time twice to get 2x25$gcs from same account, i think u can do that

they gottta couple dirt cheap 17inch summer tires but only 1 instock lol,, thats why... 80$ each, others in stock with 4+ are ove 130$ each!
Get China tires if you cheap.
Why would you think it’s dirt cheap?
Buy used tires on Kijiji for your ricer
Koodo $40 8GB