Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Baseball gloves on clearance at CT for $27.93

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2016 9:14 pm
19 replies
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Went online to shop
Some stores don't have them on sale and the stores that do have different prices. Makes for a frustrating shopping experience.
still thanks for posting maybe someone else can get a deal on a glove
Mar 9, 2014
125 posts
190 upvotes
YORK
FYI the store I was at is in Toronto at Eglinton and Caledonia, lots of stock there. Including kids gloves for $5 bucks!
Nov 20, 2015
385 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm a cricketer but seeing that it's not so big here I was looking at joining a baseball team. If I just need a basic glove which one should I be looking at? I'm an adult male.
Mar 9, 2014
125 posts
190 upvotes
YORK
themank wrote: I'm a cricketer but seeing that it's not so big here I was looking at joining a baseball team. If I just need a basic glove which one should I be looking at? I'm an adult male.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/easto ... 03185.html

This is what I bought. It's a 13inch glove... Typically you go about 11-13 inches for infield or 12-14 for out... So it's a decent inbetweener. You probably know this already but if you throw right you catch left... So choose the normal glove not the righty glove...
Nov 20, 2015
385 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary, AB
thedudemrt wrote:
themank wrote: I'm a cricketer but seeing that it's not so big here I was looking at joining a baseball team. If I just need a basic glove which one should I be looking at? I'm an adult male.

This is what I bought. It's a 13inch glove... Typically you go about 11-13 inches for infield or 12-14 for out... So it's a decent inbetweener. You probably know this already but if you throw right you catch left... So choose the normal glove not the righty glove...
Sweet, thanks!
Dec 24, 2004
231 posts
198 upvotes
Saint Hubert
Keep in mind that you will have to break in the glove. New gloves are stiff and rarely close the way you want it to. This could make for a frustrating experience for you. You can buy oil which will help, you can get a ball and wrap the glove with elastic, which can also help, but even then it will take time to get it the way you like. Time will depend on how often you use it.

For seasoned players, they often have old looking gloves. This is because its broken in the way they like it. Once you have something that does what you like, you'll probably keep that glove for years and years. If you get a high quality glove, it may end up being the only glove you'll ever buy.

Have fun and enjoy the game!
Nov 20, 2015
385 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mcmoser wrote:
Keep in mind that you will have to break in the glove. New gloves are stiff and rarely close the way you want it to. This could make for a frustrating experience for you. You can buy oil which will help, you can get a ball and wrap the glove with elastic, which can also help, but even then it will take time to get it the way you like. Time will depend on how often you use it.

For seasoned players, they often have old looking gloves. This is because its broken in the way they like it. Once you have something that does what you like, you'll probably keep that glove for years and years. If you get a high quality glove, it may end up being the only glove you'll ever buy.

Have fun and enjoy the game!
Yeah, I remember Tulo's glove last season :)
Feb 25, 2003
321 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh, can't find any on sale online for the locations around Vancouver!!
Mar 24, 2003
725 posts
194 upvotes
If you find good selection in-stock, please post the location...thnks!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
Pretty annoying that the website isn't even working for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
Got the easton svsm1400 price matched at another location to main/danforth for $33.99

Reg. $85

Ymmv on pricematch to other location and i saw most stores are regular price
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
The absolute best way to break in a baseball glove is to play a lot of catch. Second best is to play more catch. Seriously, don't trust these break in quick oils, if you must use one then get one with a conditioner instead, checkout Nokona.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Aug 1, 2012
282 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
thedudemrt wrote:

Unless you are talking about softball you are wrong, which I doubt you are as the question you replied to was for baseball.

13 inch for the infield? Unless you're playing first base (which normally uses a trapper) that's way to big. Also, 14 inch will also be too big in every adult league (IE Banned) on the planet. If you also plan to do any competitive league 12.75" is the max you can go. 13 inch for any position in the infield is just two big and will make your life harder (except for 1st). Why? With the adult infield being a 90 feet between bases (bigger infield), you have a much shorter time to make that throw to first. Having a 13 inch glove will eat too much time while you try to find and grip the ball correctly in that monster.

Here are the sizes that you'd want.

Catcher 32-34.5"
First Base 12-13"
Second Base / Short Stop 11.25-11.5"
Third Base 11.5-12"
Pitcher 11.5-12"
Outfield 12-13"

If you want to play competitive 13" turns to 12.75", but you'll know that hence why I didn't list it (ps you can probably get away with 13 inch in a competitive league as most umps won't notice).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
LeafsFan91 wrote:
If you want to play competitive 13" turns to 12.75", but you'll know that hence why I didn't list it (ps you can probably get away with 13 inch in a competitive league as most umps won't notice).
13" is legal in MLB in 2016. Most leagues will rewrite their rules eventually.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2016/ ... _rules.pdf

"vi. The Official Playing Rules Committee made the following changes that
will be in effect for the 2016 season:

- Amended Rule 3.05 to increase the length of the first baseman’s glove or
mitt to a maximum of 13 inches.

- Amended Rule 3.06 to increase the measurement of a fielder’s glove to a
maximum of 13 inches from top to bottom.

3.06(1.14) Fielding Gloves

The glove shall not measure more than 13 inches from the tip of any
one of the 4 fingers, through the ball pocket to the bottom edge or
heel of glove. "
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP. Had to go to 2 different CT locations to get a glove for myself and my daughter - but for < 50$ for both, worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
great price on gloves, too bad i don't need one but have a few youngsters to buy for that could use a $5 one