Personal Finance

Canadian Tire Bank migrates deposit account online banking to credit card online system as of Aug 24/21

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2021 10:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2774 posts
2238 upvotes
Winnipeg

Canadian Tire Bank migrates deposit account online banking to credit card online system as of Aug 24/21

I did not see it posted on here, but as of today CTFS Deposit accounts can now be viewed under one log in with your Canadian Tire Mastercard accounts. No more two separate log-ins for deposit accounts and Mastercard accounts.

The old deposit account online banking at https://www.myctfs.com/OnlineBanking/ still works as of today, but you can now migrate the data to include with your credit card log in at https://www.ctfs.com/content/dash/en/public/login.html

When you are in the credit card account click Settings at the top then on the left side near the bottom under online profile settings you will see manage accounts in profile. That will allow you to type in your CTFS deposit account online banking user name and password and then the two profiles will be linked and now you will see your deposit accounts below your Mastercard account on the main page.

Just thought I would share the experience. As of today - Aug 24 I don't see any additional features, and the online bill pay option is still only for credit card accounts (cannot pay using deposit accounts) in case you were wondering, and still no option for E-statements on deposit accounts.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1568 posts
1956 upvotes
There are instructions for the migration on this page. It's different depending on whether you have only a Canadian Tire HISA or you have both a Canadian Tire HISA and a Canadian Tire credit card.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1286 posts
1739 upvotes
I don't have a CT CC so had to create a new profile. I will admit that the new site is visually more pleasing to the eye. The one small irritant is the constant 2FA when logging in even though in the settings it's defaulted to the OFF position.

Edit: Seems to be an issue that occurs with Firefox which initially triggers a popup block when signing in. The 2FA does not get happen when using Edge.
Last edited by flyjazz on Aug 25th, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1568 posts
1956 upvotes
Downsides of the new site compared to the old site:

• The transaction descriptions have less detail. On the old site, one of my transaction descriptions is "Electronic Funds Transfer Out to MOTIVE FINANCIAL ***[last four digits of Motive account number] Reference Number [6-digit reference number]". The description for the same transaction in the new site is merely "Electronic Funds Transfer Out".

• I don't see any place in the new site that displays my full 7-digit customer number. It only ever shows the last three digits, with the first four digits censored. You should jot down your customer number before the old site disappears.

• The old site lets you generate a direct deposit form. I don't see a way to do this in the new site. If you can foresee having a need for this form, you should download it before the old site disappears. This form also displays your institution number, transit number, and account number, which you can't find anywhere else, so you may want to jot these numbers down.

• The old site lets you rename your accounts. I don't see a way to do this in the new site.

• The old site gives you the option to transfer money to another customer number. I don't see this option in the new site.

• The old site lets you buy GICs. I don't see a way to do this in the new site.

• The old site lets you order a paper copy of a previous statement. I don't see a way to do this in the new site.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or are any of these things possible in the new site, and I just haven't found them?
Jan 11, 2008
455 posts
99 upvotes
I'm getting an error saying "Looks like we can’t add your MyCTFS.com account at this time" anyone else had this?
May 18, 2019
933 posts
510 upvotes
KeitaRR wrote: I'm getting an error saying "Looks like we can’t add your MyCTFS.com account at this time" anyone else had this?
Just linked MyCTFS account to my credit card account.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1453 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto, ON
so ... w'happened yesterday?
Dec 26, 2019
726 posts
1255 upvotes
It doesn’t look like the banking functionality has been integrated with the ctfs app.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1473 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KeitaRR wrote: I'm getting an error saying "Looks like we can’t add your MyCTFS.com account at this time" anyone else had this?
I got the same error. Called the number and spent an hour and a half with them but they couldn't figure out what the was wrong. They said they'd escalate the issue and someone would call me in a couple days. It's been several days without a call and I still can't login. Currently waiting on the line again to speak to someone. Hope you were able to get a quicker resolution because this has been incredibly frustrating process.
Jan 11, 2008
455 posts
99 upvotes
sn00ch wrote: I got the same error. Called the number and spent an hour and a half with them but they couldn't figure out what the was wrong. They said they'd escalate the issue and someone would call me in a couple days. It's been several days without a call and I still can't login. Currently waiting on the line again to speak to someone. Hope you were able to get a quicker resolution because this has been incredibly frustrating process.
same with me, didn't work when we tried to make sure the addresses and emails are matching between the two profiles, got escalated and was told someone would call me back eod, unfortunately no one called so i just tried again and it worked

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)