[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2976 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] AutoTrends Gel Seat Cushion $15.99

Hello,

Not as good as the previous $9.99 sale but for those who missed out on that deal and don't have any cushion left on their office chair from all the quarantine gaming/show binging like me, than this is a pretty good deal. Used it for 2 days already and pretty happy with the purchase. Gave new life to my crappy ikea chair.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/auto ... p.html#srp
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 20th, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5713 posts
1062 upvotes
Bought 2 of these last time; one for the car and one for my cheap little office chair with little cushioning. Makes things more comfortable. Definitely no way should that be "regularly" $50. There is a bit of a cooling effect kind of thing and if it is colder outside, it does take some time to soften up but I'm happy I bought it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20962 posts
10474 upvotes
Oakville
Every time these go on sale, my local Canadian Tire mysteriously doesn't have any on the shelves (even though they show as having MANY in stock). Not going to bother dealing with their useless employees (if you can even find one willing to help you) during covid.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5713 posts
1062 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Every time these go on sale, my local Canadian Tire mysteriously doesn't have any on the shelves (even though they show as having MANY in stock). Not going to bother dealing with their useless employees (if you can even find one willing to help you) during covid.
When I bought mine last time, they had probably like 5 on shelf at first. When I went back a day later to get a second one, there were none on the shelf even though it said like 15 on their website. I did need to ask 2 people, one regular CSR and someone at parts to help me find it (parts guy really had to dig to find them), and then he went and put like another 5 on the shelf. I do agree Canadian Tire not the easiest to get help.
Last edited by Canada_7 on Jul 20th, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2545 posts
1182 upvotes
I bought on the last sale. definitely a cheap upgrade for the hyken chair. it's not the "biggest" cushion so it still causes a bit of a pressure point on the thighs but it's definitely better than the rough mesh of the hyken. The cushion does NOT budge on the chair as I originally was concerned about even with wiggling around. The rubberized bottom and the weight keep it stuck on the seat. YMMW if you have cloth or other type chair.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6818 posts
531 upvotes
GT'eh
I also managed to grab 2 as well when then were $9.99 a few months back. Put 1 in my car and surprised and how much more comfortable it was. Had to go to 2 CT's to locate but was worth it. Best 9.99 I ever spent. Might be worth getting now and waiting for a price drop.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Feb 16, 2006
999 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: Every time these go on sale, my local Canadian Tire mysteriously doesn't have any on the shelves (even though they show as having MANY in stock). Not going to bother dealing with their useless employees (if you can even find one willing to help you) during covid.
Save yourself the hassle and buy it online with in-store pick-up. During the inventory picking process, reps check the stock with their price gun, which tells them where it is located, including any secondary locations. If it's not on the shelf, it'll be in the warehouse. This works best if inventory levels are greater than 3 for CT.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20962 posts
10474 upvotes
Oakville
a_souljah wrote: Save yourself the hassle and buy it online with in-store pick-up. During the inventory picking process, reps check the stock with their price gun, which tells them where it is located, including any secondary locations. If it's not on the shelf, it'll be in the warehouse. This works best if inventory levels are greater than 3 for CT.
Yeah, during the last sale, my local CT was reportedly taking 3-4 weeks for instore pickup fulfillment. And then when you got to the store, it was apparently taking an hour or more to actually get your order. I didn't need it that badly. Lol. I might grab one at the new, slightly higher price though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6818 posts
531 upvotes
GT'eh
I'd caution against doing CT in store pick up, id only do it for items less than $50, and only spend what you can afford to lose. I've had a few successful orders go thru, but what ever archaic system they are using creates errors & is hella outdated. My last ISPU was a nightmare, first charged me wrong price, then they tried to charge me twice for the same item, when I got there to pick up, tried to tell me my order was mysteriously cancelled and had the audacity to tell me the items I wanted were in store and I go find them and repurchase them(they basically never pulled the items & this kinda defeats the purpose of in store pick up). I complained and got a store credit in the process. But I am reluctant to shop there.

Only time its really worth using ISPU, is if a sale is ending and you can't make it to the store before they close but item shows stock online, just buy and ship to store that has stock on hand, this lil' trick buys you an extra 2-3 days and if the price goes up by the time you pick up your order, if they have stock the stores will usually honour the price you paid at time of order.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1678 posts
793 upvotes
Mississauga
Picked up a couple of these and initial impressions are good. FWIW, I had a pretty hassle-free ISPU experience. Order was ready quickly and ISPU took barely a minute.